Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack permissions

RazorHowl

Problem: Someone can join a public session, blow all the ammo/flux/dome charges spamming into the ether, refine all materials away, then jump in the cockpit and park the ship on top of a Shipkiller platform and refuse to move. 

A bit on the nose, but something that actually happened, and shouldn't. Even if someone isn't intentionally griefing, there are a lot of aspects of Railjack that can cause to hair pulling headaches.

Solution: Allow the pilot/host/owner of the ship to have "permission" settings for their ship. Who is allowed to pilot the ship, allowed to use avionics, allowed to refine, allowed to use the forward gun, allowed to use the map.

Since the map isn't a vote, it means the first person to get to it is effectively keeping the rest of the crew hostage with their decision. At the very least, this should be a "Host only" option, with the addition of "leave squad" like Fortuna or Plains to allow crew members to leave if they want.

How difficult this is to implement I can't dare to guess, but something needs to be done to make Railjack less toxic and chaotic. Too many aspects of it can be misused by randoms to the detriment of everyone else. Ideally a simple settings window with toggles for "friends, clan, etc" for roles, and an additional ability in mission to temporarily assign roles to randoms via the tac menu. This would allow dedicated settings for general use plus also an on the fly method for allowing permissions as the mission goes on. 

This has been my Ted-Talk on Railjack frustration, thank you for listening. 

I really don't think letting the host lock other players out of stuff like flying the ship or using the gun is a good idea.

The 'problem' that it solves isn't worth the ones it's going to cause. It certainly isn't going to make things less toxic.

I like this but the drawback would be if the host left mission his railjack will still be in the mission and the rest of the squad can`t do anything.You pull a couple thousand titanium from a mission and host leaves you get nothing.

When intrinsics were announced I assumed that you would need to pick which one you were going to be equipping for the mission just like focus trees.Or maybe there would be an armory on the ship that you could change your chosen kit depending on the team.

The current system is sort of bizarre and doesn't actually promote teamwork at all. Plus giving "commands" to other players forces me to go through a clunky ui only to realize that there isn't a "craft more energy" order to give out anyway. Some people don't notice chat messages asking for energy in the middle of boarding parties/fighters swarming the ship.

13 hours ago, zakaryx said:

When intrinsics were announced I assumed that you would need to pick which one you were going to be equipping for the mission just like focus trees.Or maybe there would be an armory on the ship that you could change your chosen kit depending on the team.

The current system is sort of bizarre and doesn't actually promote teamwork at all. Plus giving "commands" to other players forces me to go through a clunky ui only to realize that there isn't a "craft more energy" order to give out anyway. Some people don't notice chat messages asking for energy in the middle of boarding parties/fighters swarming the ship.

16 hours ago, Vharu said:

-Give host ability to kick others from the squad
-Limit navigation mission selection to host
-Have a popup on hosts screen to confirm Resource refinement during mission
-Have permission options for Battle/Tactical avionic use
-Allow Host to 'bump' players off Pilot Seat. 

My ship, should be in my control. 

This, exactly. I know it smacks of being vaguely power mad, but let's be honest. Railjack isn't like general content. The host isn't just another person in the squad. They put time, effort, and mountains of resources into their ship so others can ride free and utilize it with almost zero requirement to them. The host is footing the bill for the ship to able to do the content.  Bottom line? If the host didn't put so much into their ship, no one would be able to complete the mission period. You can't take a basic no mods Railjack into even Saturn and expect to make it through without pulling your hair out. 

A simple solution to "if the host leaves everyone is locked out": 
            Just make the new host's settings apply to the "borrowed" Railjack. Boom. New Host can pilot by default, all their rules and settings are applied during the host migration.