Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity First Impressions

GordusLux

So I'm a long time user of Rhino, pretty much all I use. He's just my style, and I consider myself to be good at the tanky side of things usually. Recently I acquired Trinity, and I gotta say I really like her. I mean with all the various power duration mods (continuity, constitution and the aura helm) and focus to increase energy vamp pulses...she is the ultimate team player. I gotta ask though, especially since I use streamline as well...why would you use Link that often as opposed to Blessing? I understand the knock down resistance, and being able to reflect damage back is a good bonus too. I have'nt tested to see how that damage reflection acts with high level enemies. I mean the energy pulses are at like 32 per blip with focus on, so you can manage well of life, energy vampire and blessing and stay self sufficient with energy. I'm gonna forma her once because I need to change the aura polarity for a few more mod points, I was thinking of Rifle Amp? So yeah that's how I've been using her, just basically keeping energy vamp and blessing up at all times, and using WoL if it's a particularly weak enemy and there are no heavies around. Obviously, your choice in weaponry is even more important here, right now I use the Ignis, Dual Broncos and Galatine. Working on bronco prime though. I typically use Ogris though as my main primary. What do you veteran Trinity peeps think? Really wanna make her my secondary frame,  and possibly replace Rhino if I can find a good enough weapon setup, especially with that Rifle Amp helping out.

Link saves you energy pool's &#! from Ancient Disruptors. Never underestimate this, cause Trinity without energy is a dead Trinity

this^

link is also faster to cast and having link up when your blessing runs out can save you against really tough enemies

Edited by CubedOobleck

Yeah I've never gotten the Rage mod before, almost 300 hours in...haha. So power duration is bad for energy vamp, but really good for Link and Blessing...the thing is, EV lasts 9 second whereas Link and Blessing are 10. Now with the 83% increase in duration that comes out to 130 energy in 16.5 seconds, but 18.3 seconds of Link and Blessing. Focus seems to almost make the difference for the increased duration of EV. I'll have to test it some more, but I may take continuity off to reduce the EV pulses and not hurt blessing and link too much. Possibly replace that with Sure Footed or Rage? 60% knockdown resistance chance is enough to consider not casting Link I would assume. 

you may not be able to bath in torids with a rage mod anymore, but you can still Ogris melee. Mmmm, that doubled damage

I really want them to change EV to either have a set pulse time, or just stop being affected by duration mods

Now with the 83% increase in duration that comes out to 130 energy in 16.5 seconds

But in a group, no duration increase means 130 energy in 9 seconds.

And the ratio of energy used ends up being the same, you use Blessing more often, but get energy faster.

I understand it's pointless to increase the duration, I was just saying I wanted to try to balance the length of Link and Blessing with the increased duration of EV. I'd be more content with settling with just the Aura helm and Constitution, that way Link and Blessing last 15 seconds and EV around only 3 or 4 seconds more, just trying to find out if the trade off is worth it. 

I recently got Rhino, and I'm feeling the same way. Rhino and Trinity have a lot in common.

Link is used just like you've seen: Knockdown prevention and Disruptor Drain Prevention. You can also stagger it in-between blessings so you don't instantly die when blessing ends.

As for weapons: The bigger, the better. All styles work. Close range, long range, melee. Keep in mind you'll be shooting more than nuker frames, so you either need a good melee weapon, or extra ammo.

I recently got Rhino, and I'm feeling the same way. Rhino and Trinity have a lot in common.

Link is used just like you've seen: Knockdown prevention and Disruptor Drain Prevention. You can also stagger it in-between blessings so you don't instantly die when blessing ends.

As for weapons: The bigger, the better. All styles work. Close range, long range, melee. Keep in mind you'll be shooting more than nuker frames, so you either need a good melee weapon, or extra ammo.

Yeah pretty much how I'm feeling. Just gotta get used to the ebb and flow of using EV, Link and Blessing at the right times. Practice makes perfect I guess. Hopefully I can get as used to Trinity as I am with Rhino in time.

Link is good for spotting enemies. On maps with scorchers this can be a life-saver. It is useful to keep this up (especially on solo runs) instead of blessing as it is cheaper and lasts longer. The knockdown prevention means you can usually pop blessing when you need it.

I tend to take Trinity on Assassination missions and survival (unless infested, then Ember). I find her unsuited to defence missions since your EV target inevitably gets nuked in the confusion, even with WoL. On all other mission types she seems neither particularly good nor bad.

Trinity is best when your team work with you, making use of EV and Blessing. If you are in a group of selfish rushers then you feel wasted

I like how she can set up her nest like hold an ancient with WoL then tag EV on it after that link all the way, if WoL gone repeat the process. I never tired of running around with horde of infested crowding me. Too bad my teammate love to shoot that tagged ancient so much some time it just dead in WoL state and made EV pulse waste.