Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I would help newer RJ player or ppl who dont have a ship much more if i would have control over my ship and squad

(PSN)Midcall

I have all avionics, max intrinsics and a pretty good Railjack. I ve nothing left to do in RJ, so i tried to help ppl getting stuff they need. Doesnt matter if void hole farm or sentient ship. Why do i have no control over my own ship? When someone else is driving the ship who want to mess up, he can and i cant do anything. Why cant i lock some positions like "Flying Railjack" or "Forward Artillery" and why cant i kick ppl i dont want in my squad ? ppl joined and after 1-2 minutes they started trash talking like: "omg learn to fly u bad , i ll be afk from now. go do work. " usually limbos are be like that, in that case it was a nesha. I mean i can understand why there is no kick system, to prevent abuse .... if i see a limbo in a survival i would immediately start to vote kick him. but at leaset let me "leave squad" when i dont want to play with those ppl any more.  

• Like 2

Yeah that is the same reason that I said, "reducing the cost for a RJ only will inflate the numbers of disappointed owners that have no control over their own ship."

It feels somewhat insulting if some random bloke decides that the whole crew will be send back to dry dock without the owner/captain having any say.

9 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Want to help new player? Don't play with randoms. Recruit new players in chat, tell them what to do and then run the mission.

No matter what random matches are going to be messy. Just because they're random.

Sure thats the easy way for DE.

But that doesn t help for locations like Veil proxima were some random C-Word decides that the intrinsic farm group has to end.

Только что, CR0ME сказал:

But that doesn t help for locations like Veil proxima were some random C-Word decides that the intrinsic farm group has to end.

That's not just how DE wants to run the things. It's just people's nature. Some people will always find a way to ruin fun for others, on purpose or not. Making any obstacles for that won't help for long, but will make life of normal players harder forever.

People are generally awful if they say that stuff.  /ignore (playername) and move on

And the whole this is my ship it can only be used my way is also dumb and people acting like a kid that wants to take their ball and go home doesn't help anything go solo don't go on public missions if you feel that way.

If I join someone else I stay in archwing the whole time and never touch anyone's precious ship,  If I take mine I don't care what happens I'll do whatever the missions are easy and it doesn't matter much what anyone does if you have at least 1 person working on the mission you win, you supposedly always have yourself so there isn't an issue imo.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 1

because adding a sort of BF2 aerial commander type of thing is too much work, also doing such a thing would just result in a massive trollfest, many might not do so but a lot certainly would with that level of control and power.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

People are generally awful if they say that stuff.  /ignore (playername) and move on

And the whole this is my ship it can only be used my way is also dumb and people acting like a kid that wants to take their ball and go home doesn't help anything go solo don't go on public missions if you feel that way.

If I join someone else I stay in archwing the whole time and never touch anyone's precious ship,  If I take mine I don't care what happens I'll do whatever the missions are easy and it doesn't matter much what anyone does if you have at least 1 person working on the mission you win, you supposedly always have yourself so there isn't an issue imo.

There's two things to consider here :

1) intent : players would normally want to win (complete) a mission with maximum rewards, so they would assist in whatever way they can. Problems happen when the intents differ, my intent may be to use my railjack and complete the mission and repeat without returning to the dry dock. 

It may be the intention of someone else to go back to the drydock to check the latest wreckage after every mission. 

I being the owner of the railjack should ideally have final say in that matter. And I make it clear at the beginning of any mission. 

I being a client can just quit after the mission is it isn't what I want. 

But it cannot really be controlled, and you need to trust the players, and even though I wouldn't call players untrustworthy let's say I always solo sortie spy cause of my next point. 

2) competence: it's OK if you are new and don't know much, but if you are in the cannon seat or pilot seat make sure you don't use up the resources you can't replenish (or at least don't miss 8/10 times) or leave it in front of multiple hostile forces. 

It's great when competence and intent align, but can be cause for grief otherwise.

The thing with the regular game mode was that the intent was always the same, competence is not that much of a problem outside specific missions as most can be carried. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CR0ME said:

You let a random in an intrinsics farm. Lmao a pre-made group for specific tasks are always there to get rid of this stuff

• Like 1