Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Themes - General Mythology

(PSN)AnAgitatedGerbil

I don't mean one frame consisting of a match of various mythology I mean a running theme that could possibly result in 16 possibly even 20 more frames based off of the ideas of monsters, God's and Goddesses of things like Greek, Norse and Chinese Mythos.

One such idea could be a Frame based off of Hades or possibly Athena, another could be based off of Thor (I mean, Loki already exists) for Egyptian you could just take Anubis, Horus or Baset (if I spelled that right) and even in Chinese Mythos The Phoenix is a Divine Creature (I am aware that Wukong and Nezah are from Journey to the West)

It may take a bit if brainstorming but this is mostly a post aimed and the developers as an idea for the future.

Inaros, Oberon, Titania, Valkyr (Bastet helm?), Wukong, and Nezha come to mind.

Though I did have a vague idea for a Hades/Cerberus Frame that had three "Hounds" as ghost/holographic Kubrow projected from pieces of armor, one with a helmet, one with a chestpiece, and one with shoulder/leg armor, though each shared the same mods. They didn't quite work freely as normal companions like Khora's Venari, but instead each corresponding to "Hades'" first, second, and third abilities, each one conjuring/sending out their respective Hound to perform some special attack or action at the target area before setting up a Gate that served as the centerpoint of a "patrol zone" that said Hound could then behave normally within but be unable to stray out of. Enemies killed within this zone would grant stacks to each respective Hound that become important later. 

Recasting abilities would relocate the Gate to the new location, with the caveat that the origin point would be the last Gate's location rather than Hades'. Holding the ability button would recall that Hound back to Hades' side, dismissing the Gate and the Hound and allowing you to cast the ability afresh with yourself as the origin, but if said Hound had accumulated enough stacks they would not be dismissed, but would instead remain at your side for a short duration, granting you a buff (different for each Hound) and continuing to act within a short radius of yourself (maybe even visually represent this as each Hound manifested in this manner having a chain leading to one of Hades' hands).

If all three Hounds each possess a certain minimum number of stacks and/or are active at his side in this manner, Hades can cast his Ultimate to merge with them, donning the helmet, chestpiece, and shoulder armor to enter a Cerberus state that massively increases strength and durability while allowing you to freely use each Hound's powers as your own until the duration expires.

...It's kind of a complicated system, basically kinda inspired by Azir from League of Legends where you gotta learn to manage a handful of minions with limited effective ranges, but if you can learn to strategically reposition them and take full advantage of situational awareness to fully stack up each Hound then you can be rewarded with the massively buffed Cerberus form that lets you just go full ham and raise hell for a while. Ultimately not sure how well it would actually work out in Warframe, nor am I entirely certain what each Hound's unique abilities would actually be besides your first one (the helmet one) having a linear charge attack.

3 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

Inaros, Oberon, Titania, Valkyr (Bastet helm?), Wukong, and Nezha come to mind.

Though I did have a vague idea for a Hades/Cerberus Frame that had three "Hounds" as ghost/holographic Kubrow projected from pieces of armor, one with a helmet, one with a chestpiece, and one with shoulder/leg armor, though each shared the same mods. They didn't quite work freely as normal companions like Khora's Venari, but instead each corresponding to "Hades'" first, second, and third abilities, each one conjuring/sending out their respective Hound to perform some special attack or action at the target area before setting up a Gate that served as the centerpoint of a "patrol zone" that said Hound could then behave normally within but be unable to stray out of. Enemies killed within this zone would grant stacks to each respective Hound that become important later. 

Recasting abilities would relocate the Gate to the new location, with the caveat that the origin point would be the last Gate's location rather than Hades'. Holding the ability button would recall that Hound back to Hades' side, dismissing the Gate and the Hound and allowing you to cast the ability afresh with yourself as the origin, but if said Hound had accumulated enough stacks they would not be dismissed, but would instead remain at your side for a short duration, granting you a buff (different for each Hound) and continuing to act within a short radius of yourself (maybe even visually represent this as each Hound manifested in this manner having a chain leading to one of Hades' hands).

If all three Hounds each possess a certain minimum number of stacks and/or are active at his side in this manner, Hades can cast his Ultimate to merge with them, donning the helmet, chestpiece, and shoulder armor to enter a Cerberus state that massively increases strength and durability while allowing you to freely use each Hound's powers as your own until the duration expires.

...It's kind of a complicated system, basically kinda inspired by Azir from League of Legends where you gotta learn to manage a handful of minions with limited effective ranges, but if you can learn to strategically reposition them and take full advantage of situational awareness to fully stack up each Hound then you can be rewarded with the massively buffed Cerberus form that lets you just go full ham and raise hell for a while. Ultimately not sure how well it would actually work out in Warframe, nor am I entirely certain what each Hound's unique abilities would actually be besides your first one (the helmet one) having a linear charge attack.

I mostly made this post for the Devs if they need inspiration but the ideas you mentioned here would work I'd suppose. I couldn't do much better myself

I will say this though, Titania, Oberon, Nezha and Wukong fit this idea entirely as they come from story books. The first that came to mind for me was always Zephyr (a gender-bent version of Zephyrus, Greek God of the West Wind) or Atlas (The Titan that holds up the planet in Greek Mythos)