Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Theme Ideas spreadsheet

Fallowsthorn

I got overwhelmed trying to figure out what had already been suggested, so I started making a spreadsheet. Note that this tool is primarily for checking whether your idea is already promoted, not for specific suggestions. There's some fudging of similar concepts into the same category (eg several different kinds of werewolf concepts all went under "werewolf" on the sheet), and some splitting of concepts (eg "a quadruped werewolf frame" goes under both "quadruped" and "werewolf"). Currently I'm on page 10 and it's rather late at night, so I will resume work tomorrow (let's hope there's not another 150 pages by then). (It is at least getting faster as fewer original concepts come up.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sTHEs2ixxQXdkVDYI7MQykTX9dnQELUdWGpMnj4reaQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you see your concept, I encourage you to follow the link to the first version of it and upvote it so the devs will see! If any of the links/usernames are wrong, I turned on commenting so just let me know and I'll fix it. If something breaks I won't be able to fix it right away, so just be patient.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it and I figured more people would see it here than buried on the 151st page of the Submissions thread.

• Like 12

Tbh they should've started with something like that spreadsheet. Like, I realised there was a warframe concept thread two hours after it started, but my submission ended up being on the 40-something page. Imagine what a mess it will resemble till March 19.

Up to page 37. Stopped writing down duplicate names, now mostly just scrolling down going "plants... werewolf... shadows... quadruped... demon... werewolf... vampire... spider... angel... werewolf... Sentient... Void... werewolf... Grineer... lava... summoner... werewolf... shadow... beast... plants... angel/demon... quadruped... centaur... werewolf...."

Am also now very bored so if you want to help ask for access in the sheet and try to stop at the ends of pages. If not I will resume later. Will post a link in the thread as well just in case anyone actually checks.

seems most of the community are leaning towards an animal theme, be it based on a real animal or a mythical creature. not sure about a quadruped, as it's a lot of animation work, but maybe a frame that works similar to Equinox, but instead of shifting between night and day, it would shift between conventional CC/Defense type abilities, and a "feral" or "rage" mode where all it's abilities are focused on damage.

that's pretty vague by itself though. I'm mainly just waiting for the DC vote later down the line, so our options are a bit more narrowed down.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

seems most of the community are leaning towards an animal theme

Seems to me 'werewolf/shapeshifter' is the most popular with a huge lead now, with 'demon' and 'spider' being second and third. Those three are doomed to be among the options for voting in Design Council.

Oh and also chronomancer. Not big surprise, this one concept was around since Istarted playing.

34 minutes ago, Fallowsthorn said:

Up to page 37. Stopped writing down duplicate names, now mostly just scrolling down going "plants... werewolf... shadows... quadruped... demon... werewolf... vampire... spider... angel... werewolf... Sentient... Void... werewolf... Grineer... lava... summoner... werewolf... shadow... beast... plants... angel/demon... quadruped... centaur... werewolf...."

Am also now very bored so if you want to help ask for access in the sheet and try to stop at the ends of pages. If not I will resume later. Will post a link in the thread as well just in case anyone actually checks.

Most of those are based on fetishes. I ain't joking, and the smut book industry is unbelievably big with these topics... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zebiko said:

Most of those are based on fetishes. I ain't joking, and the smut book industry is unbelievably big with these topics... 

So? That doesn't make it an inherently bad idea. We already have Mr Tentacles and Ms "I stick my butt directly into the camera" Wisp. Besides, most of those fetishes are based on those concepts.

Personally I favor the non-humanoid ideas, because I'd love to be able to just walk around as a quadruped. Plus lore-wise it would be delightfully horrific.

5 minutes ago, Zebiko said:

based on fetishes

Just like half of what we have in the game right now. Literally, just briefly looking on the wiki page: Chroma - dragons, Ember - hot girls firespawn, Excalibur - ninjas (and the whole spaceninja concept by the way), Garuda - gore, Harrow - priests, Hydroid - freaking pirates, Inaros - mummies, Ivara - Robin Hood, Khora - cats (also BDSM), Limbo - magicians, Mesa - freaking cowboys, Mirage - harlequins, Necros - you know, edgyness, Nez... ugh, nevermind, Nova is a fetish by her design along with Saryn and Wisp, Revenant - used to be vampires, Titania - faries, Valkyr - edgy catgirls, Wukong - monkeys... I guess (considering his peculiar body textures).

