Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros: Buffs, changes and Tweaks

(PSN)Thaumist

We all know who Inaros is, he is the big tanky warframe with thousands of health that is praised for never dying, but that's mostly it. You never hear much about how cool his abilities are, but thats because most people just slap on arcane grace and guardian, hold down his 4 and call it a day. He has no other utility to him other than some light CC and unnoticeable team regeneration abilities

What my goal is to do right now, is to give some tweaks and changes to his already existing kit without reworking him too majorly, giving him better team utility,  and keeping him the immortal tank he is.

--------------------------------------

We will begin with his passive. “Undying”. Undying is a cool passive stylistically, but it simply has been put on the wrong warframe. Inaros is so unkillable that this passive is rarely ever seen, which isent that bad since he has a 2nd passive, but even then his first passive doesn't even functionally work well. Enemy health and armor just scale too high and are unable to be killed by the measly 75 damage it does per tick. I believe a new passive should be given, but not a completely new one. One that is stylistically the same but with different mechanics. he already has a really nice 2nd passive so this one will not be too major

CURSE OF THE UNDYING- Upon death, Inaros passes his soul onto the closest player, giving him his health pool and a huge damage buff, if the player kills 15 enemies within the time span of Inaroses bleed-out state, he will be revived.

“How will this work solo?”

If playing solo, his “curse” will pass onto the strongest enemy in the area, giving it a massive health and damage buff and turning it on its allies. If it kills 8 enemies within Inroses bleedout state, Inaros will be revived. Nullifiers can not negate this effect

---------------------------------------

Now onto his 1st ability “desiccation

Not much need changing, nothing at all really, it a good ability and works nice for his second passive

This will go unchanged

His 2nd ability “Devour” is a single target cc that locks you in place while you regenerate your health. With all the other ways Inaros is able to heal himself, I find this one the most clunky. Here's how I'd change it.

Devour- (first we remove the tap mechanic of this ability and replace it with the hold mechanic). all enemies affected by “Desiccation” are pulled in to be devoured, increasing the amount of health he gets from each enemy and dealing double damage to each enemy being devoured, enemies that are killed turn into friendly sand shadows that have an increased aggro draw. When a sand shadow is killed or runs out time, there health is given to inaros or a nearby ally which temporarily increases their health pool

Having synergy with Desiccation is a much needed thing. Inaros doesn't have much synergy in his kit to begin with, making his overall ability design clunky. This also speeds up the process of inaros returning his health so he not locked in place so long, as well as giving his sand shadows some use

Inaroses third ability “sandstorm” is another clunky and slow form of CC that drains an excessive amount of energy. But there's a cool way of fixing it

Sandstorm- first, increase sandstorm's base speed, lower energy cast from 75 to 50, lower energy drain from 10 per second to 5.50 per second. finally: Inaroses lower body transforms into a sandstorm, while his upper half remains, allowing him to fire his weaponry while inside the sandstorm. Inaros is able to use Desiccation while in sandstorm to fire smaller sandstorms that damage enemies and flings them. Devour is also able to be used in sandstorm to drag multiple enemies into his sandstorm.

Finally his 4th, “scarab swarm

Scarab swarm works fine as his 4th, the armor it provides is useful and the health regen from using it on enemies is nice. But i never enjoyed how strange it felt to use it on enemies. It attacked from within a cone and would spread to other enemies but only if they got into touching distance. What would make it better is if it was in an aoe instead of a cone and would continue to remain in place for a few seconds like quicksand.

Now are all these suggestions good? idk, are they necessary? probably not since all you need is arcane grace, but this was fun to think and write up. I wonder how the community will think of this???

lets hit submit and find out...

Edited by (PS4)Thaumist
  • Like 6

These changes are awesome, specially the sandstorm change. Damn, I rarely ever see a decent rework suggestion in the forums. 

