Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL: OPTION TO COLOUR MATCH WEAPONS WITH WARFRAMES

--.Ravakahr.nVbs.--

POLL: Reply yes or no in the comment section below! 

IDEA: 

• Automatic colour matching warframe weapons to warframe - does this automatically without manually "copy warframe colours" each time your change warframe. 
  • New colour pallets styles: rainbow (colour continually rotatesshiny, glowing, dull, reflective
  • Helps the Fashion-frame culture. 

HOW: 

• 10-20p - no matter your warframe the weapon colour matches your warframe! ~ no more all black/grey/white (or mismatched colours) - could even be a part live grav-mag. 
  • The above could even be mixed in with special colour pellets - matté, reflective, dull, bright, glowing. Each are 150p/200P for a special pallet. 
  • 20P per weapon to unlock a rainbow colour - like in monster hunter world - your weapon goes through the rainbow colours!

Reason I added plat instead of free is because the dev's will no do it unless money is involved. To the point if you want red you need to pay 75P to get a colour pallet. What are your thoughts? Would you pay plat to have rainbow cycling colour or a colour matching to warframe colours?

Would anyone like this option?

Edited by Ravakahr

Material effects are currently baked into the texture maps of all items and skins. This means that there's no way to turn a matte surface metallic or vice versa. That's true of frames, weapons, Tennogen, everything. It's also implemented differently depending on the skin in question and particularly when it was made, which is why we have deliciously realistic metallics on the Akjagara Prime, but oily plastic on the Magnus.

As for matching weapons to frames ... I guess you mean in the event that you're using default colors on a frame, but don't own them? I haven't used a default color in years so it's very difficult for me to relate to this problem. Whenever I'm assigning a weapon appearance slot to a frame, though, and I do copy the frame colors to the weapon, it often takes adjustment, because what one skin calls Tertiary, another might call Accent, or some will switch Primary and Secondary, etc. That's because these things don't actually strictly mean anything universal and are subjectively assigned per item. So a typical gun will maybe have an outer cowling, highlight sections on that cowling, internal mechanics, and filigree trim, and call them Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, and Accent, and if everything followed exactly that formula, applying the color scheme of one item to another would always work as expected, but not everything has exactly those four kinds of things to color, and even in the majority that do follow that formula, you'll occasionally have weirdness like the internal mechanics being the Primary color or the trim being Tertiary etc.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

Material effects are currently baked into the texture maps of all items and skins. This means that there's no way to turn a matte surface metallic or vice versa. That's true of frames, weapons, Tennogen, everything. It's also implemented differently depending on the skin in question and particularly when it was made, which is why we have deliciously realistic metallics on the Akjagara Prime, but oily plastic on the Magnus.

As for matching weapons to frames ... I guess you mean in the event that you're using default colors on a frame, but don't own them? I haven't used a default color in years so it's very difficult for me to relate to this problem. Whenever I'm assigning a weapon appearance slot to a frame, though, and I do copy the frame colors to the weapon, it often takes adjustment, because what one skin calls Tertiary, another might call Accent, or some will switch Primary and Secondary, etc. That's because these things don't actually strictly mean anything universal and are subjectively assigned per item. So a typical gun will maybe have an outer cowling, highlight sections on that cowling, internal mechanics, and filigree trim, and call them Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, and Accent, and if everything followed exactly that formula, applying the color scheme of one item to another would always work as expected, but not everything has exactly those four kinds of things to color, and even in the majority that do follow that formula, you'll occasionally have weirdness like the internal mechanics being the Primary color or the trim being Tertiary etc.

Really great reply. Very detailed! Amazing. I meant it automatically changes. So I have a beauful black and red reaper prime. Matchs nekros prime perfectly! Change to rhino who is Bright purple and black. It looks horrible. 

A lot of the community currently match all frames and weapons with one colour / pattern so everything matches. They change it frequently but they like things matching. Some players obviously don't do this. And they love the random button. But Fashion-frame exists. Whether people like it or not. And unfortunately to maintain fashion-frame there is limited options except a lot of manual copy, copy, copy buttons. I am MR27. And it was fun the first 1000 hours. Now I just want everything to match without investing another 30 seconds before every game. 

Edited by Ravakahr

Hmm. Part of my fashion frame game is having a separate loadout slot for each of the fames I use regularly and generally assigning weapons semi-permanently to the frames they fit best. Right now, my six favorite frames don't happen to be doubled up on any weapons, or even syandanas and armor for that matter, but weapons that I do use with multiple frames will get different A, B, and C appearance configs. Even frames I use less, I'll still sometimes have a weapon I think of as permanently "theirs" - my Wisp has a Dual Keres with the Cyskis skin, which I took to Hok to rename simply as the Dual Cyskis. And sometimes pain is beauty - I got the Lahnss skin for the Orthos Prime and renamed it the Excavex, and it's serially "belonged" to Nova until I got the Dakra Prime, Wukong until I binned him after his most recent nerf, and now Mag, but because it's the Orthos Prime, it's my best polearm and there's only one of it, and it has a name tag attached that only makes sense with the skin. I've considered building and formaing up a second Orthos Prime to wear the Phorcys skin with my Nezha, but currently have a decent polearm zaw (which is, of course, still no Orthos Prime) in that role instead. And never mind that Nezha really looks best with the Guandao (specifically its Solstice skin) which is trash since Phase 2.

