Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

self damg vs not being a noob

Akarra92

ok title may not be clear but lets get one thing straight  the bramma  the reason why self damg was removed... first there was a bow that did this before along with  a bunch of other weps    doesn't seem to be a problem you know why?? cuz ppl learn to use the weps right!  the bramma  is a room  clear wep long range   NOT CLOSE COMBAT  so if u die useing it its your own damg  fault!  now this stagger bs WTH  is going on  last i checked  secondary weps you know the pistol type was mainly close range is it not?  well cuz of this bs staticor  is not a totally useless wep for close combat hell even  at 10 to 15 meters  it blows you on your a$$ come on DE put wep damg back and tell the players to learn to play with the weps  dieing cuz u killed yourself is your own dam fault  been going 7 years now and  this wasnt a big enough issue untill u released the bramma to change it? really ? so why dont u just put stagger on that bow?  since honestly  again ITS NOT FOR CLOSE COMBAT!!!!

just my two cents

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Akarra92 said:

tell the players to learn to play with the weps  dieing cuz u killed yourself 

they wont. why? cuz they only care about the new player experience and this is a new player problem. they wouldnt wanna disrespect their precious, right?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Sorry you can't exploit self damage to minmax Chroma's Vex Armor in eidolon hunts anymore.

i dont play chroma so yaaaa

22 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

Right, I'm a noob because some squadmate or a kavat jumps out in front of my shot and kills me but not them.

Good riddance to self damage. 

who cares its a death  big deal your  a gamer you have unlimited lives its not like u died IRL eh chill

39 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

they wont. why? cuz they only care about the new player experience and this is a new player problem. they wouldnt wanna disrespect their precious, right?

100% agreed hasnt been a problem till the bramma tho really  and thats not a noob item to get really 

• Like 2

Just now, Akarra92 said:

who cares its a death  big deal your  a gamer you have unlimited lives its not like u died IRL eh chill

Well thats just rude. Seems your attitude is on par with your grammar.

• Like 8

On 2020-03-09 at 12:18 AM, Vaeldious said:

Well thats just rude. Seems your attitude is on par with your grammar.

seems like u dont like being told the truth its a game so attack ppl personally eh?  come on grow up  theirs literally 101 threads already complaining about this knock back crap it needs to be changed period

1 hour ago, zioxei said:

There's a difference between being a noob and bad game mechanics.

It's a bad mechanic that you see "noobs" run around all the time now shooting enemies at point blank... And later complain about the stagger widow being too shallow. Self damage gave a deterrent to just using one weapon for everything.

On 2020-03-08 at 8:46 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Sorry you can't exploit self damage to minmax Chroma's Vex Armor in eidolon hunts anymore.

2019 called, they want their insult back. Seriously though, not everyone (including me, an Ivara main) uses Chroma. Self-damage was meant to be a drawback for a weapon, people just kept crying about self-damage because they want to run in point blank with a Bramma and kill everything (like they're doing now).

Bramma needs a nerf.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SpringRocker said:

people just kept crying about self-damage because they want to run in point blank

If you think that, you don't know at all why self damage was an issue. There was a big popular thread about it and you completely missed it. You even have the answer to this in a single sentence in this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Self damage gave a deterrent to just using one weapon for everything.

Self-stagger should be that deterrent, especially since a weapon can have high damage but high falloff, and as a result have a radius where it's not really dealing much damage but will still stagger you (and apply status effects to enemies but what canya do.) There are some weapons that are legitimately bad at close quarters, whether it's the Staticor with what is effectively just a big stagger radius or the Akarius with its rockets that won't explode at close range and so on.

Buuuuut stagger can be avoided by mods and abilities so we're still going to have Rhinos dropping Brammas on their feet with no consequence.

Edited by CopperBezel
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zioxei said:

If you think that, you don't know at all why self damage was an issue. There was a big popular thread about it and you completely missed it. You even have the answer to this in a single sentence in this thread.

You mean accidentally shooting a teammate?

It's not that hard, I pay attention to the radar and am often in the air before firing explosive shots. The Lenz was a weapon I used a lot, the (NON-Kuva) Ogris is one I still use, and glaives are another.

