Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Design


(XBOX)iron fist 1029
 Share

Recommended Posts

There aren't any.

If you want to create a Warframe design for the contest/call for designs, all you have to do is write out your idea(s) in a post on the appropriate thread.

What sort of theme is your design? What would its abilities be? Asking yourself and answering those sorts of questions in the post you make is how you submit your ideas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(XB1)iron fist 1029     

I came up with “Smoke” he’s sleek and supposed to be designed for stealth and close combat. Smoke is a calm character but if pushed to his limits he will reek havoc by slashing and slaughtering many.

Passive: Disable
•When his shield is completely depleted he emanates smoke to protect himself.

•His smoke will jam or clog the guns of enemies in range

Ability 1: Manhunt

•He emits a small ball of smoke that detects enemies and passes on after the death of an enemy but gets weaker as it passes on.

Ability 2: Ghastly

•Teleportation he can teleport from a certain distance and leaves a gas deadly to enemies to disperse. (3s)

Ability 3: Energy Ripple

•He makes smoke clones and they go teleport to teammates and connect them to him for them to receive energy 

•Any damage taken gives energy to teammates

Ability 4: Shadowed Saber

•He concentrates smoke and creates a small double sided sword to exterminate any and all nearby enemies.

( This is the plan for the warframe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-03-08 at 12:03 AM, (XB1)iron fist 1029 said:

Is there any artist who is willing to help me design my warframe and draw it for me, this is for the warframe contest

1. Having someone design the concept for you defeats the purpose of the contest. It's your idea that's supposed to be in your post. Can you imagine a guy buying services of Usain Bolt and then claiming they are the runner? No. Same thing here. If you can't draw, tough luck, you gotta describe things with words.

2. The contest you're referring to asks for an idea for a theme, not a full set of powers. The contest for powers is going to happen later, after the currently ongoing theme-contest ends. You're wasting your time coming up with abilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

1. Having someone design the concept for you defeats the purpose of the contest. It's your idea that's supposed to be in your post. Can you imagine a guy buying services of Usain Bolt and then claiming they are the runner? No. Same thing here. If you can't draw, tough luck, you gotta describe things with words.

2. The contest you're referring to asks for an idea for a theme, not a full set of powers. The contest for powers is going to happen later, after the currently ongoing theme-contest ends. You're wasting your time coming up with abilities.

Cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

1. Having someone design the concept for you defeats the purpose of the contest. It's your idea that's supposed to be in your post. Can you imagine a guy buying services of Usain Bolt and then claiming they are the runner? No. Same thing here. If you can't draw, tough luck, you gotta describe things with words.

2. The contest you're referring to asks for an idea for a theme, not a full set of powers. The contest for powers is going to happen later, after the currently ongoing theme-contest ends. You're wasting your time coming up with abilities.

Also I meant the looks of it and y not give the whole idea and if u didn’t want to help u shouldn’t have said anything bc that’s not what I asked

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

1. Having someone design the concept for you defeats the purpose of the contest. It's your idea that's supposed to be in your post. Can you imagine a guy buying services of Usain Bolt and then claiming they are the runner? No. Same thing here. If you can't draw, tough luck, you gotta describe things with words.

2. The contest you're referring to asks for an idea for a theme, not a full set of powers. The contest for powers is going to happen later, after the currently ongoing theme-contest ends. You're wasting your time coming up with abilities.

I disagree with

1.) I see no reason why 2 (or more) people (even if one created the bulk of the idea) shouldnt work together if it means creating the best warframe that they couldnt come up with alone. 

Edit: The goal is to make the warframe, not get all the credit... nothing even comes out of the credit anyway if im not mistaken. Just you and the person who helped you BOTH get your theme chosen... the goal

And 

2.) As you said, there will be an ability contest later. It would be wise to come up with the best abilities possible for your theme right now so that they have the best *chance* of getting chosen. Even if your theme doesnt win, if you have created good and unique abilities they still may be useful for another theme that wins.

For a BASIC example, an ability that gives you a pack of wolves but the wolf theme didnt win, a Lion theme won. Well change the wolves to lions in the ability design, now you have a lion pride ability.

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I disagree with

1.) I see no reason why 2 (or more) people (even if one created the bulk of the idea) shouldnt work together if it means creating the best warframe that they couldnt come up with alone

And 

2.) As you said, there will be an ability contest later. It would be wise to come up with the best abilities possible for your theme right now so that they have the best *chance* of getting chosen. Even if your theme doesnt win, if you have created good and unique abilities they still may be useful for another theme that wins.

For a BASIC example, an ability that gives you a pack of wolves but the wolf theme didnt win, a Lion theme won. Well change the wolves, now you have a lion pride ability.

