Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Option To Choose

DonderVuist

Heya,

so ehm what about the option to un-equip weapons ?

it will give the game a increase in difficulty.

for example: i choose not to bring a side arm or a melee weapon or i bring only a side arm weapon to an infested ship

ok i know that you have the option not to use your armory but this way it will improve your warfame looks :)

example: (maybe its just me) Nekros and side arms on his legs is just plain ugly :)

greets

p.s if any spelling erros or missing . or , i apologize for it im dutch and to lazy to do spelling checks :D

Well thats just giving yourself a challenge right? then why the need of a unequip option? just don't use that sidearm/primary/melee weapon throughout the mission.

Idk what to say to the hiding of equipment. True it makes your warframe look nicer.

Why not? An option to unequip weapons isn't going to be a problem for those who don't want to use it.

Mhh and this thread makes me think that a nightmare mode that disables one of your weapons would be interesting.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Well thats just giving yourself a challenge right? then why the need of a unequip option? just don't use that sidearm/primary/melee weapon throughout the mission.

Idk what to say to the hiding of equipment. True it makes your warframe look nicer.

I agree, i just want to make them look nicer cuz there aint a side arm pressent atm wich will look good on Nekros legs :) but like i said its prob a personal thingy xD

Edited by Latumalea

Mhh and this thread makes me think that a nightmare mode that disables one of your weapons would be interesting.

that would be indeed a real nightmare mode :) no hp regeneration and missing a weapon: only bring a melee and primary will leave you with just one weapon xD

Edited by Latumalea

@Latumalea

Actually DE has tossed around the idea of having a nightmare mode that disables all but one of your weapons, similar to the "Pistol Only" or "Melee Only" rank up test for mastery. Hopefully they will eventually get around to adding it in.

@Latumalea

Actually DE has tossed around the idea of having a nightmare mode that disables all but one of your weapons, similar to the "Pistol Only" or "Melee Only" rank up test for mastery. Hopefully they will eventually get around to adding it in.

ok didn't know that, but like you im hoping they will bring it into the game :)

Remove side arm and melee.  Start mission.  "This just got more complicated - take this datamass to the engine room".

Bad idea.  Not to mention the strife it would cause in any mission with a datamass.  "I'm leveling my primary, so I'll just not take a secondary, and that way nobody will suggest I should carry the datamass."

Edited by Phatose

No. This is 100% not necessary. If you choose not to use your sidearm or just your melee, great, that's your choice have fun. (You could even de-mod the weapon you don't want to use so you won't be tempted.) There is plenty of other things in this game that the Dev team could / should be working on rather then something that is already there if the player in question chooses to play a certain way or with a certain weapon. Things like this should be at the very bottom of the "list of things to work on today in Warframe" if it is on the list at all, which again I don't think it should be. It's not worth the time it would take to code when there is numerous things in game play that are still glitchy.

I suggest saving things like this for after the game is polished.

No. This is 100% not necessary. If you choose not to use your sidearm or just your melee, great, that's your choice have fun. (You could even de-mod the weapon you don't want to use so you won't be tempted.) There is plenty of other things in this game that the Dev team could / should be working on rather then something that is already there if the player in question chooses to play a certain way or with a certain weapon. Things like this should be at the very bottom of the "list of things to work on today in Warframe" if it is on the list at all, which again I don't think it should be. It's not worth the time it would take to code when there is numerous things in game play that are still glitchy.

I suggest saving things like this for after the game is polished.

i agree with you in one way on the otherhand they promote this as a ninja game so the option should allrdy be in the game since even cyborg ninjas dont run around with guns on their legs i dont see mr hayabusa run around with a revolver on his legs and even if he did it would look cool on some warframes aka nekros excalibur etc have those leg shapes wich sometimes wearing a sidearm its just plain ugly

but anyway like i said it was prob my own opinion im just glad to see that there are more feeling the same way and not just me dont get me wrong tho i rly love this game 

I like the idea, simple to implement and does not actually effect anyones gameplay except those who want to use it.

I've often wanted to un-eqiup my primary so I can roll with my dual vastos and melee and be badass. Especially would want it if I upgrade to Grand Master so I can roll with Excal prime, Lato Prima and Skana prime only. Would be cool.

Do not like this idea. I would be fully against it's implementation unless it was unable to be done when set to Online. If it was only possible for Solo, Invite-Only, and Private, I would be fine with this.

why not it just more challenging but maybe just give it a limitation so that you need to bring atleast 1 or 2 weapons ?

I would like a Mass Effect way of approaching things with this, bring less weapons and gain some benefits.

Something in the lines of, bringing only a melee weapon increases your Melee damage, attack speed and armour.

good idea youll need it when you bring a knife to a gun fight :)