Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Larvling broken right now?

Venus-Venera

Question

saturn - cassini (capture) has corpus as enemies.

saturn - titan (surv) screen blinks, i kill all enemies for ~4 mins and nothing happens.

tried uranus - ariel (capture) no blink after capture till extraction. i see it cant spawn here. wiki: (Although its mission nodes fall under the level range, Larvlings cannot spawn on Uranus, likely because they're considered "submersible" missions rather than regular ones. )

same with sedna - selkie (surv) killed 20-30 after screen blinks under 1 min and no spawn.

i need last weapon or specific weapons like bramma/nukor. if it takes more then 5 min for larvling its not worth my time.

and i killed more then 30+ under 1 min. see: (After the screen flashes during a mission, players are required to kill at least 10 enemies under 1 minute for the Kuva Larvling to spawn. The Larvling will not spawn whatsoever if no enemies are killed during that time or after the timer ends. )

time for a long break till patch/fix or what ever? sedna ext - got finally spawn

Edited by Battle.Mage

23 answers to this question

I believe there is an issue somewhere that players aren't telling, this isn't the 1st time i see players complaining about larvaling spawns and/or murmurs (aka few per mission)

You need to kill enemies

I get plenty of murmurs in all mission types, i simply do not leave them behind and larvalings spawn for me 100% of the time, that's all the missions, i usually go cassini capture mission, and i go there to kill, you don't need massive aoe abilities, you simply need to engage said enemies when the screen flashes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

They are a very rare spawn

Rather than being rarity-based, Larvlings use a system similar to the Infested Juggernauts.

1 hour ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

the mission needs minimum of level 30 enemies

The minimum enemy level is 20, not 30.

• Like 2

If you're seeing Corpus mobs on Cassini then there was probably a Corpus Invasion. Should be back to normal 24 hours from the end of the invasion. Same thing can happen on Adaro or really any other nodes. Uranus isn't a good choice as any mission with Submersible in the node name probably won't work. Because those have underwater areas. This is also why I detest Uranus as my Lich influence start planet (you only get 4 nodes with Lich missions).

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Strange, they didn't spawn on missions beneath that as far as I remember, that's why everyone was going on sedna or lua.

Could've been that it was bugs, or perhaps they just did the missions too quickly for the flickering to happen, or any number of similar issues.

I've not had any trouble getting Larvlings to spawn on Saturn (though I've also spawned them from Sedna). Always went to those missions by myself, though, in case that has any relevance.

7 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

saturn - titan (surv) screen blinks, i kill all enemies for ~4 mins and nothing happens.

tried uranus - ariel (capture) no blink after capture till extraction. i see it cant spawn here. wiki: (Although its mission nodes fall under the level range, Larvlings cannot spawn on Uranus, likely because they're considered "submersible" missions rather than regular ones. )

same with sedna - selkie (surv) killed 20-30 after screen blinks under 1 min and no spawn.

i need last weapon or specific weapons like bramma/nukor. if it takes more then 5 min for larvling its not worth my time.

and i killed more then 30+ under 1 min. see: (After the screen flashes during a mission, players are required to kill at least 10 enemies under 1 minute for the Kuva Larvling to spawn. The Larvling will not spawn whatsoever if no enemies are killed during that time or after the timer ends. )

time for a long break till patch/fix or what ever? sedna ext - got finally spawn

so when i do the saturn capture i dont just rush through the mission as i keep killing an head to extract while passivly killing as you do know that there is a limit on how many enemies can be roaming the map right?
so if you hit the cap you will not have the larvling spawn

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (XB1)ShadowBlood89:

so when i do the saturn capture i dont just rush through the mission as i keep killing an head to extract while passivly killing as you do know that there is a limit on how many enemies can be roaming the map right?
so if you hit the cap you will not have the larvling spawn

i wrote: "saturn - cassini (capture) has corpus as enemies. "

and you need 10 kills after blinking. can confirm this.

18 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

I'm surprized nobody even bothered to check ...

Cassini, on Saturn, has Grineer Tileset, But it has "Corpus Enemies" because it's currently being occupied by corpus after the results of an Invasion.