Thank you kind sir or ma’am for explains to this incompetent person what I’m trying to do you couldn’t have said it better😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XB1)iron fist 1029 said:

Also I meant the looks of it and y not give the whole idea and if u didn’t want to help u shouldn’t have said anything bc that’s not what I asked

I feel obliged to point out that that's not really necessary right now.  The contest is about pitching a general theme.  While providing a design is useful in getting the userbase excited about the idea, per the rules of the contest "Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme. "  So if you have a good high concept, you might as well pitch it in the thread

Edited by Cegrin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cegrin said:

I feel obliged to point out that that's not really necessary right now.  The contest is about pitching a general theme.  While providing a design is useful in getting the userbase excited about the idea, per the rules of the contest "Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme. "  So if you have a good high concept, you might as well pitch it in the thread

I understand that but does it differentiate the outcome if I make it now or later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (XB1)iron fist 1029 said:

I understand that but does it differentiate the outcome if I make it now or later

Possibly.  Per the second rule: "If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!"  The longer you wait to submit, the greater the odds are that someone else will post a similar idea before you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

I disagree with

(...)

Even if we look at it from your point of view, this forum section isn't even a good place for looking for artists (since fanART is a section too), so ultimately, OP's quest is going to fail regardless of what you feel about it.

And I can hardly see a person that gets so emotional over a single comment that they feel the need to make THREE different responses being able to cooperate properly with anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Even if we look at it from your point of view, this forum section isn't even a good place for looking for artists (since fanART is a section too), so ultimately, OP's quest is going to fail regardless of what you feel about it.

And I can hardly see a person that gets so emotional over a single comment that they feel the need to make THREE different responses being able to cooperate properly with anyone.

(Im leaving after this post cause this is not the place for this type of conversation)

Fact remains that whatever they come up with has a chance if its good, and someone can help to make it better Without wanting Credit for helping being gaurnteed seeing as to how credit grants you no rewards for this contest. Only people wanting credit are those in need of attention.

No reason to point out personal things that you think are flaws too. DE's against that here.

Okay im out, sorry about all this @(XB1)iron fist 1029

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

someone can help to make it better Without wanting Credit

It's unfair to ask for help/service and NOT credit that person afterwards, no matter how you spin it. In fact, if you were to commission someone, you'd still be LEGALLY obliged to credit the actual artist.

What you speak of is pretty much theft of intellectual property and definitely an anti-artist stance. There is nothing wrong in artists wanting recognition of their work, no matter if that work was sold/given or not. In fact, you should feel obligated to share the real source of any artwork you are given/buy.

And it's funny you mention I'm "pointing out personal flaws" when OP directly insulted me in their reponses (which is why I'm no longer talking to them).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

1. Having someone design the concept for you defeats the purpose of the contest. It's your idea that's supposed to be in your post. Can you imagine a guy buying services of Usain Bolt and then claiming they are the runner? No. Same thing here. If you can't draw, tough luck, you gotta describe things with words.

There is such a thing as a group project. My name pops up 3 times on that thread my own submission and other 2 submissions people cited me as a contributor. 

But that brings me to the second part not citing and crediting the Artist is a duck move. You are absolutely right about that.

8 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

2. The contest you're referring to asks for an idea for a theme, not a full set of powers. The contest for powers is going to happen later, after the currently ongoing theme-contest ends. You're wasting your time coming up with abilities.

Showing the kit is just a proof of concept here a cool pitch for you. There is a lot to explore with it for example: xyz

It not necessary , probably pointelss a good pitch is probably more important. But the kit is somewhat usefull.

Edited by keikogi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-03-12 at 4:38 PM, HugintheCrow said:

It's unfair to ask for help/service and NOT credit that person afterwards, no matter how you spin it. In fact, if you were to commission someone, you'd still be LEGALLY obliged to credit the actual artist.

What you speak of is pretty much theft of intellectual property and definitely an anti-artist stance. There is nothing wrong in artists wanting recognition of their work, no matter if that work was sold/given or not. In fact, you should feel obligated to share the real source of any artwork you are given/buy.

And it's funny you mention I'm "pointing out personal flaws" when OP directly insulted me in their reponses (which is why I'm no longer talking to them).

I never once said I wasn’t going to give credit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-03-12 at 4:27 PM, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

(Im leaving after this post cause this is not the place for this type of conversation)

Fact remains that whatever they come up with has a chance if its good, and someone can help to make it better Without wanting Credit for helping being gaurnteed seeing as to how credit grants you no rewards for this contest. Only people wanting credit are those in need of attention.

No reason to point out personal things that you think are flaws too. DE's against that here.

Okay im out, sorry about all this @(XB1)iron fist 1029

It’s fine nothing is held against u thanks for backing me up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...