Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SOUND TEAM! FML you guys are AWESOME!

Necr0vex

Ok I saw in the patch notes the part about Master Mix DSP Additions and went and watched the video. Did that a couple of times and got the same feeling I get when someone lets me taste wine with a chocolaty berry nutty wtf ever after taste...I NEVER get it!🤣

So me and my friends the deathsquad trio of elite badasses jump on and start taking advantage of the affinity weekend with our affinity boosters 😈...and them not reading through all the patch notes like nerdy me start saying things like: " Did that infested thing just growl at me..." and " Whoa dude did you hear when you pick up a sentient core, they must have added that with the patch!" I can go on...

Anyway, after a while of freaking out with all the "NEW" sounds DE added I finally got the sound teams excitement. I tasted the chocolate, the berries, the death, the sentient synthesizers I experienced it all!!!

After seeing how much goes into the design of the sounds on the devstreams and how passionate those people are I am so immensely happy you got the master mix dsp whatevers to work, it makes my experience 100% more fun. And the realization of a new studio getting finished makes my ears twitch with excitement 😂

AWESOME JOB SOUND TEAM!!!

• Like 7

I can get behind someone else being excited for the creativity that goes into this game! +1 like to you

Didn’t know about the thing you’re referring to till just now, so that’s one that I’ll look into. Thanks for that. I love behind-the-scenes stuff

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Thanking
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

though, Dialogue seems to have had a negative impact in numerous instances - so that part of the game feels even more spammy and overly chatty. drowning out other stuff as a result.

Interesting observation. I reckon this could go into the Feedback section as its own topic and we can dive deeper into it

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Necr0vex a dit :

I'm new, but I will change my build accordingly...this will never happen again...I am ashamed 

XD

No but really it's refreshing to see someone creating an account to say good things about the game. And as a sound engineer of myself, I know first hand how rare it is for the sound guys to get any recognition, so yeah, kudos to you !

• Like 2

The sound design of this game has always been one of the best parts. Its also the only part that has consistently only gotten better over time. I don't know how they managed it, but even when things get super crazy and a million different sounds are happening all at once, they never get muddied or cover each other up. You can pretty much always hear everything clearly, even though there is so much detail and complexity to every sound. And there are impressively few shared sounds anymore.

Though, I am really glad they never went through with that stupid idea they had a while ago, where the sound would get muffled when you were at low health. I always hate when games do that. Its supposed to make things more tense when you're near death, but all it really does is take away important information when you need it most. So it just makes it even harder to survive, all for the sake of drama.

Also: Baruuk's powers are some of the coolest sounds I have heard in any game ever.

• Like 1