Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How bad are the queue times going to be for Scarlet Spear ground missions?

QipQip

So it's no secret Railjack hasn't been as successful and DE had hoped. When Scarlet Spear releases the entire population of Warframe is going to want those rewards. Consider the solo players, Railjack haters,people with less time and all the other various reasons people give for not liking it. Now we're going to have a far greater number of people looking for ground missions than Railjack teams to support. Add in the much longer mission times between ground and Railjack and you have a recipe for huge queue times.Other than DE releasing the command tree I'm not sure what else would solve the problem.

• Like 5

Steve's dream Ultra-Vanity Uber Prime project was:

1. Space ninjas doing space ninja and space pirate things

2. Ship boarding/commandeering/defending

1 Still isn't finished, and no one asked for tweenage murder hobos, space chairs that still don't work right, redundant ships, animals companions, and ooOOOO OHHHHH THAT THING FROM THIS OTHER GAME OMG PUT THAT IN JESUS CHRIST HURRY OOOOO DO THAT DO THAT THAT THAT and hahah lay maymay content in warfarms ha ha so fny yall

I mean ffs The Infested still aren't a full faction and there's seven years worth of feature creep and mechanic greeble in the way, including another partial freaking faction... sigh

2 is a mess, and not hey guys it's U9 and things are kinda weird mess, but hey we're the co-inventors on unreal freaking tournament and have 280 employees and what the f is this mess.

I'm not sure "problem" circumscribes it. This like a spaghetti ball of many many confluences and directives and there does not seem to be a clear path anywhere in sight.

I mean this 20 point five year glorious leader thing is the first time in YEARS there is any kind of light in the tunnel. Years.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, QipQip said:

So it's no secret Railjack hasn't been as successful and DE had hoped. When Scarlet Spear releases the entire population of Warframe is going to want those rewards. Consider the solo players, Railjack haters,people with less time and all the other various reasons people give for not liking it. Now we're going to have a far greater number of people looking for ground missions than Railjack teams to support. Add in the much longer mission times between ground and Railjack and you have a recipe for huge queue times.Other than DE releasing the command tree I'm not sure what else would solve the problem.

1st of all we have only 1 type of game mode in railjack with some variation but in most cases its just extermination
if we had more fighters spawn at once and in faster rate + less crew ships to destroy like 2 maybe 3 max per mission rj would be ok

but MMMMAAAAYYYYBBBBEEEE de will add some new game modes to rj (most likely not) and things can change for better in scarlet spear who knows?

20 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

1 Still isn't finished, and no one asked for tweenage murder hobos, space chairs that still don't work right, redundant ships, animals companions, and ooOOOO OHHHHH THAT THING FROM THIS OTHER GAME OMG PUT THAT IN JESUS CHRIST HURRY OOOOO DO THAT DO THAT THAT THAT and hahah lay maymay content in warfarms ha ha so fny yall

I mean ffs The Infested still aren't a full faction and there's seven years worth of feature creep and mechanic greeble in the way, including another partial freaking faction... sigh

2 is a mess, and not hey guys it's U9 and things are kinda weird mess, but hey we're the co-inventors on unreal freaking tournament and have 280 employees and what the f is this mess.

I'm not sure "problem" circumscribes it. This like a spaghetti ball of many many confluences and directives and there does not seem to be a clear path anywhere in sight.

I mean this 20 point five year glorious leader thing is the first time in YEARS there is any kind of light in the tunnel. Years.

Pretty much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Kittens- said:

Indeed. Its been seven freaking years, and yet DE is still acting like they are trying to figure out how to make a game. They have obviously never had a cohesive plan for anything, and were just throwing crazy ideas into a pile and hoping they worked. This has caused so many problems over time, and is the main reason this game is so unfinished and unpolished overall. Throwing spaghetti at a wall and seeing what sticks does not make a good meal.

I think the most ridiculous example of things being unfinished is the fact that the Corrupted are still using placeholder weapons. I mean seriously, they were added in what? update 8 or something? Yet in all this time no one at DE has had the time to give them anything more fitting? All they really need to do is swap their weapon models to an already existing prime weapon of some sort, and it would be fine. I'll bet one member of the art team could do that in like 20 minutes. So why has no one ever bothered? The Corrupted have even gotten other updates since then, so its not like they have been completely ignored. Though, the voice update was never finished either, since the female Corrupted never got their promised new voice.

