Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe now is the best time to take weapons flat damage mods out of the game?

Kadesfy

In this last rework, with the new armor scaling, enemies got a huge nerf in their EHP, and doesnt matter the level, they are pretty easy to kill. With this, removing the weapons base damage mods from the game (Serration, Point Blank, etc) can be a "solution", and this will have some of the following effects:

1. Enemies will recover some of its lost time to kill.
  2. Warframes abilities will gain more space on combat ,even the CC ones.
  3. We get a free mod slot on weapon builds.

Of course it will not be just that... But thats why the discussion section exists.

Any thoughs?

EDIT: Just to be clear... The idea is to remove just the flat damage ones, not the multishot mods, because having both is overkill at the present moment (IMO)

Or... maybe make base damage mods and multishot mods exclusive,(cannot equip both...), even add a condition for effect.

Edited by Kadesfy
  • Like 16

you could, though the effect it will have on Modding is zero. but maybe it's desirable, i guess.

i'd rather increase diversity by introducing more conditional Mods, since that has a larger ROI in every aspect. 

• Like 9

That is the whole reason of modding something is to fit your style of playing it....unless you are a META follower and you just cut/paste.

Each person in this game has a choice on how they want to play. Most want the highest damage while some want to play around and use all that is available to them. There are minmaxers and there are rogue that go off the road traveled to death. I have a cracked Serration I will use on some weapons when I want to play around and not kill things in a couple of hits. I also have frames that have no Reactors and weapons that I take in with no mods.

Choice is always better than no choice. Keep the damage mods around and let the players decide (🙄) for themselves. Not everything has to be META

• Like 9

I'd like to see that just for the "REEEEEEE"-ing that would occur.

Realistically I feel that there wouldn't be a good way to do this without causing more issues that it would be worth, only thing I could see them do is standardize the percentages a bit.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Realistically I feel that there wouldn't be a good way to do this without causing more issues that it would be worth, only thing I could see them do is standardize the percentages a bit.

That was my first thought but then I realized if we take out the mod, we get a extra slot...

Just now, Kadesfy said:

That was my first thought but then I realized if we take out the mod, we get a extra slot...

I mean somebody would likely just slot in an elemental damage mod or something like that where that one went, it wouldn't quite change anything for the most part.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

it wouldn't quite change anything for the most part.

Well, the elemental mods apply its effect after the base damage ones... So take them out reduce the damage scaling a fair bit...

Edited by Kadesfy

Why, to make enemies annoying again? Nah, I'm good.

On a different thought, how would Amalgam Serration's removal work? Cause I use it mainly because it gives me both damage and movement speed. But if the Serration part is removed from the mod, who in their right minds would use a movement speed mod on a weapon? I know I wouldn't.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

How would Amalgam Serration's removal work? Cause I use it mainly because it gives me both damage and movement speed. But if the Serration part is removed from the mod, who in their right minds would use a movement speed mod on a weapon? I know I wouldn't.

Maybe swich it for a amalgam Split Chamber?

Edited by Kadesfy

13 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Why, to make enemies annoying again? Nah, I'm good.

And they will be harder to kill by weapons, abilities damage remains the same.

Edited by Kadesfy

34 minutes ago, Aldain said:

On one hand it would be hilarious, on the other hand it would go hand in hand with a player exodus sooooo.....

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

That is the whole reason of modding something is to fit your style of playing it....unless you are a META follower and you just cut/paste.

Each person in this game has a choice on how they want to play. Most want the highest damage while some want to play around and use all that is available to them. There are minmaxers and there are rogue that go off the road traveled to death. I have a cracked Serration I will use on some weapons when I want to play around and not kill things in a couple of hits. I also have frames that have no Reactors and weapons that I take in with no mods.

Choice is always better than no choice. Keep the damage mods around and let the players decide (🙄) for themselves. Not everything has to be META

This. And how about nerf herders just uninstall the whole game rather than begging DE to break everyone else's toys because they have no self control.

Edited by (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA
  • Like 8

Just now, Kadesfy said:

And they will be harder to kill by weapon, abilities damage remais the same

I'm not in the camp that's actually looking for "challenge" in Warframe, I prefer being an unstoppable god, so you need an insanely good argument to make me change my view on difficulty in games, and sadly, this one ain't it.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I'm not in the camp that's actually looking for "challenge" in Warframe, I prefer being an unstoppable god, so you need an insanely good argument to make me change my view on difficulty in games, and sadly, this one ain't it.

Welp, I tried...

1 hour ago, Kadesfy said:

Any thoughs?

It won't solve anything unless you tear down the entire modding system with it. Auger Pact or Amalgam Serration become the new Serration. Tear those out, we switch to Split Chamber and Vigilante Armaments

The only solution (along your line of logic, in which players are not allowed to grind for an objectively best weapon loadouts) is to move EVERYTHING to the Conclave mod system.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Remember literally last year when I proposed removing damage in favor of weap dmg going up per level. And I got the power creep excuse. 

Now it's player choice excuse? 

Removing and adding weapon dmg like a. Built in serration opens up builds a bit more. If you want more damage other damage mods would still be there but the main functional ones that are in every build would be built into the weapon. I think it'd be a fine time to ease into it with the status changes. But personally it's just me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadesfy said:

In this last rework, with the new armor and health scaling, enemies got a huge nerf in their EHP, and doesnt matter the level, they are pretty easy to kill.

There you go, not just Armor that got scaled down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

It won't solve anything unless you tear down the entire modding system with it. Auger Pact or Amalgam Serration become the new Serration. Tear those out, we switch to Split Chamber and Vigilante Armaments

I don't see a reason to take out multishot mods, or even nerf then, base damage mods have a huge effect on the final damage of the weapons, just taking them down will have some results (amalgam serration can even be substituted by a amalgam split chamber for example...) Serration just dont seems nedded anymore...

But yes remove base damage but keep mods like amalgam and other dmg mods. Just include serration etc in the weapon. You still have that open slot and if you would like to keep adding damage it'd be fine via other mods. But manually adding damage to your weapon isn't an option. Upon leveling it to 30 you get what would be the equivalent of the former damage mod(or higher if they see fit)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GPrime96 said:

There you go, not just Armor that got scaled down.

Yep, I know, but it is the most drastic change on tougher enemies, (grineer...). it didnot change that much for corpus, but with less damage on the weapons, even the corpus will have longer time to kill...

Removing it will do nothing as long as there is more than 8 damage mods in the game for players to slot into their weapons. What I'd rather do is change how serration works to give it a condition under which it does the damage it does now. For me the name serration always conjured up the idea of spinning projectiles tipped with sawtooth like crowns chipping away at enemy armor shot after shot, until they're through.

What I can see serration being turned into functionally, is a mod that rewards players for shooting at the same body part repeatedly, to reduce the enemy's defenses for that specific section. You could even buff serration or give it a prime version without it being super game breaking, as players would still have to spend time aiming to to get its effects.

• Like 2