Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear tokens for arcanes? Eidolons RNG for arcanes?

So with Scarlet Spear expected to have  tokens/rep for arcanes...would it, or would it not make Eidolons obsolete for farming arcanes? Lets assume Scarlet will be a recurring event similar to closing the fissures on Orbe Villas? DE would need to move all arcanes to the Quills for purchase as well? Thoughts.. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

Considering that the chance to drop a good arcane from Tridolons is low (hence the cost) I am assuming they will have different prices for different rarity arcanes. 

I also fully expect the Tridolons to no longer drop arcanes and do something else. 

Good riddance I think, it did get annoying after doing it hundreds of times. 

• Like 8

A lot depends, really.

1. Is Scarlet Spear going to be an ongoing activity or a two week Event which either won't return or will return (in two years)? If Scarlet Spear is going to be either a one off or as rarely recurring as Plague Star, then DE will need to leave Arcanes attached to eidolons as the main way of getting them. In effect, a one off Scarlet Spear Event would be a jubilee for equalising the Arcanes situation after the update, and then things would return to 'normal'.

2. DE are in a bit of bind there. The changes they're making to Arcanes are ones which I generally support, tbh, but now, if getting Arcanes is easier through Scarlet Spear then some players will yell about their prior investment being devalued, but if getting Arcanes through Scarlet Spear is equally as challenging (read: grindy) as through eidolons then players (the same players, some of them!) will yell about the grind.

Best thing for DE to do...is stick to what they want to do, change Arcanes, but allow players to gain them faster and easier through the Event. Probably.

• Like 2

Noone knows atm we will see soon.  It kinda seemed like this was just a limited time event to me but it could be anything.  Could be like ghouls and here every other day could be plague star and be here once a year.  The prices could be horrific too.  We could have no rng but the event could take 30 mins for say 5 tokens then 1 arcane energize is 100 tokens so 12 hrs of work per top teir (hydrolyst lvl) arcane.  Or they could be 1 token and everyone maxes all their arcanes in a weekend... it will Likely will be somewhere inbetween

For now Im just back to farming tridolons till we find out.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 1

Is dependent if the event gets reruns and at what rate too...

When it comes to the event vs tridolon, tridolons will prob still be faster,but with RNG,for SS,while is slow and porb more grind,you can get what you want.100%. since is from a store/vendor.

Is up to the player to choose here tbh. Is either one or the other,or both.

• Like 1

From what I've understood, Scarlet Spear will be the "fish team"/ground support/Squad Link for Railjack missions, so I expect it won't be a two-week event, but a permanent gamemode like Railjack is now. Of course, what will be available and how much itll cost is still a complete mystery, though I expect it'll be a similar design to anomaly shards.

Source: Devstream 138 (Overview)

Spoiler

17b39e7ddf041b4c529e9dafdfbe13bc.jpg

Edited by Vaeldious
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

A lot depends, really.

1. Is Scarlet Spear going to be an ongoing activity or a two week Event which either won't return or will return (in two years)? If Scarlet Spear is going to be either a one off or as rarely recurring as Plague Star, then DE will need to leave Arcanes attached to eidolons as the main way of getting them. In effect, a one off Scarlet Spear Event would be a jubilee for equalising the Arcanes situation after the update, and then things would return to 'normal'.

2. DE are in a bit of bind there. The changes they're making to Arcanes are ones which I generally support, tbh, but now, if getting Arcanes is easier through Scarlet Spear then some players will yell about their prior investment being devalued, but if getting Arcanes through Scarlet Spear is equally as challenging (read: grindy) as through eidolons then players (the same players, some of them!) will yell about the grind.

Best thing for DE to do...is stick to what they want to do, change Arcanes, but allow players to gain them faster and easier through the Event. Probably.

From what I saw on the dev stream it looks like it will last 1260 days

47 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

From what I've understood, Scarlet Spear will be the "fish team"/ground support/Squad Link for Railjack missions, so I expect it won't be a two-week event, but a permanent gamemode like Railjack is now. Of course, what will be available and how much itll cost is still a complete mystery, though I expect it'll be a similar design to anomaly shards.

Source: Devstream 138 (Overview)

Hide contents

17b39e7ddf041b4c529e9dafdfbe13bc.jpg

It supposedly will be around for 1260 day as it was briefly shown on devstream 139

Judging from how Plague Star vendor deal with rewards, I say we're in for a grind. Just look at how long does it take to get a Forma from Plague Star. My guess is that's how long it's going to take to get ONE common arcane. Double that for the silver arcane, triple for the gold ones. This is DE, they tend to make it harder on us before adjustments are made.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Judging from how Plague Star vendor deal with rewards, I say we're in for a grind. Just look at how long does it take to get a Forma from Plague Star. My guess is that's how long it's going to take to get ONE common arcane. Double that for the silver arcane, triple for the gold ones. This is DE, they tend to make it harder on us before adjustments are made.

You mean, really easy, to the point that the joke is that Plague Star doesn't come around too often because it's a big pinata which drops a built every Forma every ten or fifteen minutes?

• Like 2

i thought it was a launch point for the upcoming war? like a command center u use to initiate battles/nodes? like thru all future invasions etc. or atleast it didnt seem to me to be an event or something recurring but a permanent fixture like above posts says. regardless my friends n i are dyin for something new thats not a frame or fashion lol...i dont care what it is as long as its fun

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

People said the same thing when Arcanes were moved from Trials to Eidolons.  The sky didn't fall then and it won't now.

1 hour ago, warmastercain said:

It supposedly will be around for 1260 day as it was briefly shown on devstream 139

#devbuild

Edited by Aggh
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

This communities aversion towards eidolons is super annoying, though. You're all a buncha casuals lol. 

You must be fun at parties. At least we aren't console casuals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You mean, really easy, to the point that the joke is that Plague Star doesn't come around too often because it's a big pinata which drops a built every Forma every ten or fifteen minutes?

Yes just as fast as getting those built forma from Plague Star. You get ONE common Rank0 Arcane. Now you need to do it 21 more times to get a fully upgraded Rank 5 Arcane. Add more time investment for higher quality Arcane.

Just now, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Yes just as fast as getting those built forma from Plague Star. You get ONE common Rank0 Arcane. Now you need to do it 21 more times to get a fully upgraded Rank 5 Arcane. Add more time investment for higher quality Arcane.

Yeah. Which you only ever need to do once per Arcane that you want. People come out of Plague Star having topped up by fifty or sixty built Forma. If Scarlet Spear works the same way, it will be faster and more reliable than Eidolon hunting.

• Like 2

Operations are usually fairly temporary events, aren't they?

That being said, in my personal wave of pessimism over baffling changes, I expect the rate to be kind of bad so that they can keep using arcanes as a reward for future events. An arcane rebalance made sense to do, but the "AND NOW YOU NEED TWICE AS MANY!" change is so utterly unnecessary to that, and it's coming right before a new event with an arcane reward shop... Kinda feels like they did it just to use them as event rewards without having to come up with a bunch of new things people would want to grind for.

Edited by OvisCaedo

I think a really good spot for arcanes would be to make them rewards for squad link assistance for ground troops. They seem to want to make squad link a broader and more permanent thing and having arcanes would keep people coming back.

2 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

They could be in both places. We'll have to wait and see. It doesnt matter to me either way.

This communities aversion towards eidolons is super annoying, though. You're all a buncha casuals lol. 

Implying this game needs skill lol. Even my old ass grandma can copy any reddit volt/chroma/Trinity build and solo ttidolons. Next.

• Like 3