Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmic Creator Warframe: Phanes

(PSN)One_Angry_Goose

Harness The Power of Creation with Phanes, the cosmic creator

can be found on pg.53 of the warframe concept contest forum, be sure to leave a like there if you like this!

support/mild dps

Lore-bit

“The universe is only so big, my little void-born. Even with all there is to explore, all there is to harvest, we're bound to run out of
space eventually. When the last life dies... when the last light fades... when the void breathes its final breath...

Nothing is inevitable, Tenno. Nothing, at it's truest.

But what if I told you we could change that? Laws are made to be broken, my little void-born; and what is any law, without a criminal
lurking about? 

I was born long after I was created. Just as you were created long after you were born, tenno. Within us, lies the missing pieces of one
another. A match, made through creation in order to fulfill itself. I may be your puppet, tenno; but none of us hold the strings. My birth, my
awareness, couldn't have been an accident. Just as your creation must have had intent. 

Join me as one, tenno. Let us create eternity.”

Explanation

Phanes was a frame created in an attempt to further harness the creating-power of the void. Bearing the power to spontaneously create
resources (not loot), Phanes was invaluable asset during the Old War. A few centuries after the Old War, Phanes mysteriously developed a
consciousness without the ability to act on his own. Similar to Umbra, just without the autonomy. Due to th is, Phanes is left to think and
observe without being able to do anything about it. He watched the world around him decay, bringing with it the ambition to restore the universe
and prevent its decay. When the tenno awoke, Phanes sensed a blip in the void. Seeing this as an opportunity to begin this endeavor, Phanes
reached out to the tenno (through telepathy or something similar), and convinces them to get him.

***Summary of his gameplay theme Im going for: he accumulates lingering buffs for the whole squad, with the ability to transform those buffs into damage. The whole nebula thing is central to his kit. 

His whole deal is basically just “cosmic creator” high tier support frame

General ability concepts

These are just meant to provide a foundation for his kit. Somewhere to start from

P.) *Nebula- kills with flare have a chance to leave a small 10s AOE nebula that temporarily boost sprint/speed/status chance or something for 4-5s

1.) Flare- phanes causes his stellar forge to send out a small wave of radiation and blast damage. Scaling maybe? (think of catchmoon)

2.) Causes all active nebulae to blossom into stellar nurseries that deal AOE damage over time, while losing their ability to buff sprint
speed.

3 or 4.) Stellar Forge- creates a miniature star that slowly follows Phanes. Gradually creates a planetary system, giving Phanes and his
allies a buff for each planet. (3-4 total) Reactivate to make the star go supernova, creating a substantially larger nebula* that lasts for 15-
20s. Buffs remain for a short duration after the star goes nova.

4 or 3.) Rebirth- Phanes rises up and implodes upon himself, creating a neutron star that enhances all buffs (including some granted by other frames). During the duration, the player is a separate entity of pure energy that is only capable of using an enhanced version of flare.

*** keep in mind that, if chosen, these abilities will be changed and determined by the community. If you see problems with any of these, they can easily change!

Appearance

I'm not great at drawing figures, so ima just throw out some descriptors:

- very smooth, sleek, utopian-looking
   - hollow head, no face. Has a galactic effect within his head. Either that or his entire torso
   - very gentle in movement. As if he were a god being careful not to damage their creation
   - Philosopher esc
   - Maybe a third energy color on him just for the sake of it?
   - Doesn't seem to obey the laws of physics in his idle animations

Please leave comments on your thoughts, and ideas. Remember to like this in the warframe contest forum if you like the base “creator” concept! Thank you for your time! 😃

Edited by (PS4)One_Angry_Goose