People suddenly started complaining all at once about self-damage because they wanted to run into enemies with a Bramma point blank shoot it... And they got exactly what they wanted.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SpringRocker said:

People suddenly started complaining all at once about self-damage because they wanted to run into enemies with a Bramma point blank shoot it... And they got exactly what they wanted.

False. People were complaining about self-damage long before Bramma was even the fetus of an idea. There was a resurgence in the popularity of complaining about self-damage after Bramma came out because for once in the history of this game there was a self-damage weapon worth using.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

for once in the history of this game there was a self-damage weapon worth using.

Just because the Bramma is an overpowered weapons that beats out all others doesn't mean there weren't other weapons that had self damage that also wern't not worth using.

Also no, The first thing people started doing when self-damage was removed was running into enemies at point blank to shoot them with a Bramma.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

There was a resurgence in the popularity of complaining about self-damage after Bramma came out because for once in the history of this game there was a self-damage weapon worth using.

I can't have been the only person to go through this cycle or one similar, which is slightly different: 

1. Dislike self-instagank in general because it's a bad mechanic that punishes players for using already dreadful guns. 

2. Remember that it exists because I got a Kuva Tonkor and Kuva Ogris, and wonder why the latter is a worse gun that kills me more. Kinda like the Tonkor, but find it just a little slower to work with safely than other options, still manage to gank myself with it about as often as I die from other circumstances.

3. Respond to some forum threads about self-damage.

4. Get the Bramma, kinda like it, think of the self-damage as an okay challenge for the payoff on a weapon that already rewards cautious play.

5. Oops, no more self-damage, better nerf the Bramma. 

Edited by CopperBezel

rFC47Wt.png

initially i killed myself quite some times but then i learned to use the thing properly

it happened excactly 3 times that a cat jumped in front of my rocket putting me in bleedout state.  i have 74k kills with the damn ogris now replaced by a 60% toxin kuva ogris

now the same people whining about self damage are whining about the stagger

they should have only removed self damage from shots that hit nearby pets and teammates. and nothing else

like if you cant keep the distance from the point of impact of a rocket, or explosive shot of any kind. just do yourself a favor, stick with a soma p or something

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

now the same people whining about self damage are whining about the stagger

Not from what I've seen. At the very least, there are quite a lot of posts complaining about the removal of self-damage, and then complaining about the stagger in the same post. 

honestly  i loved the staticor it blows up into a large  blast range  its also a secondary  meant for shorter range combat but  at 30 meters  it still puts my char on my ass every shot  made the wep useless... as for self damage and how often ppl kill themselves due to team mates or pets it happens rarely  its a game  revive and go .. and i also agree  self damage keep you on your toes the bramma isn't a silent bow its not meant for silent kills  its meant for longer range shots that clear rooms with the explosion if you happen to put yourself in the way of the explosion  why shouldn't u die the zarrs been doing it for years also. in the years i've played i've used the lens a lot  and probably killed myself maybe 10 or 15 times in YEARS!  its really not hard and keeps the challenge going to learn how to use a wep  this knock back bs is just noob mode for warframe users and  interrupts the fast smooth game play  of warframe itself specially if ur not a noob killing yourself with explosive weps made to use at range

Edited by Akarra92

They could have change self-damage to a specific number of health like 100 dmg self damage for example but they don't.

They could have make blast weapon more effectively with target have weaknesses but they  don't.

I mean when I look at old spy missions or old conclave I see a whole new different game.

But obviously now they can screw it all. Forget the ninjas crap. What kinda of ninja complaining about the they can't handle their own explosion and it got themselves kill ??? Some ally jump infront of you ??? you do aware that you're carrying a dangerous weapon and you need to fire it in a clear place ?

Not even BIG FAT KIM himself dump enough to fire a rocket that having close obstacles to it's tip.

4 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

What on earth would that solve? That's far less penalty than the stagger.

a room of dead enemies cant kill a player that's staggers, because they r dead

the tagger isn't even a penalty except for aoe guns that didnt have self damage but should have originally, because people like to point blan fire thier guns

infact the bigest reaosn people wanted self damage removed was so they could shoot the toncor at thier feet again... im not evne joking

so anyone here that says that players weren't tying to shoot at point blank are lying 

• Like 2