Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Overhaul perhaps?

I've been looking for topics relating to any news about Dojo stuff... we know that the Oracle room is currently the most useless room we have (we have to build it before anything else while it does nothing in particular), the corridor lighting is broken and any extra banners or signs with clan logo on do not take room colour settings into account. There are also gaps in between doors and section joins where we can see cyberspace beyond.

We cannot 'sit' on chairs or benches included in the furniture catalogue because... well... I don't think our Warframes know how to sit or even move equipped weapons out of the way to sit without hurting ourselves. Not yet anyway and it's something I've never seen in any video game so far.

It seems to me that the whole entire dojo system needs an overhaul with much more attention to detail.

Is there any news or acknowledgement from DE on this besides "Soon?"

• Like 1

there is zero point to overhauling dojo's until clans become more than just segregated chat channels, they serve little to no purpose other than that and a dojo's only use is to show off some "cool" pictures that people will quickly forget about as irrelevant or as a blueprint vendor, dojo's are pointless because clans are pointless.

We have clans and even alliances that do...... nothing, 7 years on and they remain utterly pointless.

6 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

there is zero point to overhauling dojo's until clans become more than just segregated chat channels, they serve little to no purpose other than that and a dojo's only use is to show off some "cool" pictures that people will quickly forget about as irrelevant or as a blueprint vendor, dojo's are pointless because clans are pointless.

We have clans and even alliances that do...... nothing, 7 years on and they remain utterly pointless.

And the moment they become relevant... people ask for them to become less relevant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Methanoid said:

We need them for labs for extra weapons such as the Lens and Javlok. They might not be the best or most efficient, but certainly entertaining. As for the rest of the dojo, I agree they have no other use than as a doll's house aesthetics.

I'd like DE to make dojos more practical and,  if they are so focused on aesthetics, improve the quality of each and every room and corridor. 

I agree that they have a lot on their plate but I'm sure they have enough platinum in their pockets for extra staff. 

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

We need them for labs for extra weapons such as the Lens and Javlok. They might not be the best or most efficient, but certainly entertaining. As for the rest of the dojo, I agree they have no other use than as a doll's house aesthetics.

I'd like DE to make dojos more practical and,  if they are so focused on aesthetics, improve the quality of each and every room and corridor. 

I agree that they have a lot on their plate but I'm sure they have enough platinum in their pockets for extra staff. 

a simple blueprint dispenser in your orbiter can replace that entire mechanic, that is after all, all a dojo really does.

12 hours ago, Methanoid said:

a simple blueprint dispenser in your orbiter can replace that entire mechanic, that is after all, all a dojo really does.

True... getting rid of the whole dojo concept and replacing it with a networked printer might be more practical and efficient. Is that what the community majority want, though? 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

True... getting rid of the whole dojo concept and replacing it with a networked printer might be more practical and efficient. Is that what the community majority want, though? 

apart from at the start, the community pretty much gets what its given.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

The community is divided. For years they asked for Clans and Alliances to have relevance. The Dark Sector conflicts floppled because of the Mega Alliances and were put in permanent Armestice.

People still ask for them to be given a better meaning and we got Railjack and it's Dry Dock. Then came others complaining about needing Clans in the first place.

So no. WE, the players, can't say "this is what community majority wants" because it, as a whole, doesn't know what it wants in the first place.

The forum users are a minority, you don't see hundreds or thousands of people talking around here, you see the same people over and over.

The only way to know what the majority wants is to have statistics on what is and what is not done or played or used. And the only people who have that data is Digital Extremes. And they are not putting it out there.

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The only way to know what the majority wants is to have statistics on what is and what is not done or played or used. And the only people who have that data is Digital Extremes. And they are not putting it out there.

even with that data they have a habit of releasing things no1 wanted then forcing it down our throats or making their new stuff a hard requirement to progress/do anything which just peeves more ppl off.  Instead of scrapping dark sectors they could just have tweaked/changed it as they went, instead they just butchered it and we take the rap for the bad idea for not liking it.

46 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

even with that data they have a habit of releasing things no1 wanted then forcing it down our throats or making their new stuff a hard requirement to progress/do anything which just peeves more ppl off.  Instead of scrapping dark sectors they could just have tweaked/changed it as they went, instead they just butchered it and we take the rap for the bad idea for not liking it.

Oh what the hell... "Releasing things no one wanted", no one wanted any new franchise out there but they are being made anyways, no one wanted God of War 2018 to be changed gameplay wise from its predecessors and it was anyway. No one wanted the first Horizon: Into Dawn to be made but it was made anyways. No one wanted Anthem, but it was made anyways. No one wanted another Fortnite look alike in Apex Legends and they got it anyway.No one wanted Half-Life: Alyx but we will get it anyways. No one wanted Cyberpunk 2077 but we will get it anyways. No one wanted Melee to be changed and it was changed anyways. No one wanted the Orbiter but we got it anyways. No one wanted Lunaro but we got it anyways. No one wanted wanted a lot of things but, for better or for worse we got/will get them anyways.

This talk of "releasing things no one wanted" is weak argument. You dont ask for a lot of things anywhere but get them anyways, if you will like them or not is another debacable. But the people who make those will want you to use them.

