Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Castanas dont do damage to eidolons

KakosLykos

Hello

I use Ivara with castanas for eidolon hunting for a long time now (from summer 19), and now, after the latest patch, castanas do 0 damage on Hydrolyst and sometimes Gantulyst too. It's not a "you missed" problem since im so experienced with the method, it's just impossible to miss, first because i always put 2 castanas on the synovias for 100% sure one shot and second because i have done this so many times i just cant miss. So either it's a bug or something changed. My castanas damage is radiation which eidolons have a weakness off so it cant be a wrong element damage type either.

The problem is that you detonate the castanas when the time is right (shields are off and the health bar is hitable with regular weapons) and the damage shown is a black 0, which means it didnt hit, even when the castana is right at the center of the synovia (the arm ones). My guess is that something happened with the aoe range of the weapon now that it got messed with. Please fix it.

Hi ,

Experiencing the same problem, somehow 27.2.2 fixed it for Teralyst and to some extend Gantulyst. Hydrolyst is still the problem...  sticking 3 castanas in different spot of the same synovia ... when detonating  triple 0 !! damage.

I suppose the problem is with the new explosion detection mechanism that mess up things. The range, the fall off etc .. as  eidolon have so weird hitboxes. But  dont expect a fix soon, water spawn synovia only being hit-able by hitscan weapon is here till more than a year now ( plains remastered ) they dont move  the finger.

Still i hope for a fix, the off meta needs it. Plz 😛

The problem is that, if the AoE hits a damage-immune part of the enemy "first", the whole thing is considered to have hit the immune part. This has been true for a while, and also affects things like Lephantis/Hemocyte and other enemies with damage-immune parts, such as Bursas. This is exists because of the mechanics preventing a single attack from hitting multiple times.

DE has tried to fix this in the past, but they have yet to pin it down.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-08 at 9:59 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The problem is that, if the AoE hits a damage-immune part of the enemy "first", the whole thing is considered to have hit the immune part. This has been true for a while, and also affects things like Lephantis/Hemocyte and other enemies with damage-immune parts, such as Bursas. This is exists because of the mechanics preventing a single attack from hitting multiple times.

DE has tried to fix this in the past, but they have yet to pin it down.

This doesn't make any sense, it was working fine until the latest patch.
Nothing changed in my method but now it's not working, so they really messed up something
maybe the 90% reduced fall off damage hurt castanas so much because they didnt have big radius anyway but still, when the castana is ON THE SYNOVIA this should not be happening, they are touching....there is literally 0 distance between them

Edited by KakosLykos

• 2 weeks later...

I tested further,

Teralyst is perfectly OK ...  all 4 synovias and the head ( cap phase ) it's working fine.

For gantulyst, Only the knees  and the head are working fine. The 4 upper parts,  (2shoulders and 2arms) ... no matter where or how many castanas i place = 0 Damage. The upper parts are bugged on gantulyst.

For Hydrolyst. Only the knees are working fine .... The 4 upper parts and the head ( cap phase ) you do 0 damage when detonating the castanas.

So as eidolon are getting taller and greenier ... Is it altitude that matter ??? Kidding ...

I don't understand why the bug of 0 dammage occurs  but they should fix it based on how the teralyst work.

• 10 months later...

I really like ivara in hunt that's why i almost 1 year worked on that bug to fix. I used tons of different mods (and combinations) but finally, yes finally i found a way to bypass that bug ....

Edited by absgcm

• 4 weeks later...