Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Solution For The Potato.

CaptainohCaptain

1)Limit the installing pace to a 2 per month max.

2)Make every further potato alert is 2step: 1)Alert for special key. 2)Using a key for a mission, which reward pool consist of Forma|Reactor|Catalyst.

3)Give id for these kind of keys to let everyone play these keys only once.

4)Make these key alerts appear only on High-end planets like Neptune and Pluto.

This way potato will feel like some kind of special thing and won't be seen as "thingie to test new gun".

How about we just incorporate potatoes into everything, forget they ever existed, and not impose artificial limitations on our mod capacity as a means waste our time and/or money?  It's clear at this point the mod system is based on a 60 point cap rather than 30.  Let's stop kidding ourselves.

How about we just incorporate potatoes into everything, forget they ever existed, and not impose artificial limitations on our mod capacity as a means waste our time and/or money?  It's clear at this point the mod system is based on a 60 point cap rather than 30.  Let's stop kidding ourselves.

Ahem, because games are designed to waste both our time and money? 

I disagree in all aspects. You have to pay physical money for a potato,is that not enough for an exchange? As for the complicated mission process you need to consider that some people aren't high enough to even see the rewards and ask for carries to and through the mission itself. Making it a 2 step process complicates things a bit too much. The  2 potatoes a month is dumb,pardon my insult but honestly if i don;t like a potato on a weapon,under your system,i would only be able to potato one more thing a month. I would just potato on clan tech and not try anything else considering most clan tech is god tier. I like the system how it is, where im actually able to try it on my new weapons.

This way potato will feel like some kind of special thing and won't be seen as "thingie to test new gun".

I don't get what you mean by this. Considering a Reactors/Catalysts rarity and value to the games mechanics, I can't see the regular player thinking they aren't "Some kind of special thing" and only see them as a "Thingie to test a new gun". The small amount of free ones we get from alerts/livestreams make them more meaningful and the sheer amount of threads about "What should I potato?!" show that a large amount of players put quite a bit of thought into how to effectively use them and don't just shove them into things. I feel the only players who would say differently are the ones who acquire a lot of platinum to spend and buy a lot of them, which I highly doubt is the playerbase at large.

1)Limit the installing pace to a 2 per month max.

2)Make every further potato alert is 2step: 1)Alert for special key. 2)Using a key for a mission, which reward pool consist of Forma|Reactor|Catalyst.

3)Give id for these kind of keys to let everyone play these keys only once.

4)Make these key alerts appear only on High-end planets like Neptune and Pluto.

Yeah can't agree with this.  Firstly the majority of players don't play and barely get potato drops 2 a month( the livestream taters).  So outside of that you would have to wait for an entire month to install any into new weapons you get or frames from alerts that you mightve found( these are so rare that the dodo is actually more common).

Secondly you propose gating content from new players who need potatoes and don't understand their full value until they're well into the game and think, hmmm this weapon has 8 slots but i can only afford to max a few mods.  As far as i know and has been stated here, many don't see potatoes as a thingie to test a new gun.  perhaps you're hanging around the rich frat boys?

This is such an asinine idea that I don't know where to start with my incredulity.

Limit potatoes to two a month? why? 

Is there anyone out there complaining that there are too many people using potatoes?

Is the OP just wanting people who actually pay money to keep the game going to be as limited as the ones who don't?