There are some weapons, like my berivened Dex Furis, that are such a standby for me that I'll slap them onto any loadout where I don't already have an assigned weapon for that slot, but then, we get to buy extra appearance slots now, so my Dex Furis has a D config. My Tenora might need one too, soon. Such a pretty gun, and competent enough with a riven.

And not every loadout means matching weapon colors to frame colors exactly. I have my Mag done up in a sedate burgundy and bronze scheme, but hot pink and cyan armor and weapons. Saryn is the opposite with a cool blue and shocking orange color scheme over dark chocolate lowlights, but mostly chocolate brown weapons with orange accents. And even where I match colors exactly, there are knobs that must be adjusted; my Nova uses the Lamia skin, which has a latex texture that dulls the bright yellow color I have as her Primary and introduces cool grey accents despite having a warm, leathery brown as both her Secondary and Tertiary colors, so I match the duller yellow and the grey accent in all of my weapon configs. 

So yeah, I associate fashion frame with maximum effort, basically, automation will not help me. X ]

Edited by CopperBezel

1 hour ago, CopperBezel said:

Hmm. Part of my fashion frame game is having a separate loadout slot for each of the fames I use regularly and generally assigning weapons semi-permanently to the frames they fit best. Right now, my six favorite frames don't happen to be doubled up on any weapons, or even syandanas and armor for that matter, but weapons that I do use with multiple frames will get different A, B, and C appearance configs. Even frames I use less, I'll still sometimes have a weapon I think of as permanently "theirs" - my Wisp has a Dual Keres with the Cyskis skin, which I took to Hok to rename simply as the Dual Cyskis. And sometimes pain is beauty - I got the Lahnss skin for the Orthos Prime and renamed it the Excavex, and it's serially "belonged" to Nova until I got the Dakra Prime, Wukong until I binned him after his most recent nerf, and now Mag, but because it's the Orthos Prime, it's my best polearm and there's only one of it, and it has a name tag attached that only makes sense with the skin. I've considered building and formaing up a second Orthos Prime to wear the Phorcys skin with my Nezha, but currently have a decent polearm zaw (which is, of course, still no Orthos Prime) in that role instead. And never mind that Nezha really looks best with the Guandao (specifically its Solstice skin) which is trash since Phase 2.

There are some weapons, like my berivened Dex Furis, that are such a standby for me that I'll slap them onto any loadout where I don't already have an assigned weapon for that slot, but then, we get to buy extra appearance slots now, so my Dex Furis has a D config. My Tenora might need one too, soon. Such a pretty gun, and competent enough with a riven.

And not every loadout means matching weapon colors to frame colors exactly. I have my Mag done up in a sedate burgundy and bronze scheme, but hot pink and cyan armor and weapons. Saryn is the opposite with a cool blue and shocking orange color scheme over dark chocolate lowlights, but mostly chocolate brown weapons with orange accents. And even where I match colors exactly, there are knobs that must be adjusted; my Nova uses the Lamia skin, which has a latex texture that dulls the bright yellow color I have as her Primary and introduces cool grey accents despite having a warm, leathery brown as both her Secondary and Tertiary colors, so I match the duller yellow and the grey accent in all of my weapon configs. 

So yeah, I associate fashion frame with maximum effort, basically, automation will not help me. X ]

Thats part of the problem though "match the duller yellow and the grey accent in all of my weapon configs." I'm suggesting to have it as an option of feature. Not a mandatory requirement. And you could choose more fun colours so everything matches. You get to a point whether its now or 1 year from now where you won't like dull yellow and grey. And guess what you now have to change it on 200 weapons.

Some weapons pick your own colour. Some you rarely use click the slider button and automatch. 

14 minutes ago, Ravakahr said:

Thats part of the problem though "match the duller yellow and the grey accent in all of my weapon configs." I'm suggesting to have it as an option of feature.

You can't though. The slightly duller yellow I'm having to match is an effect of the skin's material vs. the materials on the weapons. The grey is similarly not one of my selected colors at all, though I think it's very slightly mixed with something. This is simply how every weapon, warframe, and accessory skin in the game works. They have texture maps with materials. For colors to match universally so that every color would look the same on every material, you'd need to rework every skin for every item in the game and probably lose a lot of texture variety in the process, and to make it possible to turn something shiny or metallic or matte, it'd be that over again. 

Edited by CopperBezel