Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)Astralwanderung

The embarassing mess of Exploiter Orb

I know this boss is from an update that seems so distant in the past most people even forgot it exists. But still (after 6402706423 attempts, I'm still missing the Freezing Step Ephemera, so I'm still doing it)...

Let me say that I find the boss fight per se quite fun (althought after all this time I still am not sure if it's something I'm missing or a bug that when you throw Thermia at it in the outdoors phase, 90% of the times it does nothing, whether or not you shoot it and even though you control the Coolant Raknoids... I mostly just count on the meter to rise naturally, because even throwing ten canisters in a row has no impact). But the problem is not the fight... except for bugs.

That said, rant mode.

The embarassing things are two: one intentional, on DE's part, and the other unintentional. The unintentional one is, as said, bugs. These come in all forms. Half of the times, literally half, I get the no-HUD bug: whole fight, both underground and outdoors, with not a single HUD element except (thank the Gods) for the heat meter. That's the only thing that appears. And despite the hell that is aiming at Raknoids with no HUD, I manage to end the fight. With one exception: when the damn Corpus nearby decide to stick their nose in and start rising alert levels; unable to locate alarm antennae, I find myself overwhelmed by endless waves of enemies, and that ends in only one way. Not a good way.
Another bug, which is even worse, is when you try to get outdoors for the second phase and the door won't open, leaving you stuck in endless loading.
It's been months, and since release these bugs have seen no fixes.

Then there is the intentional thing, the one by design: you have to expend Thermia to fight the Exploiter Orb. A resource that is available often enough, but at the small prime of... a damned hellish ultra-boring mission that no one wants to do. I don't know how the situation is on pc, but on PS don't ever hope to find someone to share that boredom. You'll be alone doing those fractures, dying inside, wanting to do something else while waiting for them to end, but unable to because there are incessant hordes of relatively high-level enemies trying to break that canister and annoy you beyond reason. Even Limbo with minimum range and max duration won't have his abilities last long enough to save you from boredom. You just have to stay there and put attention in that awfully designed mission. Having to repeat the same hellish process FOUR times to get ONE Thermia.

This is an embarassing mess.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Astralwanderung said:

I know this boss is from an update that seems so distant in the past most people even forgot it exists.

Your two issues are direct side effects of the DE mentality of producing short, disposable content.  You aren't supposed to be playing the exploiter orb 5,000 times.  You are supposed to play it 10-50 times and then get bored with it then move onto something else newer and just as disposable like kuva liches.

Bugs don't need to be fixed if no one plays it.  A resource doesn't need to be collected if no one uses it.  Seriously, I still have thermia left from the original event.  I also don't have either ephemera but since I don't want them in the first place that's a non-issue (for me).  This mentality sucks that is for sure, but at some point you have to recognize it is there so that you can chose to run your head into the wall or not.

A small glimmer of hope for you is that now with the arcane changes standing matters again and the exploiter orb is the best way to get it.  I'll certainly be taking my runs at the thing again, at least until I have the standing I need for the things I want.  I imagine I won't be the only player coming back to the orb fight.

I didnt even know I could solo Thermia fractures. I used Khora with 175 range and some duration. An Aksomati with a damage and crit riven and my infamous tekko prime.

Why keep farming the thermia? You get the thermia back after the fight. 

Just now, (NSW)Austee said:

Why keep farming the thermia? You get the thermia back after the fight. 

It's not guaranteed.

20 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It's not guaranteed.

Then I’m lucky?

i started off with 50. Have done it well over 60 times and just checked, I still have 50. 

I’ve noticed when in a squad if I don’t put the thermia in to start the fight I don’t loose any thermia nor do I get any back. But every time I’ve started the fight with my thermia I have gotten it back. 

DE doesn't care to fix any of it. They dont even have matchmaking for the fractures, niff said 

I don't think I've ever actually consumed any Thermia, whether I complete the fight, abort, crash, disconnect, whatever.  Are you supposed to?

Yup, just checked, still have the same amount I had when I got the Opticor Vandal.  I've not exactly hard farmed the Exploiter, but it's typically been my main source of Vox Solaris standing coupled with a resource booster.

