Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Ash's Invisble Better Than Loki's?

StanicEnemy

Question

21 answers to this question

Shorter duration, less melee damage bonus, but momentarily stuns nearby enemies and covers your Sentinel. Ash's smokescreen provides a good getaway or an opportunity to get one or two unopposed hits on a big enemy. It can be used offensively, but I usually use it to reposition, or to get out of a large mob.

Loki's Invis allows him to hit harder, longer, but the payoff if he's very squishy without it. The longer duration means that I can reposition AND keep dealing damage, spending more of my time killing and only utilising the last few seconds running away or collecting more energy. An uncloaked Sentinel means that it'll keep shooting, very handy with Dethcube/Carrier to keep them stunned.

EDIT: Ash has decent armour, Hp and Shields so his survivability is okay, so I usually only use Smokescreen for the first kill, and then again when everyone's aiming at me to reposition to another target. Loki's Invis should be kept on at all times if possible in a hostile situation that you don't have full control of. It's rather a crutch than an advantage IMHO.

Edited by Shion963

Ash's smokescreen staggers nearby ennemies,loki's invisibility doesn't.

Loki's invisibility lasts longer then ash's smokescreen,make your pick.

Shorter duration, less melee damage bonus, but momentarily stuns nearby enemies and covers you Sentinel. Ash's smokescreen provides a good getaway or opportunity to get one or two hits on a big enemy. It can be used offensively, but I usually use it to reposition, or get out of a large mob.

Loki's Invis allows him to hit harder, longer, but the payoff if he's very squishy without it. The longer duration means that I can reposition AND keep dealing damage, spending more of my time killing and only utilising the last few seconds running away or collecting more energy. An uncloaked Sentinel means that it'll keep shooting, very handy with Dethcube/Carrier to keep them stunned.

Thank you both

Shorter duration, less melee damage bonus, but momentarily stuns nearby enemies and covers your Sentinel. Ash's smokescreen provides a good getaway or an opportunity to get one or two unopposed hits on a big enemy. It can be used offensively, but I usually use it to reposition, or to get out of a large mob.

EDIT: Ash has decent armour, Hp and Shields so his survivability is okay, so I usually only use Smokescreen for the first kill, and then again when everyone's aiming at me to reposition to another target. Loki's Invis should be kept on at all times if possible in a hostile situation that you don't have full control of. It's rather a crutch than an advantage IMHO.

Fixed: As far as I can tell, they both give a 50% boost for normal attacks and 100% boost to charged attacks, but everything else is very true.

Fixed: As far as I can tell, they both give a 50% boost for normal attacks and 100% boost to charged attacks, but everything else is very true.

Huh, coulda sworn that Invis does 100%/200% bonus and Smokescreen did 50%/100% last I checked. :/

Well wiki shows 50/100 bonus for both, and that's how it is now I guess. Thanks for correcting me!

If the Loki is invis (isn't being attacked), can't he also use Shade - invis around enemies and won't attack back since the Loki isn't being attacked?

That's all well and good until you come across a Grineer Bombard/Napam - they shoot at the Sentinel (because they are too far away to trigger Ghost) and takes Loki and Shade out because of splash.

Huh, coulda sworn that Invis does 100%/200% bonus and Smokescreen did 50%/100% last I checked. :/

Well wiki shows 50/100 bonus for both, and that's how it is now I guess. Thanks for correcting me!

The damage bonus is linked to melee weapons and not to the skills themselves. The skills merely allow you to do stealth bonus damage with all melee hits (the ones that do have stealth bonus damage).

That's all well and good until you come across a Grineer Bombard/Napam - they shoot at the Sentinel (because they are too far away to trigger Ghost) and takes Loki and Shade out because of splash.

Clone/Switch Teleport away? :3 even a normal roll behind cover blows up the following bombs into the other side of the wall or far enough away to not take damage.

If you're playing Loki and can't outrun a Napalmer's slow linear fire-bomb, you're doing something wrong seeing as it doesn't follow and you're one of the fastest frames with no speed boost.

Ash also has 150 energy while Loki has 225, so both can use it up to 4 times without needing to replace energy.

With Streamline and Loki's essence helmet, it brings the cost of invisibility down to 28 and also with a maxed out Flow, that's 450 energy for Loki, that gives you about 16 uses.

With Streamline and Loki's essence helmet, it brings the cost of invisibility down to 28 and also with a maxed out Flow, that's 450 energy for Loki, that gives you about 16 uses.

Exactly +1, the only benefit to Ash's invisibility is the stun and hiding the sentinal (both of which are good, but not great). Ash is a very good frame overall though due to him being the top Health frame (tied with Saryn) which gives a lot of survivability outside of invisibility, and his nice damage output.

-In terms of Power Cost : Duration ratio, they're both about the same (with Loki's being a negligible amount more efficient), but Loki can improve his efficiency using an Essence helm.

-Loki is still visible as a wispy energy-coloured cloud to teammates.

-Ash is completely invisible. While excellent for screwing around with friends and teammates, this can get nasty if you're somehow downed while invisible.

-Both have the same Melee damage bonuses. +50% on normal attacks, and +100% on charged attacks.

-Loki's invisibility does not stagger enemies.

-Ash's does, which can easily save your life if you're under heavy fire.

-Loki goes deaf. If Colour Correction is enabled, he effectively gets Jarate all over him as well.

-Ash's senses are unaffected entirely.

-Loki's Invisibility does not hide the Sentinel. This has been confirmed to be a bug, although they haven't gotten around to fixing it yet (and we're starting to wonder if they ever will).

-Ash's Invisibility cloaks the Sentinel.

-Loki's Invis lasts for much longer, leaving you more time to clear out a room safely.

-Ash's Invis lasts for a shorter time but costs less energy, leaving you with much more effective power efficiency if you can clear a room quickly.

-Loki has other skills that you may want to base this decision on.

-So does Ash.

Edited by SortaRandom

-In terms of Power Cost : Duration ratio, they're both about the same (with Loki's being a negligible amount more efficient), but Loki can improve his efficiency using an Essence helm.

-Loki is still visible as a wispy energy-coloured cloud to teammates.

-Ash is completely invisible. While excellent for screwing around with friends and teammates, this can get nasty if you're somehow downed while invisible.

-Both have the same Melee damage bonuses. +50% on normal attacks, and +100% on charged attacks.

-Loki's invisibility does not stagger enemies.

-Ash's does, which can easily save your life if you're under heavy fire.

-Loki goes deaf. If Colour Correction is enabled, he effectively gets Jarate all over him as well.

-Ash's senses are unaffected entirely.

-Loki's Invisibility does not hide the Sentinel. This has been confirmed to be a bug, although they haven't gotten around to fixing it yet (and we're starting to wonder if they ever will).

-Ash's Invisibility cloaks the Sentinel.

-Loki's Invis lasts for much longer, leaving you more time to clear out a room safely.

-Ash's Invis lasts for a shorter time but costs less energy, leaving you with much more effective power efficiency if you can clear a room quickly.

-Loki has other skills that you may want to base this decision on.

-So does Ash.

This.