Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get more Status Effects to be like Heat?

Dracus_Dakkrius

I think Heat's Status Effect is in a really good spot. It has a:

• Crowd Control Effect (Panic), which is useful for weapons with high Fire Rate that can potentially quickly output a large amount of Status procs.
  • Damage Effect (Burn), which is useful for weapons with high Status Chance but not necessarily high Fire Rate, because the effect scales with the damage of the weapon.
  • Debuff Effect (Armor Strip), which is useful for every weapon in the player's loadout, because the player can swap any other weapon and still exploit the effect.

If every Status Effect can follow this model (Crowd Control, Damage, Debuff), then I think every Status Effect will be in a good place.

The only problem is that we have too many Damage Types. There will invariably be some overlap if we try to do this.

For instance, I can't think of any way to handle the Status Effects for Impact, Puncture, and Slash except to merge them all into one Status Effect.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

@Steel_Rookit was during the last rework of ember, unless I'm mistaken. To quote the wiki:

Heat Damage's status effect is Ignite, which sets the enemy ablaze making them panic, reducing their current armor by up to 50%, and deals a tick of damage every second. . .

The wiki goes on to explain the math, as well. Link: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Heat_Damage

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dracus_Dakkrius said:

For instance, I can't think of any way to handle the Status Effects for Impact, Puncture, and Slash except to merge them all into one Status Effect.

No, yeah, good. Make Physical a single status effect (Call it Wounded?), and the CC(Impact) Damage(Slash) and Debuff(Piercing) percentages on the weapon decide which effect is the most powerful part.

24 minutes ago, songsofanightingale said:

@Steel_Rookit was during the last rework of ember, unless I'm mistaken. To quote the wiki:

The wiki goes on to explain the math, as well. Link: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Heat_Damage

I see, got it. So ramping armour strip from 0% to 50% over 2 seconds, which then ramps back down from 50% to 0% over 2 seconds. It's kind of odd that DE didn't make that stacking like Corrosive, though. You seem to get that from a single proc, where Corrosive needs I think 10 of them.

I see, got it. So ramping armour strip from 0% to 50% over 2 seconds, which then ramps back down from 50% to 0% over 2 seconds. It's kind of odd that DE didn't make that stacking like Corrosive, though. You seem to get that from a single proc, where Corrosive needs I think 10 of them.

Corrosive immediately strips armor, and strips 80% at 10 stacks(mathematically, it beats heat in amount when above 5 stacks. 26%+4*6%=50%) Also, at the time that heat was reworked, corrosive was a permanent effect. Now, it still lasts longer (8 seconds instead of heat's 6 seconds), but it does seem to pale in comparison to heat, especially with the recent nerf of enemy armor. That being said, I haven't compared the two very meticulously since the latest rework.

Corrosive's details here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Corrosive_Damage

44 minutes ago, songsofanightingale said:

Corrosive immediately strips armor, and strips 80% at 10 stacks(mathematically, it beats heat in amount when above 5 stacks. 26%+4*6%=50%) Also, at the time that heat was reworked, corrosive was a permanent effect. Now, it still lasts longer (8 seconds instead of heat's 6 seconds), but it does seem to pale in comparison to heat, especially with the recent nerf of enemy armor. That being said, I haven't compared the two very meticulously since the latest rework.

Corrosive's details here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Corrosive_Damage

Well the fact that corrosive deals extra damage to the most common armor type still makes it the to go elemental combo.
And adding heat to it has become a welcome addition ever since.