Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void damage deal half damage to robotics health class.

(NSW)Megaseth6

Il y a 1 heure, (NSW)Conn1496 a dit :

It's on the wiki. So likely intentional if people have tested it before.

It does 50% less to Grineer Flesh, Corpus Shields and Fossilised Infested.

Actually, it does just normal damage to Corpus Shields.

I hope this issue will be fixed because Vomvalysts used to be easier to kill.

53 minutes ago, (NSW)Megaseth6 said:

Actually, it does just normal damage to Corpus Shields.

I hope this issue will be fixed because Vomvalysts used to be easier to kill.

Oh, I actually got the info wrong (Even though it was right there on the Wiki... Good job, me...), my bad! I don't know where I got "shields" from, it is actually robotics that take less damage. Either way, it is documented.

I'm not actually sure anything changed recently either, especially not on Switch. Unless you also have a PC account and you're talking about the newest update, then it's possible that Vomvalysts received a buff when the general scaling changed.

37 minutes ago, (NSW)Conn1496 said:

Oh, I actually got the info wrong (Even though it was right there on the Wiki... Good job, me...), my bad! I don't know where I got "shields" from, it is actually robotics that take less damage. Either way, it is documented.

I'm not actually sure anything changed recently either, especially not on Switch. Unless you also have a PC account and you're talking about the newest update, then it's possible that Vomvalysts received a buff when the general scaling changed.

In any Case, Void damage is quite trash and honestly needs to be updated to be neutral against everything with a major damage boost against Sentients in particular. Since it does not exactly fall in the same category as what other damage types exist as, it should basically get no real resistance from shields & armor, if D.E. continues to have amps have no mods, Which we all know how fun weapons are without any mods in any content with level 20 or above enemies.

Even with amps being modulator weapons, can have gilding and you kind of can boost the damage via extremely niche gimmick effects or arcanes, they still honestly feel useless in anything that is not low level enemies or eidolons. With the only reason to use them with kuva siphons & sentinents, is for disabling B.S. invulnerablity & resistance gags, just like how profit taker is also. Which i honestly feel like profit taker needs to be DISASSOCIATED with void damage and just have the shield forcibly rotate if you shoot it enough times and your not hitting any damage its vulnerable to.

...Course also on that case i would like profit taker to instead be vulnerable to TWO damage types at a time that will both rotate when enough damage is dealt whether thru one of them or both of them. To make it a more tolerable fight and less of a hassle to build around it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Avienas said:

In any Case, Void damage is quite trash and honestly needs to be updated to be neutral against everything with a major damage boost against Sentients in particular. Since it does not exactly fall in the same category as what other damage types exist as, it should basically get no real resistance from shields & armor, if D.E. continues to have amps have no mods, Which we all know how fun weapons are without any mods in any content with level 20 or above enemies.

I feel like the real problem is that Void damage clearly is meant to have very niche uses - stripping resistances from sentients, taking down Eidolon shields, etc. etc. - so to counteract that they don't really make sources of it comparably useful in any other way unless you use very specific set-ups*. Personally I think Amp damage output (talking about amps because they're basically the only source of Void damage) is okay given it's niche status, and I enjoy using (most of) them, but they definitely do run into problems at notably higher level content - things like 3rd sortie, max level Lich, or Kuva Flood - where they're clearly being shoved into their niche roles as Void damage outputs almost exclusively. That said, that basically makes it an Amp problem right now and not a Void damage one, since Void damage hasn't really been applied anywhere else to my knowledge. If Amps in general were better, then Void damage by proxy would receive a buff.

Though I will say, damage output and resistances aside, I do think the proc on Void damage is an absolute disaster, and it desperately needs a rework. Just because it's a niche element doesn't mean it should be left behind with the proc rework, IMO.

(For reference, I use Unairu for the Wisp and Sundering Dash to increase damage output in Operator mode. I also occasionally mix in Mutalist Quanta bubbles, though by that point we're not even really talking about the properties of Void damage. Still, it makes the damage output of those Amps better than some actual weapons I've had the misfortune of grinding for MR.)

2 hours ago, (NSW)Conn1496 said:

I feel like the real problem is that Void damage clearly is meant to have very niche uses - stripping resistances from sentients, taking down Eidolon shields, etc. etc. - so to counteract that they don't really make sources of it comparably useful in any other way unless you use very specific set-ups*.

