Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading - The End Of Small Clans?

matto

Work has started on the trade system! I think we have a good solution for this. It will start off small and expand as we measure how the community reacts to it. Clans will be required to create a trading post in their dojo in order to trade. Trades will be like for like, meaning rare items for rare items. Currently trading is locked to Mods, plus weapon and Warframe parts. Blueprints and crafting materials are being considered for addition to the system but may not be in version 1. We are also considering putting a daily limit on the number of trades that can be completed. More details coming as this gets implemented and tested. I think the current plan is to roll this out in Update 11 (this may change!)

Scott stated here that trading will be implemented as a new dojo thing, which means that trading will be a clan-centered system.

Knowing this, it could give people another reason to join large clans as you'll have more chance to find a fellow tenno having the desired item.

Do you think that this way of putting trading into Warframe would result in the decline of small clans or clan creation?

Or, do you think that it will encourage more coop as your friends (friendship is more present in smaller clans) can now help you find the desired items by farming with different teams, even when you're off?

Edited by matto

I'll still forever remain in my clan of me and 3 of my mates, because we're all very experienced and have almost every mod.

We still need to farm a lot of things though, and I have 2 split chambers while my friend has none.

For me, I see it as trading between friends instead of just joining a massive clan to purge it of its resources.

Sorry but that is bs.

Think about it again.Alot people have double stuff.Maybe you have Latron Prime Receiver and the you want Braton prime Receiver.Where is the diffrent to bigger clans?Only problem is for clans that dont play much void or is full of inactive players.Thats all.

Edited by K0bra

Both are an option as someone who want to work hard and create his/her clan will still go on those who want to have a faster growth will join a larger clan yet in the end clan size is not really going to matter as with the trade system it works only for mods if i'm not mistaken so even joining larger clans does not mean that you will find what you need, probably clan will start clan policies in wich initiates cannot trade as people could just join the clan to get the needed mod and than get out.

I'm gonna go with the latter.

People who choose to be in a small clan now do so for the cooperative nature of a small group. Being able to trade would maybe cause SOME people to just join a storm clan (or larger) but generally I think it'd just be a new layer of co operability

Sorry but that is bs.

Think about it again.

I didn't give my opinion as I am just looking for feedbacks here. I am not even concerned by this thread ^^

but did he said it will be restricted to the members of the clan? it might just need to biuld it to acces a global market or maybe you will be able to just visit a clan to trade

He didn't say anything indeed. And if one day they include ressources to trading, maybe we could expect trading between clans and reinforcing alliances.

yet in the end clan size is not really going to matter as with the trade system it works only for mods if i'm not mistaken so even joining larger clans does not mean that you will find what you need, probably clan will start clan policies in wich initiates cannot trade as people could just join the clan to get the needed mod and than get out.

Well, it's a matter of probability. You'll have more chance to find someone who got lucky and have the rare item you want in a larger clan.

And yeah, the possibility to restrain trading by a clan management command would be nice :)

Edited by matto

Its funny that we go on to this type of discussion but let me help with this. Currently I'm in a ranked clan of 30 members with only about 7(totally 8 with me in it) being active out of those 7 members tho only a few of them don't have certain rare mods (I believe Fire Storm being one of them) but have tons of duplicates. While larger clans probably have more "active" people to help farming small clans are still going to be fine depending on the individuals in clans.

Well, maybe i'm biased because i've played a lot and only miss a couple mods to have everything i want, but even in my own humbly sized shadow clan i could get everything i want from my clan mates, heck you virtually double your chanses at everything if you only get to trade with one person already.

Are we sure that we can only trade with those IN our clan? I was under the impression the trading post gave us ACCESS to some of trade system that everyone else in a clan with a trading post could reach out to. Kinda like how you could go to the Grand Exchange in Runescape to trade with any other player looking to trade things.

Hmmm....grind & farm for an item killing a boss with a RNG generator tens and tens of times, or...

...trade for it, instant gratification?

Tough choice that. 

So, everyone trades; no one has a reason to play anymore.

Because the farm for those rare items IS the game.  

Trading = bad.  Clan-orientated trading = worse, as people will only join large clans (which in most cases isn't a clan at all, but a very large random group of pugs).  Trading where other people can be invited into your dojo to trade with you gets around the second problem, but not the first.

Not a fan of trading.

Because the farm for those rare items IS the game.

I kind of agree but hope that it will somehow kill a part of the farm process so DE will finally understand that you can't give people this as the only purpose of a game that is meant to last. But I'm loosing the thread here.

I kind of agree but hope that it will somehow kill a part of the farm process so DE will finally understand that you can't give people this as the only purpose of a game that is meant to last. But I'm loosing the thread here.

This is what I hate... DON'T USE IT THEN! I'm sorry but if you feel it will ruin the game then don't use it, who cares of other people do because it's their choice. It wouldn't change anything more than it does now. 

If you out enough thought into it you'll see that it's not going to kill the game, no one will force you to take their quick thinking mod or frost part so you can farm for that till your heart's content!

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

Again, it's only reducing the process if you let it. No one is going to shove 50 gallium, 500k nano spores, and 20 neuroses in your foundry. You have tobacco it and trade for it, if you like farming then get if your self as if nothing changed!

Edit: I'm getting used to typing on a tablet and spell check sucks tobacco>to let >.>

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

Trading is good because it will help poor players who just started in the Clan.

Sure DE can keep throwing glaive and dual zoren Bps at me, but instead of selling them for cash, I can give em to Clannies for a little leg up, especially since i don't need them.

Also gives me another reason to do alerts, hoarding trinkets like auras and rare bps for them, even though I don't need it.