Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will tennocon be just super special stream this year?

4 minutes ago, realmzjetter said:

I really just dont understand why they waste money on such a thing. 

People still pay for tickets, so they are recouping a part of the money wasted, if not all of it, not to mention all the advertising they get. If the investment weren't worth it, they wouldn't be doing it.

• Like 7

When it was last mentioned on the devstream de said they were going to see what happened with other conventions then decide. They want to host the live event if possible but don't want to get either the Devs or the fans sick. It may end up being a super fancy online stream. 

Edited by Drasiel
Phone be putting periods where they don't belong
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, realmzjetter said:

Indeed...I mean what reason should we celebrate wedding anniversary or holidays or any grand achieve of humanity? They just consume resources and money, make a mess of trash, and get like minded people together to celebrate? 😏

The main reason to do any Con is to show appreciation for the fans and the growth of whatever they Are Conning. The fact that they HAVE money to do something says much. It says that players like it and enjoy being a part of said project. 

Besides, I would prefer a Con than to hear how a CEO made X million in payout each year.

• Like 7

No amount of PR, fanfare or convention is worth risking infection, especially with no vaccine existing for COVID-19 yet. People fly to Canada for the Tennocon weekend from all over the world. Can it be guaranteed that this will go down withouth a hitch? It's just my opinion but in this particular case, I think DE should play it safe and cancel (don't get me wrong, I loved watching tennocon for as long as I've known about it [never been, though, due to budget constraints]).

DE can still do livestreams to showcase their vision for Warframe's future, they can still sell digital tickets for digital goodies.

A bummer? Yeah, but still better than people showing up, (unknowingly) infecting potentially dozens, only for those people to fly home and propagate this thing further.

Edited by Aldrr
  • Like 4

As someone who went the the last Tennocon, I must say that if you haven't been there, you can't really say that it's a waste of money. They made some money off of it, donated all of the profit (tickets/merch minus overhead) to charity, and got the fans excited for the next year of Warframe.

Personally, I may or may not go this year. It largely depends on how bad Corona virus gets. No matter what, I will at least buy the digital ticket and watch the streams.

• Like 3

Too soon to tell, but I wouldn't mind. If it were a special stream, maybe they wouldn't punish themselves like past years to get the Demo running live in front of people. 

Also, last year a few guys were pretty annoying, constantly waving at the camera or trying to be funny by shouting stuff like Keanu's "You're breathtaking", so...

55 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Because it's not a waste. It's marketing and advertising at it's finest.

I'm still convinced its only purpose is to delay content.

And then it'll still be broken.

Edited by o0Despair0o

Flights are being canceled all around the world, and Italy already put in lockdown the entire country due to the Coronavirus. It would not surprise me if DE sees themselves forced to cancel Tennocon this year, thats why the tickets are not yet on sale.

If Tennocon is to be canceled, they would really need to come up with something REALLY SPECIAL to not just profit from it, but to make up to everyone that was looking forward to this year Tennocon.

• Like 1

I think rebecca said if the whole COVID-19 thingy doesn't get better they'll just make a very special stream.

On the other thing, it's a S#&$ ton of publicity to make an event like that, i mean i even started playing during the last tennocon because i saw some cool stuff and was looking for a good game... also reb with her Dio cosplay sold me haha

1 hour ago, realmzjetter said:

Not a waste. It's hosted at their HQ, so it's not like they are renting out a venue. If you've ever been, you'll notice that the merchandise booth sells out within minutes.

Also, y'know it's generally just really good from a PR perspective for them to be out and about interacting with their fans in person (as opposed to behind a booth at Pax just signing stuff.) Been going every year since it started, it's a lot more personal at Tennocon than most conventions I've been to. Last year [DE]Bear was hosting this get-together at the local pub, he had several glasses of uhhhhh adult fruit juice. Very funny guy to talk to lol

41 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Yeah... events like these are a LOT of work to put together. You wouldn’t throw a whole convention in order to Avoid work.

45 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

They can simply tell us they're delaying something. People and companies dont throw massive events that require years of planning just to avoid saying "We need time."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

With Coronavirus causing events to shut down left and right will tennocon just be special stream from the DE office if the event is canceled? 

If it means protecting the staff, then they absolutely should take this approach and make the decision now and revolutionize the streaming format.

We are beyond efforts to contain the virus.  It’s about managing it as it spreads.  Not if.  When.

I say make the call now, DE.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If it means protecting the staff, then they absolutely should take this approach and make the decision now and revolutionize the streaming format.

We are beyond efforts to contain the virus.  It’s about managing it as it spreads.  Not if.  When.

I say make the call now, DE.

With events shutting down due to the risk of the virus this could open the way to digital/virtual events that various companies could explore as an alternative 

• Like 1