Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just need to vent about RJ

Pzykdruhgs

The intrinsics grind is way too long, had calculated it at one point at ~196 hours from 8888, abusing Ivara instead of being able to just play anything. Just why?! Why do I have to run like 400 of the same mission? Is there going to be some better way eventually to generate exp? This is way too much.. When you consider to max a set of weapons takes only a handful of runs - why is this grind so large? And I'd love to have solo'd it so I can do without the below things I'm going to mention, but that option was removed now. Could we maybe have the intrinsics focused on, you know, RJ things -> Blowing up ships, instead of killing the Grineer?

AFKs. This is a serious problem, people are so bored that going afk is pretty common so I'm sometimes soloing anyways even though I have a full squad. There should be some bigger incentive for people to be doing each specific task: Boarding/Missioning, Piloting, Crafting, maybe ESPECIALLY scuttling the crewships and taking down fighters.

Trolls. I'm actually typing this while someone just sits outside the ship at the end of mission. This is the same person who AFK'd. Likely I could ask them to return, still.

No one collecting / Vacuum can miss sometimes. Is there ever a reason players shouldn't have the gear/items that the enemies drop? Not even sure why the vacuum is necessary, but it often feels underpowered in a sense that you could be fairly close to a floating item and it doesn't get vacuumed towards you. Also there's a chance to speed by items seemingly not picking them up which breaks flow (you speed by, if you don't hear the click, you have to turn around to see if it even picked up, sometimes watching the item catch up to you via the vacuum). This is a pretty big gripe I seem to be the only one to have so whatever though, I guess.

Bugs. I mean this is a given but.. The mission straight up wouldn't allow me to use the navigation, so I had to abort, gaining nothing.

/rant

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Pzykdruhgs said:

The intrinsics grind is way too long, had calculated it at one point at ~196 hours from 8888, abusing Ivara instead of being able to just play anything. Just why?! Why do I have to run like 400 of the same mission? Is there going to be some better way eventually to generate exp? This is way too much.. When you consider to max a set of weapons takes only a handful of runs - why is this grind so large? And I'd love to have solo'd it so I can do without the below things I'm going to mention, but that option was removed now. Could we maybe have the intrinsics focused on, you know, RJ things -> Blowing up ships, instead of killing the Grineer?

Focus Grinding : Allow us to introduce ourselves.

Focus is way worse than grinding intrinsics. Huge cost to upgrade lens, focus gained from lens are capped, you need to do over 350 Tridolons if you choose this route to max out focus and most of the nodes are useless.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Focus is way worse than grinding intrinsics. Huge cost to upgrade lens, focus gained from lens are capped, you need to do over 350 Tridolons if you choose this route to max out focus and most of the nodes are useless.

Focus wasn't that bad, not that I didn't like that grind either, but I was at full focus at about 150 caps because I could also ESO on the side, for a total input of only ~60 hours maybe? It's not even close to what's needed for the max intrinsics, AND it had actual rewards for the main part of the game in the form of arcanes.

On top of the grind being slow, we also got Skold crewships now that take an extra bit of grind to deal with.

Edit: Also, stay on topic? You're strawmanning me and it's aggravating. Wish I could DISLIKE your post.

Edited by Pzykdruhgs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pzykdruhgs said:

Focus wasn't that bad, not that I didn't like that grind either, but I was at full focus at about 150 caps because I could also ESO on the side, for a total input of only ~60 hours maybe? It's not even close to what's needed for the max intrinsics, AND it had actual rewards for the main part of the game in the form of arcanes.

On top of the grind being slow, we also got Skold crewships now that take an extra bit of grind to deal with.

Edit: Also, stay on topic? You're strawmanning me and it's aggravating. Wish I could DISLIKE your post.

Woah I think I stepped on a nerve here. Intrinsics aren't meant to be maxed in a day. Skold Crewships? Just shoot the shield arrays and poof it's gone and continue destroying it as normal. Intrinsics 9-10 perks are more like nice to haves than a must have.

On the topic of Trolls and AFKs, that's the consequences of going public. You don't know which type of people you are gonna get. Right now, going solo or with friends is the only way to get an enjoyable Railjack experience. Hoping once Command Intrinsics is out DE REMOVES Public Matchmaking.

Edited by DrivaMain

Ok, you stay here and keep trolling the DE forums. 👍

uSALDjx.jpg
Meanwhile I'll be spamming this to properly vet because according to you I should eventually get a squad, let's test that.

(Edit: Vetting actually worked surprisingly well, had a group with 2x runs, many people asking questions, and one person that said "Your recruit message is a joke" and ignore me.)

Edited by Pzykdruhgs

48 minutes ago, Pzykdruhgs said:

Ok, you stay here and keep trolling the DE forums. 👍

Excuse me? How am I trolling? I gave you my opinion on your rant in a non trolly/rude manner. Can you tell me which sentence that shows me I am "trolling".

49 minutes ago, Pzykdruhgs said:

uSALDjx.jpg
Meanwhile I'll be spamming this to properly vet because according to you I should eventually get a squad, let's test that.

You can do that method solo by the way. But suit yourself.

On 2020-03-07 at 7:10 PM, DrivaMain said:

How is the pain of grinding focus somehow makes Intrinsics better? If you're saying the Intrinsics farm is fine, that's one thing, but saying a bad grind is okay because of another grind isn't an argument.

• Like 4

When the content can be finished in 24 hours of grind, players complained of nothing to do and "content drought" while waiting for new content and updates.

DE makes a system that requires more than 24 hours of grind, players kick up a whole different set of reasons to complain.

Cannot win either way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-03-12 at 8:00 AM, Xepthrichros said:

When the content can be finished in 24 hours of grind, players complained of nothing to do and "content drought" while waiting for new content and updates.

DE makes a system that requires more than 24 hours of grind, players kick up a whole different set of reasons to complain.

Cannot win either way.

The issue is balance. Players want something in the middle. Instead, players keep getting extreme versions.

There is an old saying that Warframe players can optimize the fun out of everything. For most of this game, that's true, but sometimes as with railjack, there simply isn't any fun to be had.

Railjack is marking another first for me as a vet and that's to start ignoring content that has affinity in it. I used to want to max out everything, no matter what, but Railjack is actually so horrifically bad and unrewarding to me that I'd rather play something else. For now, that "something else" is still very much Warframe, but with this event being on par with Railjack, I'm kinda starting to get tired of this kind of attitude from DE.

I've said it before with regards to time and effort investment in the game and I'll say it again: DE, you NEED to start respecting our time again or we'll find someone else who does. Warframe was a fantastic game, but you're dragging it through the mud now.

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr