Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confused to how it works.

Hexsing

Question

I have gotten 3 different answers about how status works.  

1)  Status can apply multiple times on one enemy. Even under 100% status chance on a weapon. Example 3 viral procs.

Or

2)  Status can only proc the same type multiple times if the weapon has over 100% Status chance. So you can only get 3 viral procs if over 100%

Can someone please clarify.

7 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

So you have to have more than 100% to proc a second version of the same proc.  So in order to get the benefit of stacking viral I would need to have at least 125%  on a weapon. Then I would have 25% chance to proc viral again.  If I am reading this correct.  

I think my confusion is if at 100% I get the chance to proc a second type.

So if im using viral under 100% I can still stack viral procs multiple times.  But if I am using viral and heat I can stack both Viral and heat procs if I'm over 100%

Is that right?

Edited by Hexsing

48 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

1)  Status can apply multiple times on one enemy. Even under 100% status chance on a weapon. Example 3 viral procs.

Indeed. Just need multiple hits, via Multishot and / or just further attacks.

13 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

So you have to have more than 100% to proc a second version of the same proc.

Only if you want them to come from the same single hit (ignoring Multishot).

14 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

So if im using viral under 100% I can still stack viral procs multiple times.

Sure.

14 minutes ago, Hexsing said:

But if I am using viral and heat I can stack both Viral and heat procs if I'm over 100%

You can stack them just fine at any %.

The only thing you might get at above 100% is that you inflict both (or again, multiple of the same) procs on a single hit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Indeed. Just need multiple hits, via Multishot and / or just further attacks.

Only if you want them to come from the same single hit (ignoring Multishot).

Sure.

You can stack them just fine at any %.

The only thing you might get at above 100% is that you inflict both (or again, multiple of the same) procs on a single hit.

Thank you.  This has helped very much.  I'm just getting so many different answers about how this all works.  

• Like 1

OP, just think of status as a chance to cause a specific Ailment, you do not need 100% to actually activate an ailment, 100% just means every shot will activate an ailment, 50% just means you have a 50% chance per shot to activate an ailment.  You could only have 25% status chance yet still rack up a number of ailments/status effects on a target, esp if you have a fast firing weapon which is where they do their work best.  above 100% just means there is a bigger chance of causing more than 1 ailment per shot, so again 150% status would mean 1 shot is certain to inflict an ailment but also having an extra 50% chance to instantly cause another different ailment/status effect at the same time.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.  It makes sense now.  I was modding so heavy for Status because there was an argument in chat that said that you could only you could only go above a certain status increase or stack if you had above 100%

For example corrosive and the stacking to 80 strip of armor.  Somone mentioned that to get the rest of the procs to stack you needed above 100%   

I didn't think that was Right.

I am glad I asked.  Because I was adding every darn status mod and then realized couldnt make my weapons viable.  

• Like 2