The exploiter gives more rep than the profit one but it can take twice as long due choice if frame, game mecanics, bug encounter, or phases not spawning correctly. so everybody farm the exploiter instead. Sad face.

1 hour ago, elmetnuter said:

The exploiter gives more rep than the profit one but it can take twice as long due choice if frame, game mecanics, bug encounter, or phases not spawning correctly. so everybody farm the exploiter instead. Sad face.

actually (not to advertise my self) i farm profit in 4-5 mins solo and since i learned that i never did go back to exploiter since per hour i get more standing in form of toroids not to mention mods i can sell and credits
and that is not some high level stuff u just need to make some preparations and ur set to go rest is just practice

5 hours ago, (PS4)Astralwanderung said:

I know this boss is from an update that seems so distant in the past most people even forgot it exists. But still (after 6402706423 attempts, I'm still missing the Freezing Step Ephemera, so I'm still doing it)...

Let me say that I find the boss fight per se quite fun (althought after all this time I still am not sure if it's something I'm missing or a bug that when you throw Thermia at it in the outdoors phase, 90% of the times it does nothing, whether or not you shoot it and even though you control the Coolant Raknoids... I mostly just count on the meter to rise naturally, because even throwing ten canisters in a row has no impact). But the problem is not the fight... except for bugs.

That said, rant mode.

The embarassing things are two: one intentional, on DE's part, and the other unintentional. The unintentional one is, as said, bugs. These come in all forms. Half of the times, literally half, I get the no-HUD bug: whole fight, both underground and outdoors, with not a single HUD element except (thank the Gods) for the heat meter. That's the only thing that appears. And despite the hell that is aiming at Raknoids with no HUD, I manage to end the fight. With one exception: when the damn Corpus nearby decide to stick their nose in and start rising alert levels; unable to locate alarm antennae, I find myself overwhelmed by endless waves of enemies, and that ends in only one way. Not a good way.
Another bug, which is even worse, is when you try to get outdoors for the second phase and the door won't open, leaving you stuck in endless loading.
It's been months, and since release these bugs have seen no fixes.

Then there is the intentional thing, the one by design: you have to expend Thermia to fight the Exploiter Orb. A resource that is available often enough, but at the small prime of... a damned hellish ultra-boring mission that no one wants to do. I don't know how the situation is on pc, but on PS don't ever hope to find someone to share that boredom. You'll be alone doing those fractures, dying inside, wanting to do something else while waiting for them to end, but unable to because there are incessant hordes of relatively high-level enemies trying to break that canister and annoy you beyond reason. Even Limbo with minimum range and max duration won't have his abilities last long enough to save you from boredom. You just have to stay there and put attention in that awfully designed mission. Having to repeat the same hellish process FOUR times to get ONE Thermia.

This is an embarassing mess.

I consider myself lucky as I have never seen any of these bugs that you mention. I'd wager it's PC though, though I have a rather, difficult setup when it comes to optimization for most games.

I don't know what's going on with you and the Thermia, but I've got more Thermia than I started with when I started going after Exploiter during the original drop of her, and I haven't done a fissure since I got the Opticor Vandal.

Also, for throwing Thermia at Exploiter, it does something, just not something easily visible. I've fought Exploiter a bunch and have noticed that each time I hit her with a Thermia canister in Phase 2, the speed at which she heats up increases. Basically, the bar fills up faster the more Sunny D you give her.

(Can't believe I made a Sunny D joke, I'm getting old...)

4 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

I don't know what's going on with you and the Thermia, but I've got more Thermia than I started with when I started

Maybe it is a PS4 problem.  I play on PS4 (like the OP) and my thermia has been gradually depleted.  I'm not sure how many exploiter runs I've done, but I'm down to 13 thermia now after originally farming for the opticor on event release.

Just now, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

Maybe it is a PS4 problem.  I play on PS4 and my thermia has been gradually depleted.  I'm not sure how many exploiter runs I've done, but I'm down to 13 thermia now after originally farming for the opticor on event release.

