Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission loadout suggestion for (new) players.

Idea for on the mission choosing screen have a popup/button to press that "suggests" a loadout to use for a particular mission. For example, a spy mission, there would be a popup that players can see or choose to see that suggests a warframe (Stealth frames - Loki, Octavia, Ash, Ivara more than likely), Primary weapon (Silent weapons - Bows, Baza, etc.), Secondary Weapon (again silent weapons), and Melee (Maybe daggers still or a finishing weapon, any would work). This could also be copied/pasted in current loadout with a standard modding build for new players or maybe be able to edit also on the spot. This would help alleviate the "what should I choose or bring that's good for this particular mission" for newer players. Also this could just be community driven like the most used Frame, Primary, Secondary, Melee, loadout items, etc., on each mission. Would be fun info to see and also not get people playing (hopefully) non-useful frames on harder missions like Eidolons or Profit-taker.

I don't like it. It's bad enough other players are being mean for point out the fact that I'm using the wrong warframe for the mission. Now there's a confirmation from DE to not use anything else but those suggestted frames. I prefer to leave it to the player to decide. Even if it's a long grindy trial and error. But how else would a tenno learn?

• Like 1

The thing about this game that free me in, was it gave the freedom to choose how I want to do something. To see different ways of doing a mission, watch the frames that others pick.

I luvs it when I used to attempt to do Spy missions and then a Rhino would load in, cast their Iron Skin and then run shooting down the hall I was sneaking and doing finishers on factions. 😐

What should be implemented is when you are doing your mods, using the AUTO INSTALL, it should give you an option to pick what type of mission you are doing and the mods install from there. This way, if players want to see what is suggested, they can either hit it or not. I use it sometimes on my RANDOM builds to see what will come up.

The game is still young (my youngest son is 9 and this is only 7) and there is much that DE might like to do or has ideas....it's just player cryback and other things we do not know about that keep them from doing everything they can. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

The game is still young (my youngest son is 9 and this is only 7) and there is much that DE might like to do or has ideas....it's just player cryback and other things we do not know about that keep them from doing everything they can.

No, for software 7 years is old.

You don't suggest loadouts because :

_new players have a potatoless mag and that's it.

_old players don't need help

If it was a game like overwatch, where all the characters are available from the start, you could suggest stuff. But as it is, you're suggesting to a noob that, in order to do that earth spy, he should grind frames that are unlocked 10 planets later, or pay plat for a loki...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)IcemanBaird said:

Idea for on the mission choosing screen have a popup/button to press that "suggests" a loadout to use for a particular mission. For example, a spy mission, there would be a popup that players can see or choose to see that suggests a warframe (Stealth frames - Loki, Octavia, Ash, Ivara more than likely), Primary weapon (Silent weapons - Bows, Baza, etc.), Secondary Weapon (again silent weapons), and Melee (Maybe daggers still or a finishing weapon, any would work). This could also be copied/pasted in current loadout with a standard modding build for new players or maybe be able to edit also on the spot. This would help alleviate the "what should I choose or bring that's good for this particular mission" for newer players. Also this could just be community driven like the most used Frame, Primary, Secondary, Melee, loadout items, etc., on each mission. Would be fun info to see and also not get people playing (hopefully) non-useful frames on harder missions like Eidolons or Profit-taker.

So please tell me this:
Where is a new player supposed to get Loki, Ash or Ivara when they are just staring off on the game and they select a spy mission on Earth?

They are doing their first spy mission and they only have an Excalibur, Mag or Volt.  That's it.
How are they expected to nip off to Neptune to get Loki and then come back to do the spy mission?
And what about all of the "stealth" weaponry that they wont be able to get for a while due ot resources and bps and credit costs holding it off for multiple planets?

It would just seem a bit scummy to a new player to select a spy node and the game goes "Here, you should be using this Frame and these weapons.  Don't have them?  Then head over to the shop in your orbiter and buy them!"
Or if they select a defense mission and it goes "You should get Frost to do this...you don't have access to Ceres yet?  Well you can just buy  frost...."

This isn't a game like Overwatch where you just have access to everyone and can freely switch between them as you want early on in the game.

By the time the player can start to make use of the suggestions they already know how to do the missions and don't need the suggestions since they can do it anyways and know the best frames for the job.

In the end this idea wouldn't serve any purpose.
New players wouldn't be able to make use of any of the advice given, older players have absolutely no need for the advice given.

6 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I luvs it when I used to attempt to do Spy missions and then a Rhino would load in, cast their Iron Skin and then run shooting down the hall I was sneaking and doing finishers on factions. 😐

To be fair though as long as the Rhino isn't doing it in a Vault who really gives a damn?
I mean its entirely possible to complete any variation of any spy vault with any frame if you know how to do the vault.
Its not like triggering an alarm outside of the vault causes any issues, and as long as the player can do a vault it really doesn't matter at all what frame they choose to use.

On 2020-03-09 at 8:05 AM, Tsukinoki said:

So please tell me this:
Where is a new player supposed to get Loki, Ash or Ivara when they are just staring off on the game and they select a spy mission on Earth?

They are doing their first spy mission and they only have an Excalibur, Mag or Volt.  That's it.
How are they expected to nip off to Neptune to get Loki and then come back to do the spy mission?
And what about all of the "stealth" weaponry that they wont be able to get for a while due ot resources and bps and credit costs holding it off for multiple planets?

It would just seem a bit scummy to a new player to select a spy node and the game goes "Here, you should be using this Frame and these weapons.  Don't have them?  Then head over to the shop in your orbiter and buy them!"
Or if they select a defense mission and it goes "You should get Frost to do this...you don't have access to Ceres yet?  Well you can just buy  frost...."

This isn't a game like Overwatch where you just have access to everyone and can freely switch between them as you want early on in the game.

By the time the player can start to make use of the suggestions they already know how to do the missions and don't need the suggestions since they can do it anyways and know the best frames for the job.

In the end this idea wouldn't serve any purpose.
New players wouldn't be able to make use of any of the advice given, older players have absolutely no need for the advice given.

Well to be fair this isn't the end all be all solution to what to choose. Obviously any frame can do any mission that's always been obvious and the goal of DE from the start I assume. The point is new players, in my opinion, need goals to reach or a path to follow since its easier to play a game with a linear-ish path. Suggesting a loadout is something they could look at and say "wow I should look for a way to get these items probably." So DE/community suggests Loki, player thinks "okay how do I get Loki," then can google/get help from the codex, etc., then have a path to follow to get Loki to make their lives a little easier.

I don't remember saying here buy this frame or weapon(s) for this mission but the loadout will make this mission easier if choosing "X" frame. Not everyone plays like you or me or anyone else but for someone that wants help or more knowledge right there at their fingertips instead of googling it or needing to watch youtube, I think is important. 

But in all thanks for your feedback, obviously my initial post was a just a small suggestion that can be expanded but I just wanted to share the thought.