The only thing I would change is how the passive works: 

- When Inaros dies, he infects a nearby enemy with sand disease or buff an ally. By infecting an enemy with his sand disease he will begin to attack allies, everytime one ally is hit they become infected too to a total of 3 infected, infected targets get their health drained by 2,5% p/s and this health will help revive Inaros, this effect will last 15s. When allies get buffed, for every enemy they kill they will refill 5% of Inaros health.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

13 minutes ago, Shaburanigud said:

I don't know, while the changes are awesome, I think it might be overtuning him a tad too much.

I'd rather have Inaros have more abilities using his health as a resource to compensate this.
Like when he's using sandstorm.

That's a very bad decision, because Inaros already has less EHP than most tanks, he only has better sustain.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

That's a very bad decision, because Inaros already has less EHP than most tanks, he only has better sustain.

And that sustain is insanely powerful.
Not to mention his CC capability with his 1 is insane.

Sure he may not be the best tank but I doubt that means much to him anyway.
And looking at what happened to Wukong, overtuning could be a very dangerous decision.

Yes Buff Inaros.

You can already go afk and make toast and he wont die even when fighting level 100+ mobs.   Aracane Grace heals him at 400+ HP a sec each proc.. as Its easy to have 7k+ health.. Then enough armor to hit 85-90% reduced damage along with Adaptation...

9 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Truth is, Inaros's kit currently does not fit his title as the "Protector" of the Sand People from the Sand of Inaros. I prefer frames to have an interesting kit and interaction than just to be a giant health pool most of everyone treat him as right now. Even with changes to Arcane Grace and Guardian, no one can beat Inaros's effective health.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Truth is, Inaros's kit currently does not fit his title as the "Protector" of the Sand People from the Sand of Inaros. I prefer frames to have an interesting kit and interaction than just to be a giant health pool most of everyone treat him as right now. Even with changes to Arcane Grace and Guardian, no one can beat Inaros's effective health.

Those 2 arcanes would be much better with Nezha. He is truly the best tank in the game, even though he doesn't have the highest EHP (it's higher than Inaros, just so you don't mix things up).

Inaros is not the best at being even what they want him to be, the tank. Just saying. He needs a rework and a better kit.

1 hour ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Inaros is not the best at being even what they want him to be, the tank. Just saying. He needs a rework and a better kit.

On the other hand, he requires the least effort to be very tanky (just mods mainly) which is one of the reason why he's popular for tanking, similar to other frames who does their roles with the least amount of effort invested. Regardless, he definitely needs a rework for a more interactive kit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Duality52 said:

On the other hand, he requires the least effort to be very tanky (just mods mainly) which is one of the reason why he's popular for tanking, similar to other frames who does their roles with the least amount of effort invested. Regardless, he definitely needs a rework for a more interactive kit.

Nezha also doesn't need effort btw, just saying, and he does a better job at tanking and has 3 other decent skills.

Tbh I would make Inaros tanking-side passive, his sustain should be passive if that is their intention anyways. Then for his skills, we should concentrate on things not related to tank.

The ideal passive should be something like: Inaros has a sand aura around him, while not at full health his sand aura will consume enemies within 15m range and cause 30 true damage to them (this ammount will heal him) per second, while at full health Inaros will develop a sand armor whenever he consumes enemies, raising the armor value by 30 up to 1500 (just like Atlas, but it will deplete on getting hit). Enemies being consumed that get killed by allies will heal or generate 100 health/armor.

Then his skills should focus on CC, buffs to allies and to concentrate enemy gunfire on him.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

One of the thing I'd def change is his Devour to a % based damage, because tanky enemies simply take too long. Doing something like 2% HP/s damage to an enemy should be more bearable, and you could always add a bit of a numbers (like Oberon's smite) so early level enemies take shorter.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

One of the thing I'd def change is his Devour to a % based damage, because tanky enemies simply take too long. Doing something like 2% HP/s damage to an enemy should be more bearable, and you could always add a bit of a numbers (like Oberon's smite) so early level enemies take shorter.

There should be a synergy to let us devour more than 1 enemy, that alone would to the trick but the % damage is necessary.

• Like 2