If that is the case then I hope it gets fixed. Or changed. Really I'd just rather see the cost removed entirely. No point to it in my opinion. Just gate Exploiter behind completing a set number of fractures. Make it half of what was needed to get the Opticor Vandal and everything is fine, nobody loses their minds and life goes on. I've not done enough Exploiter runs, but I haven't needed to or felt the need to. I'm horrible at farming because I get distracted with a different shiny so easily.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Austee said:

Then I’m lucky?

i started off with 50. Have done it well over 60 times and just checked, I still have 50.

I’ve noticed when in a squad if I don’t put the thermia in to start the fight I don’t loose any thermia nor do I get any back. But every time I’ve started the fight with my thermia I have gotten it back.

You were lucky, I guess. Not only it *always* consumes it, for me, regardless of host or not, putting it in or not, etc., but I'll give you an additional Bugframe laugh: if I have no Thermia left and go start the bounty, I get a message that I must have Thermia nad then get stuck there. Can't do anything to escape, only closing Warframe and reopening.

If it's true that consumed Thermia is refunded on pc, then it's even worse (on DE's part). I too farmed Thermia for Opticor Vandal at release, and finished the last canister some months ago; now every time I want to fight Exploiter I have to do the damn fractures again (and alone).

It's not really a PS4 problem It was the resource booster that lasted longer on PC. PC was getting double the amount we PS4 were getting.

2 hours ago, Monolake said:

DE doesn't care to fix any of it.

Most of what they do are fixes, but can only fix so many things at a time.
They have to keep releasing things to make back the cost of development.
Oh, and budget is a pretty big hold up..

Not having fixes does not mean they're incompetent.. but if that's your opinion, I'll leave you to it.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

actually (not to advertise my self) i farm profit in 4-5 mins solo and since i learned that i never did go back to exploiter since per hour i get more standing in form of toroids not to mention mods i can sell and credits
and that is not some high level stuff u just need to make some preparations and ur set to go rest is just practice

Imma need to learn your ways sir/madam....

If there is any info you may share, I might actually give these a go finally. Bug reports (such as this Topic) have kept me from giant freaking 4 legged spider fights. This might change that even with bad bugs.

30 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Imma need to learn your ways sir/madam....

If there is any info you may share, I might actually give these a go finally. Bug reports (such as this Topic) have kept me from giant freaking 4 legged spider fights. This might change that even with bad bugs.

https://overframe.gg/build/11152/chroma-prime/chroma-prime-for-profit-taker-5-minutes-soloing-videos-by-zerox4/

I just want to point something out that makes life easy, the emphermas that drop here both suck.  Just refuse anything that requires constant grind and doesn't have a buy it now option.  Then you can enjoy Warframe for what it is, a mob shooter.  

I'm like you in that I never got freezing or electric after at least 10 tries, so I moved on.  If it comes up in nightwave (or a future sortie), I'll do it.  Other than that, your grinding for something that looks worse than many other commonly available emphermas.  Make your life easy and stop with completionists stuff. 

These items should be sold just like veil empherma from railjack, from same dang vendor to!  Sure keep them as free drops for the crazy, bit offer a 100k buy it price as well.  Since we get 12k torroids, that 8 runs for each empherma, 16 to buy them both.  Seems fair to me.  

I'm ok with grinds that have an ending, I hate unknown RNG grinds with a passion and just say no to DE on those.  

The canisters gradually increase the rate at which the Exploiter overheats. She heats up slower with each successive phase, so it takes more canisters in later phases. I’ve tried shooting the canisters just before they hit her, and it seems to make very little difference.

I've never had my thermia consumed from doing Exploiter, not sure why it would be consuming yours. 

I've only had the HUD glitch whenever I selected the mission from Eudico.

So now I only go straight out into Orb Vallis and then straight to bossfight to avoid that BS.

big spiders fight was the most horrible update to warframe. Nobody like this...a true knockdown simulator for nothing.

There was 1 time I remember after exploiter where my loot table said "-1 diluted thermia". But it doesnt happen a lot.

So something can take the Thermia I just dont know what.