After all, werewolfs and demons don't seem so bad, eh?

23 hours ago, Fallowsthorn said:

I got overwhelmed trying to figure out what had already been suggested, so I started making a spreadsheet. Note that this tool is primarily for checking whether your idea is already promoted, not for specific suggestions. There's some fudging of similar concepts into the same category (eg several different kinds of werewolf concepts all went under "werewolf" on the sheet), and some splitting of concepts (eg "a quadruped werewolf frame" goes under both "quadruped" and "werewolf"). Currently I'm on page 10 and it's rather late at night, so I will resume work tomorrow (let's hope there's not another 150 pages by then). (It is at least getting faster as fewer original concepts come up.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sTHEs2ixxQXdkVDYI7MQykTX9dnQELUdWGpMnj4reaQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you see your concept, I encourage you to follow the link to the first version of it and upvote it so the devs will see! If any of the links/usernames are wrong, I turned on commenting so just let me know and I'll fix it. If something breaks I won't be able to fix it right away, so just be patient.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure where to put it and I figured more people would see it here than buried on the 151st page of the Submissions thread.

Fantastic.  Keep it up.  This should probably be tagged in the OP.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

This should probably be tagged in the OP.

I pinged several people with first-page posts to ask if they'd edit it in, but either they haven't seen it or they're not inclined. General Discussion seems to get a fair amount of views, judging from the (fact that there are any) responses here.

2 hours ago, (XB1)styyxo said:

Delete this lol. I want them to read my post, not the posts with the most votes 😭

The idea is to make it systematic, so that a person an easily see if his/her idea has already been submitted and not generate endless werewolfs and chronomancers. DE will read everything one way or another and I doubt they will take this unofficial spreadsheet as a reference. However if it ends up being pinned, players can actually look through it before posting.

The sheer number of people who want a "war-themed" Warframe is ridiculous. Like, can you read? Are you aware of the game you're playing?

Shoutout to the like 4-5 people so far who want an Infested frame, but specifically not Nidus, they want [Nidus, with some other gimmick attached and/or female-bodied].

People with multiple posts/multiple submissions: you're disqualifying yourself, reread the rules.

If your suggestion is any of: a werewolf, a quadruped, a berserker, a time wizard, a gravity wizard, "Khora but with a Kubrow," a spider, an MMO-esque tank, lava, a shapeshifter, a druid, a plant wizard, a shadow wizard, a "Sentient" Warframe, a "Void" Warframe, a "Grineer" Warframe, or any combination of demon and/or angel: go home, you're done. Go away. Good luck. Your suggestion has been made. I hope it wins. For the love of god please don't make it again.

Edited by Fallowsthorn
  • Like 1

Okay, I'm on page 50 and 1400% done for today. Here's my question: should I keep writing down duplicate names? I was doing it mostly to get a sense of how many times given suggestions pop up, but otoh it goes so much faster when I just scroll past the 32nd werewolf shapeshifter druid shadow gravity time Void [insert your favorite here] Warframe suggestion (as a result, if your suggestion was a duplicate between pages 10 and 37, your name's not on the thing).

Also I turned on "anyone can edit" because it seems like it won't be a disaster, so if you want to help go for it and I'll love you forever.

3 hours ago, Fallowsthorn said:

If your suggestion is any of: a werewolf, a quadruped, a berserker, a time wizard, a gravity wizard, "Khora but with a Kubrow," a spider, an MMO-esque tank, lava, a shapeshifter, a druid, a plant wizard, a shadow wizard, a "Sentient" Warframe, a "Void" Warframe, a "Grineer" Warframe, or any combination of demon and/or angel: go home, you're done. Go away. Good luck. Your suggestion has been made.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?"

3 hours ago, Fallowsthorn said:

For the love of god please don't make it again.

You know they do, and they always will. I already came across (multiple) mentions of damn werewolfs even at the 140-ish pages.