Basically, the best games of all time are pretty much always made with a clear plan from beginning to end. Just winging it like this tends to give you Anthem more often than Doom. And right now, Railjack is smelling a bit too much like Anthem. But, of course, DE will do their usual and try to force everyone to play their precious yet unpopular baby with special events like the Scarlet Spear. Then they will forget about it, never finish it, and move on to their next big shiny project. Duviri or whatever comes next.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

Indeed. Its been seven freaking years, and yet DE is still acting like they are trying to figure out how to make a game. They have obviously never had a cohesive plan for anything, and were just throwing crazy ideas into a pile and hoping they worked. This has caused so many problems over time, and is the main reason this game is so unfinished and unpolished overall. Throwing spaghetti at a wall and seeing what sticks does not make a good meal.

I think the most ridiculous example of things being unfinished is the fact that the Corrupted are still using placeholder weapons. I mean seriously, they were added in what? update 8 or something? Yet in all this time no one at DE has had the time to give them anything more fitting? All they really need to do is swap their weapon models to an already existing prime weapon of some sort, and it would be fine. I'll bet one member of the art team could do that in like 20 minutes. So why has no one ever bothered? The Corrupted have even gotten other updates since then, so its not like they have been completely ignored. Though, the voice update was never finished either, since the female Corrupted never got their promised new voice.

Basically, the best games of all time are pretty much always made with a clear plan from beginning to end. Just winging it like this tends to give you Anthem more often than Doom. And right now, Railjack is smelling a bit too much like Anthem. But, of course, DE will do their usual and try to force everyone to play their precious yet unpopular baby with special events like the Scarlet Spear. Then they will forget about it, never finish it, and move on to their next big shiny project. Duviri or whatever comes next.

u7.

Il y a 12 heures, QipQip a dit :

Do you have actual data on this, or are you just speaking from your gut-feeling / echo-chamber ?

You assume people will not want to play RJ, but you know that while you are happily sh#tting on the game, those that enjoy it are not making complaint threads, they are simply playing the game.

Also, you assume ground and air missions will have different lenghts in the event... Did they say anything about this ? Or are you just talking out of your rear ?

• Like 5

Given that there are actual rewards that many people will want I dont think the queues for ground teams will be longer than what the time to find an open crew was during RJ's release, which is to say pretty instant. Finding a crew spot for RJ didnt become a chore until people moved onto specific Veil nodes due to progression and since there will be new progression with the operation and far more interesting rewards than those that came with RJ, I expect people to captain plenty.

• Like 1

Yeah we will see how it goes. 

Sadly we dont have the command intrinsict active yet for tenno unable to find party in railjack.

Am i the only one who thinks that mutagene samples should be droppable in railjack missions in fairly large amount to reduce the grind for hema and stuff and at the same time change the pace of mutagene sample farming ?

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

A ground team wasn't required to complete the "space team" mission (in the Tennocon demo anyway), it allegedly just made things easier.

...so maybe a space team isn't required to complete the ground team mission either, problem solved!

I can dream can't I? 🙂

• Like 3

I definitely hope I won't have to actually play railjack at all, but... I don't really know what to even expect from this event. DE hasn't really said anything about how it or squad link are actually going to function. So the most we have are ancient devstream previews of what squad link could entail, and I think railjack as a whole is a perfect example of how completely unreliable that is for knowing what the release product will be like.

We could even end up with something as dull as the Thermia Fractures control system; enough people doing space missions gives buffs to the ground teams in some way and vice versa.

Edited by OvisCaedo

I just want to know how the coms are going t be handled. Like are both squads going to be in the same chat or will they just be running blind. Rendering it essentially the same as any other single squad mission. 

I don't get why people dislike railjack. I know there are some common complaints, but it is a fun game mode.  I guess I am skewed since I always pilot and spent some time to buff my ship.  I can now complete any node solo, without the command tree (which will be a disappointment the way players are hyping it).

If those same people would hit crew ships and objectives, everyone could be happy.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, QipQip said:

Now we're going to have a far greater number of people looking for ground missions than Railjack teams to support. Add in the much longer mission times between ground and Railjack and you have a recipe for huge queue times.Other than DE releasing the command tree I'm not sure what else would solve the problem.

glad it's not just me that sees this as a very high probability, if not a certainty.

it's definitely going to be interesting, that's for sure.. personally I would say my Railjack is ready for whatever the Sentients will throw at us, and if I have to captain rather than join other crews then so be it. I would definitely have preferred Command Intrinsic to be out beforehand, but it doesn't look like that's happening sooo... good luck with public crews as always, I guess.

• Like 1