There will be people peeved and pissed off no matter what is done. Even if they did what you said and tweaked/changed, there would still be people pissed.

Or have you forgotten what those Mega Alliances did? Outside of the game? They were making deals that DE could not do anything about it because organizing itself is not breaking EULA/TOS?

Stomping down any non-Mega Allied Clan/Alliance that tried to grab the DS?

Baiting with 1M Credits but just 1 set in the pool? Which meant only 1 team would get that and it would usually be their own squad to put that back into their bank?

Making people d/c by being the host, playing on the opposite team and twearking their internet cable? (This even happened when we had PvE only mode)

Taunting people with their infamous "I heard you like zeros" and putting tax at 100%?

And let us not forget the chat. How much S#&$ was being thrown around at the time.

Tweaks and changes would not resolve. It had to be cut.

Now, i've posted ideas on how to resurge those DS and make alliances have a meaning, something like Planetside 2 does with the "This Clan was the one who most contributed to the defence of this area" and have Grineer/Corpus/Whatever invade and maybe give the Alliance some bonus resources when they play there. But that is all I can do.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Oh what the hell... "Releasing things no one wanted", no one wanted any new franchise out there but they are being made anyways, no one wanted God of War 2018 to be changed gameplay wise from its predecessors and it was anyway. No one wanted the first Horizon: Into Dawn to be made but it was made anyways. No one wanted Anthem, but it was made anyways. No one wanted another Fortnite look alike in Apex Legends and they got it anyway.No one wanted Half-Life: Alyx but we will get it anyways. No one wanted Cyberpunk 2077 but we will get it anyways. No one wanted Melee to be changed and it was changed anyways. No one wanted the Orbiter but we got it anyways. No one wanted Lunaro but we got it anyways. No one wanted wanted a lot of things but, for better or for worse we got/will get them anyways.

This talk of "releasing things no one wanted" is weak argument. You dont ask for a lot of things anywhere but get them anyways, if you will like them or not is another debacable. But the people who make those will want you to use them.

There will be people peeved and pissed off no matter what is done. Even if they did what you said and tweaked/changed, there would still be people pissed.

Or have you forgotten what those Mega Alliances did? Outside of the game? They were making deals that DE could not do anything about it because organizing itself is not breaking EULA/TOS?

Stomping down any non-Mega Allied Clan/Alliance that tried to grab the DS?

Baiting with 1M Credits but just 1 set in the pool? Which meant only 1 team would get that and it would usually be their own squad to put that back into their bank?

Making people d/c by being the host, playing on the opposite team and twearking their internet cable? (This even happened when we had PvE only mode)

Taunting people with their infamous "I heard you like zeros" and putting tax at 100%?

And let us not forget the chat. How much S#&$ was being thrown around at the time.

Tweaks and changes would not resolve. It had to be cut.

Now, i've posted ideas on how to resurge those DS and make alliances have a meaning, something like Planetside 2 does with the "This Clan was the one who most contributed to the defence of this area" and have Grineer/Corpus/Whatever invade and maybe give the Alliance some bonus resources when they play there. But that is all I can do.

I remember those alliances yes, DE could have doubled down and fixed them with time and effort, but they didnt, they never do, they tend to go for minimal effort almost every time, dark sectors themselves were just regular missions with a bare minimum "ownership" system slapped on because it was quick and easy.

The only time DE dont go for a minimal effort approach is when they make something like archwing, which was hated from the word go, nwo again instead of tweaking it/changing it enough to be liked, the changed it a bit then dumped it like a hot potatoe and moved on, then later with open words they tried to make them relevant again by once again trying to force those hated things upon us, and now we have railjack once again with archwing changes and they even manage to regress the usefulness of archwing to new levels of mediocrity.  Since open world Archwing have been a glorified taxi service, and in railjack they remain weak/useless taxi's.

Mining, Fishing, Plant Photography, Pokemon Catching, exactly no1 wanted these things for our supposed "Space Ninjas" but again DE add them and doubled down on ignoring our opinions, probably due to some weird market research on other genres of games and shoehorned them in, if they were optional extras for cosmetics or other similar things no1 would have cared, but again they force the players to utilize these abominations to progress which just further annoys and peeves people off.

They have a long track record of saying to their players, "what, you dont like this new thing?  well, tough luck, were gonna force you to use it if you like it or not" and this is exactly why some do indeed put up with it and do it (then later bail), some just up and quit instantly, some do their daily login, read whats coming soon(tm) then logout, some like me wait for a pile of forma and a free login affinity boost then go reforma some junk gear for something to do, others hang around talking rubbish with their clanmates as we all do in most games where you have nothing to do (ah yes my final year in wow sitting around stormwind at the end of wotlk, not playing but just talking to the rest of the team every day on login, same in eve online, star trek online and countless more games that stagnated and disregarded the opinions of the majority of the playerbase,).

Also you deffo arent the first to ask for DS tweaks/resurrections, and it has been mentioned they would eventually revisit it, probably in some coming decade or so, was DS a mess, yes it absolutely was, did it deserve being axed entirely?  no, they just went for the quick and easy solution like they always do, they only want the quick "One and Done" solutions, then they move on to the next new one and done addition, nothing here has changed.