So what everyone is telling you still holds true, because Cassini literally is a grineer node.

But, since apparently Nobody is helping you, let me give some tips.

Try any other grineer capture lvl 20+ mission (that actually has Grineer enemies).
As soon as you capture the target, continue killing enemies on the way to extraction.
You will see the screen flickering as if some Syndicate/Stalker is coming after you.
Kill Everything As Fast As You Can Sneze. (takes around 30 enemies) and your larvling should spawn.

Every single one of my liches, has never failed to spawn, the spawning method is just like the infested "Juggernaut", you hear lotus *@##$ing (screen flickering) you kill infested (grineer) till you hear the scream (music starts playing with one of the Kuva Guardians talking some gibberish).

If you've done all of that, and still can't get a Kuva Larvling to spawn, either you're doing something wrong (like not selecting regular/unoccupied missions that are lvl 20+ on Grineer Tilesets), or it's a bug.

Edit: on a final note, make sure that if you play with others, the Host doesn't have an active lich, I have no idea if it has been fixed, but if the olden days, if the host has an active lich, no larvling would spawn.

Edited by SocialFox

10 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

The two missions I have always used for larvling pawn are Adaro, Sedna and now cassini saturn.

My suggestions are:

do Cassini Saturn

do it solo

rush to the capture target, down the target and complete capture

start walking to the extraction point killing everything you come across

After literally 100's of these larvling missions (the joys of trying to get the larvling to spawn with either a Kohm or Bramma) I have never not had a larvling spawn.

Yes you will also see corpus enemies. Kill everything including corpus. From my experience there seems to be quite a long period of time in which you are able to reach the required kill level. Sometimes on the way to extraction you enter those narrow tunnels that will have no enemies for 100's of meters. Doesn't matter, just keep heading to extraction and kill the next enemies you see.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

in my experience, larvlings don't spawn in survival and defense.

You're better off running capture or extermination.

then you've not been to Titan. Every visit I get flickering screen before I even set the alarm off; literally Lotus tells me to set off the alarms and lights go funny. I use Titan so much as I'm trying to get the Maniacs to drop Ash's Chassis and Systems bp's to build both him and Stalker's Smoking Body Ephemera. If people struggle to get Liches on Titan something is very very wrong

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

then you've not been to Titan. Every visit I get flickering screen before I even set the alarm off; literally Lotus tells me to set off the alarms and lights go funny. I use Titan so much as I'm trying to get the Maniacs to drop Ash's Chassis and Systems bp's to build both him and Stalker's Smoking Body Ephemera. If people struggle to get Liches on Titan something is very very wrong

I tried a survival in sedna a few times.

Lights flickered as soon as I hacked the console to start.

15~30min in and no sign of larvling. Perhaps, there are some exceptions or DE fixed this in the last few months.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Quantaminum:

15~30min in and no sign of larvling. Perhaps, there are some exceptions or DE fixed this in the last few months.

seems to be a bug. i saw commentary on wiki about surv week ago and tried it. larvling should spawn in less then 1 min.

On 2020-03-09 at 2:11 PM, Battle.Mage said:

have been with people that even after 10 kill on the blinking still havent had larvaling spawn
an the corpus on saturn isn't hard to understand as there was most likely a saturn invasion of corpus vs grineer. tenno supported the corpus more an so some missions for awhile are corpus.
has happened on hydron where we had corpus instead of grineer

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (XB1)ShadowBlood89:

have been with people that even after 10 kill on the blinking still havent had larvaling spawn
an the corpus on saturn isn't hard to understand as there was most likely a saturn invasion of corpus vs grineer. tenno supported the corpus more an so some missions for awhile are corpus.
has happened on hydron where we had corpus instead of grineer

10 kills under 1 min 😉

On 2020-03-10 at 9:17 AM, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Give Titan, Saturn a try. I either get a Maniac, Larvaling, Assassin or all three (Valkyr really enjoyed that one) it's offered me loads of Lichlings just none have Brammas the only Lich weapon I care for right now as I'm trying to master every bow in the game