Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Dear Fellow Tenno, May I Ask A Question?

Alyian

Hi may I say thanks for reading :) and now on to the question. What makes you keep coming back to this game? I have put a significant share of money into this game however I get kinda bored doing the same basic missions again and again mindbogglingly blowing chunks into anything that moves with 3 other space ninjas. While fun I do crave something a bit different, for instance for me I would love if there was a way you could actuality sneak around to finish a mission but even that after a short while would get boring. I ask you guys this because I am dearly hoping that one of you in the community I have come to love can give me a reason to plug on. If one of you can I will be dropping the extra 150 for the Grand Master package. Guys in the short time I have known you I have to say this is the best community I have ever found most of the time. Once again thanks for reading :) I love you all I hope you can help with this Tenno's terminal Illness.

Thank you for being humble in your post.

As for your question: To be honest nothing really does keep me coming back unless DE releases a new fun weapon or a new event. What will keep me coming back (and I hope they do this REALLY soon) is game narrative. I want some story worth progressing towards. Right now the entire world the game is part of is very... "static." So I really don't keep coming back. In fact after 500+ hours I rarely play.

Warframe is a pure grinder game. You might start playing it becuse you think it's a fun and different experience ( or whatever ), but the true reason you play the game is for the grind. It's the reason i put 500+ hours into borderlands 2, 'til i got mostly every unique weapon and quit. 

If spending most of your time trying to acomplis something, like getting a certain void key or mats for a new weapon you want to build. That's realy why I've keeped playing this game. And find a group of players to play/socialize with, aka clan. Keeps the game fun longer and it's a lot more fun then to play with pubs all day.

So it sounds like for most it is their clan...But how much does a Clan actually help the tedium? I  would not know as I do not have one. I was thinking of taking a break but if I do I may forget to come back which would be a shame plus I have only a few days left to pick up the Grand Master package...Once again thanks for you answers. Also Aspari I hope you get the narrative you are looking for :).

Balance issues

UI issues

Connectivity issues

Lackluster in-game market

Artificial difficulty

Power creep

Lack of lore

No end-game

No need for team play

No challenge

Broken RNG

Grind fatigue

Lack of variety

... (...)

Probably the hopes of these things getting addressed.

While I'm also quite new here, so I take it we're more or less at the same stage within the game. :)

However, what I find engaging at this point, is actually hunting and trying the different weapons, warframes, and whatnot.

I keep logging back in because I had an idea with a mod that I might need to find or need to have at a higher rank, or that there's a certain warframe I'm raring to get my hands on.

At some points, bar the occasional new content, that is going to "die down", of course.

By that point, I'm suspecting that one of the things that'll keep me coming back will be:

- Fine-tuning my "builds"

- Enjoyment with clan-mates

- Improving our Dojo. (Working towards a common goal can be quite addictive)

Beyond that, I'm hoping - and betting - on new mechanics that might possibly tie into new mods or items, increasing the variety of builds, reduce "1 mod of a given type to use for all", and, well, a plethora of "what-if's" I'm hoping the Devs might be considering.

For now, as mentioned, it's merely experiencing the game and what it has to offer in terms of items. After that, it's using those items to have fun with friends, and together work towards a common goal. :)

Balance issues

UI issues

Connectivity issues

Lackluster in-game market

Artificial difficulty

Power creep

Lack of lore

No end-game

No need for team play

No challenge

Broken RNG

Grind fatigue

Lack of variety

... (...)

Probably the hopes of these things getting addressed.

...I see lol My complaints can have a similar list...I just did not want to be that blunt lol. I also kind of want a 4v everything to feel just like that lol

The mechanics, how it empowers the player as an elite 'special ops' kind of soldier that gets inspired from ninjas and gets interesting powers.

The variety of weapons, both expected and exotic, which have their pros and cons.

Collecting mods, powering them up, trying them in different sets in weapons and frames.

Completing a random alert from time to time for a few bonus credits and ressources, which feels like mercenary contracts.

How you can come across decent (aka agreeable) players from time to time admiss the sea of d**chebags.

How the game is more about team effort in a shooter than a competitive one.

Starting a crafting job while you do something else then later collect and try your new toy of mass destruction.

And once you have a clan, creating the clan weapons and the dojo itself.

Edited by Wiegraf

After 450+ hours, I am ready to take an extended break until the next weekend event. 

I enjoy play warframe when I have a goal. Right now it is the Mutagen samples. I slacked when the samples were easy to obtain but now it is harder (which I am happy with...). The game is fun but after I have forma'ed most of the weapons and 'Frames I use on a constant basics, the game is not challenging anymore. I mainly play Rhino, Frost, Vauban, and Nekros. I have some hope for Nightmare mode but right now the "effects" are just annoying and take away some of the fun. Just my 2 cents. 

The mechanics, how it empowers the player as an elite 'special ops' kind of soldier that gets inspired from ninjas and gets interesting powers.

The variety of weapons, both expected and exotic, which have their pros and cons.

Collecting mods, powering them up, trying them in different sets in weapons and frames.

Completing a random alert from time to time for a few bonus credits and ressources, which feels like mercenary contracts.

How you can come across decent (aka agreeable) players from time to time admiss the sea of d**chebags.

How the game is more about team effort in a shooter than a competitive one.

Starting a crafting job while you do something else then later collect and try your new toy of mass destruction.

All this. And it's a fun game to pick up and play together with my brother. But we just run missions for the heck of it nowadays since now we have achieved most of what we wanted to do, maxed the weapons we like.

I'd love to build up my Dojo beyond just tech labs, but it'll have to wait until they updated the Elevator tile.

So unless I find a clan there is not much to keep me here...I also believe that this game has Huge potential...perhaps I will drop the money just so that I can have it when the game reaches climax...in the meantime I shall be looking for a clan I suppose thank you all...This Tenno now has some life support.

I read the title,

"My dear fellow Tenno, may I ask a question?"

and I'm like,

"You just did."

You caught me sir...Truly you magnificent specimen of a Tenno are the pinnacle achievement of everything this universe has ever created. Without you there would be no life or death because what would the point of it all be. My hat is off to you good sir, you glorious beautiful specimen you.

You caught me sir...Truly you magnificent specimen of a Tenno are the pinnacle achievement of everything this universe has ever created. Without you there would be no life or death because what would the point of it all be. My hat is off to you good sir, you glorious beautiful specimen you.

Thanks for the flattery, I have my moments.

Did anyone ever tell you you've a silver tongue?

Thanks for the flattery, I have my moments.

Did anyone ever tell you you've a silver tongue?

No sir they have not, however receiving such praise from one such as yourself truly makes all past criticism vanish as I soar to new heights knowing you approve of my tongue and my abilities to use it.