Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2FA required on consoles(Switch) for trades?

(NSW)Dekusuta

I was away for some months and noticed trade chat now requires 2FA, and the FAQ (for PC) notes enabling 2FA grants players a e Fae Path Ephemera cosmetic.  https://www.warframe.com/2fa-faq

However, since I linked my warframe account via my Nintendo account, there are no options for 2FA and I do not have the cosmetic item.  Does this mean I have to do find a way to enable 2FA to be able to trade on Switch?

Edited by (NSW)Dekusuta

There is no 2FA available for consoles and the ephemera is sold by Baro for 1000 credits + 15 ducats. For the part about trade chat needing 2FA.. where did you hear that? Trading on PC requires 2FA, but again consoles don't have that option and thus (afaik) don't require it to be active.

• Like 3

Just now, Leyvonne said:

There is no 2FA available for consoles and the ephemera is sold by Baro for 1000 credits + 15 ducats. For the part about trade chat needing 2FA.. where did you hear that? Trading on PC requires 2FA, but again consoles don't have that option and thus (afaik) don't require it to be active.

Thanks for clarifying. The 2FA bit is showing up in the trade chat welcome message (on Switch). I assume it's just copy paste or shared message from the PC trade chat channel. It threw me for a loop

It says and i quote

You must have a mastery Rank of 2 or higher and Two-factor Authentication enabled in order to trade

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Dekusuta said:

Thanks for clarifying. The 2FA bit is showing up in the trade chat welcome message (on Switch). I assume it's just copy paste or shared message from the PC trade chat channel.

Could be. I guess you could try to trade with someone to see if it works. I've played on the PS4 every now and then and can't remember needing 2FA to trade there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Could be. I guess you could try to trade with someone to see if it works. I've played on the PS4 every now and then and can't remember needing 2FA to trade there.

Yeah, wil try. I dont recall message being there last November which is when I stopped playing for a bit. I just returned recently with all the stuff around 7th anniversary 

10 hours ago, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

It's just a copy and paste thing. I get the same message - I'm on Xbox and there's no 2FA restrictions on trading. Seems to be a carry over from the PC implementation. Happy selling/buying Tenno! 🙂

This.

I asked help desk about 2FA on Switch and was told it's not been implemented.