Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please allow abilities to effect defense targets

JackHargreav

9 hours ago, zioxei said:

Better not bring their attention to this because they're gonna disable the abilities that do work on defense targets rather than enable those that do not.

They really ought to.

Most defense targets are already durable to some point far past excess.

If the team can't play well enough or utilize their skills well enough to defend the target, they deserve to see the mission failed screen.

11 hours ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

I can't really think of a reason for why they would make defense targets immune to most abilities in the first place.

Being  easier to balance for any team comp is the main reason I can come up with.  But there's hardly any risk of defeat at normal levels anyway, so balance doesn't really come into it much.

You can see a similar but more sophisticated approach in Disruption 

I think with Defense it would be better if support abilities worked on the objective by default, but at some sort of penalty.  

9 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

They really ought to.

Most defense targets are already durable to some point far past excess.

If the team can't play well enough or utilize their skills well enough to defend the target, they deserve to see the mission failed screen.

There is no excessive defense when the enemies are lvl 1500. More defensive abilities would be especially useful for teams smaller than 4 who are already busy fighting off enemies.

You can't blame people if all it takes is a split second to lose the defense target because of damage scaling.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, zioxei said:

You can't blame people if all it takes is a split second to lose the defense target because of damage scaling.

This is a problem of damage scaling , not a problem of abilities that can't affect defense tergets. This is basically not normal when opponents deal more than 50K damage per shot.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-07 at 11:38 AM, zioxei said:

Better not bring their attention to this because they're gonna disable the abilities that do work on defense targets rather than enable those that do not.

I was going to point out a frame that's perfect for protecting defense targets even with its 1, but... that frame gets enough undeserved hatred already, last thing it needs is a nerf.

The main reason I suggested this other than support frames not being all that useful right now, is because I was on Vallis doing a r5 mission and you have to defend that drone.

I was with Hildryn and thought It's not going to be a big problem since I can buff shields anyways. Well I was wrong. The enemy demolished the drone within seconds and that kinda pissed me off.

Because I had a defensive ability specificly to defend something with shields. 

I tried out Trinity too and of course her 4th didn't work in any way on the defense targets.

I guess if we look at the game as a co-op focused expirience then yeah this is totally not needed. But for those who want to use Support frames in solo, well good luck with the defense missions.

4 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I guess if we look at the game as a co-op focused expirience then yeah this is totally not needed. But for those who want to use Support frames in solo, well good luck with the defense missions.

That, and it just makes sense.  If I pretend I was newish to the game and just picking up my first support frame...why would I only expect my abilities to apply to myself, my companions, and my squadmates and not to defense objectives and the like?

• Like 1

On 2020-03-08 at 4:39 AM, zioxei said:

There is no excessive defense when the enemies are lvl 1500. More defensive abilities would be especially useful for teams smaller than 4 who are already busy fighting off enemies.

You can't blame people if all it takes is a split second to lose the defense target because of damage scaling.

"When enemies are level 1500."

lol

So you're just a troll.