Which is honestly why i would wish they work under a different mechanic with a unique status proc that could put a bunch of debuffs on regular enemies and shields operated differently on things like eidolons such as making the shields brittle to where you can use regular guns to damage them. Since lore`wise void has pretty much been set up as something that makes most regular people go crazy or in some kind of delluded state if we treat corrupted vor as part of the actual lore. While sentients a bio-mechanical being of sorts, gets heavily scarred by them and likely most should receive crippling effects that lead to permanent effects or likely fatal ones if you follow the lore itself.

This would also be a good excuse to have amps stop working under damage values and work more as a vessel that could prioritize certain debuffs and have unique ways to employ it, while ultimately being something that CRIPPLES sentients, not be a gate check to yeet out the b.s. that sentients employ.

Personally I think Amp damage output (talking about amps because they're basically the only source of Void damage) is okay given it's niche status, and I enjoy using (most of) them, but they definitely do run into problems at notably higher level content - things like 3rd sortie, max level Lich, or Kuva Flood - where they're clearly being shoved into their niche roles as Void damage outputs almost exclusively. That said, that basically makes it an Amp problem right now and not a Void damage one, since Void damage hasn't really been applied anywhere else to my knowledge. If Amps in general were better, then Void damage by proxy would receive a buff.

Continuing on, by having void damage not be an actual damage but a gimmick that could be used towards cripling powerful foes (while preferably making it into something that can WORK on bosses), it could help to boost the usefulness of operators as a EN-abler for a powerful setup, instead of being a useless sub-system as far as gameplay puts it right now. Where most of its existing effects are easy to achieve thru other means such as opening finishers, stripping armor, recovering energy, buffing damage but having no way to up duration to make it last long enough for effective use.

Though I will say, damage output and resistances aside, I do think the proc on Void damage is an absolute disaster, and it desperately needs a rework. Just because it's a niche element doesn't mean it should be left behind with the proc rework, IMO.

Since D.E. is finally embracing stacking effects, this is why i want void damage to be the next step to it where instead of how the normal stacking words by applying a debuff and stacking more effective version of it. It would first have some kind of tier 1 debuff and after enough stacks are build up, another debuff is applied and would end up with 4 or so debuffs that greatly inhibit the boss, whether by slowing its actions, causing it to take more damage and not be blockable by normal means, OR LETS GET REALLY CREATIVE, such as having it where it could result in regular status effects that apply to it would be amplified by the void debuff or even make warframe abilities gain enhanced effectiveness against those with void sickness debuff.

(For reference, I use Unairu for the Wisp and Sundering Dash to increase damage output in Operator mode. I also occasionally mix in Mutalist Quanta bubbles, though by that point we're not even really talking about the properties of Void damage. Still, it makes the damage output of those Amps better than some actual weapons I've had the misfortune of grinding for MR.)

Two useful abilities, but when your spending too much time in a hoarde shooter with setups, then you pretty much can be considered wasting time if someone else is already nuking thru whatever you setup before you can make use of it. This is kind of why i am now leaning to Mag once the update comes to consoles, due to her new found durability between the base armor increase & shield gating will allow her ability to unload one handed armor/shield fixed value strips, Magnetize bubble with possibly her augment for easy disarming memes and even her pull ability might find some use since it can yank energy orbs out of enemies apparently.

This is kind of why i want the operator focus tree to work more as passives, install add-on effects that could also translate into applying to the warframe, since the operator is technically IN the warframe now once you complete the war within and especially make operator abilities flow a whole lot more quicker, since the delay for going in and out of transference to operator mode and back tends to make a rather annoying delay at times.

So yeah, thats my pitch now, Get rid of void damage and make Void `damage` into Void Debuffs, while also drastically boosting the duration they have with maybe even throw in leveling operator abilities could amplify this void debuff gimmick and properly give amps some improved effects like more range and ammo economy alot more effectively then what we currently have right now, amongst some other things operators need.

6 hours ago, (NSW)Conn1496 said:

I don't know where I got "shields" from, it is actually robotics that take less damage.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from, since the wiki page you posted and the damage page both list robotics as neutral, and the former only mentions Void being weak against Machinery (typically a Grineer health type for robotics). So it seems like there's something amiss somewhere...

18 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

I'm not sure where you're getting this from, since the wiki page you posted and the damage page both list robotics as neutral, and the former only mentions Void being weak against Machinery (typically a Grineer health type for robotics). So it seems like there's something amiss somewhere...

I just looked again and it's definitely been changed since I last looked (even looked at the edit history of the page). So either it was wrong at the time, or is wrong as of now.

Either way, not very helpful...