Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva weapon valence fusion choice

Endorphinz

With the improvements to Valence transfer in the last major Kuva Lich update, I'm fairly happy, but there is one more improvement that can be made to the Valence system: simply letting you choose the elemental bonus between the two weapons during the transfer. This seems to simple and helpful, it's probably been suggested many times by now, but I hope to see this implemented in the future.

If you had a 30% toxin kuva ogris that you maxed out with forma and a catalyst, and were on the hunt for say, the frost ephemera, or were just looking for a cold-bonus weapon of another category, but you ran into a larva that pulled up a Kuva ogris 50% cold damage bonus. After you acquire that ogris, in order to buff up your current ogris, you would be forced to overwrite that toxin bonus with cold, even if you wanted to keep the original. The only way to move onto toxin damage would be to either: valence fusion in reverse into the cold bonus weapon, and sacrifice all the forma and catalysts you put into the toxin ogris and essentially starting over. Or: just discard the cold bonus ogris entirely and hope to find another ogris with a better toxin bonus down the line.

It would be a great convenience to choose the elemental bonus to retain when doing valence fusion between two Kuva weapons, in my opinion. Thanks for reading!

4 hours ago, Endorphinz said:

Or: just discard the cold bonus ogris entirely and hope to find another ogris with a better toxin bonus down the line.

Why discard?

Go get that Toxin Ogris, fuse both the Cold and new Toxin one into your old Ogris, bam, 60% Toxin, right there.

• Like 1