Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired of reworks

ThumpumGood

On 2020-03-09 at 10:30 AM, ThumpumGood said:

I miss the days of games being complete when they enter the market and will just have to be patient for the day when it is complete.

I agree with you in general, but Warframe is not one of the problem children, because Warframe is using the old MMO model, and those were never complete. World of Warcraft is still incomplete to this very day, as just one example

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I agree with you in general, but Warframe is not one of the problem children, because Warframe is using the old MMO model, and those were never complete. World of Warcraft is still incomplete to this very day, as just one example

Everquest 1 is STILL incomplete about 20 years later and STILL getting updates and major changes. This is just the nature of MMO.

2 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

And here I am, thinking reworks and seeing stuff in constant evolution is what makes WF exciting.

This wouldnt be the Warframe forums if people only agreed, there must always have a contrarian.

5 hours ago, LascarCapable said:

And here I am, thinking reworks and seeing stuff in constant evolution is what makes WF exciting.

I am on this train.

Stagnate is boring and dying - Reworks are interesting and growing.

No one is forcing anyone to 'waste time' (the whole game does that), to play the game, to 're-do' things, or to 'get the best stuff' because the meta changed, other than personal brain chemistry.

If a game gives you heartburn, then it seems like a reasonable choice to avoid that pain, even if it means not playing the game for some period.

Games are meant to be fun, if you are not having fun, then perhaps another game would be better, it's not a hard formula.

Many of us enbrace change, even if the human condition is to prevent change at all costs most of the time, just look at the BS around daylight savings time.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-09 at 7:30 PM, ThumpumGood said:

Before I start, I am NOT bashing DE or the game. Im speaking my mind and giving a point of view the devs may not have heard or considered.

Im exhausted by having to rethink frames I was done setting up to be meta for me and my playstyle.  Even though I understand maintaining a balance, it still frustrates me. I also understand that with the advent of new programming, hardware and just keeping things fresh, updates and reworks happen. It still doesn't change the gnawing idea that it isnt worth my time to go through all of the leveling, testing and hours of playing to get the frame or weapon to where it's just right for me because, more than likely, they will be reworked. Within 'ME', it kills the desire to play. As I said in the beginning, this is NOT bashing DE or the game. I love the game. It's the only game of this type I have ever enjoyed. And just as a frame of reference, I've been playing PC games since they were text based games. 

I also realize Warframe is actually still a Beta and wont be out of Beta until there is MR30. I still plan on playing Warframe, spending money to support the game and having fun with it. But not until the point where I see it as no longer being Beta.  To keep from allowing something that I have no control over from causing me anguish, Im just going to wait it out and return after MR30 is possible. Im still logging in almost every day and will continue to do so. I miss the days of games being complete when they enter the market and will just have to be patient for the day when it is complete.

The only reason I posted this is that I have been asked by all of my WF friends in discord and Im getting tired of answering the same question over and over. Now I can just tell them to read the post/link it in the discord channels.  Last time, This is NOT bashing DE or the game. This is just an explanation of why Im not currently playing. Take it as negatively as you like but your negative take is wrong.

Same boat  ,OP ,but tbh im mad! I cant believe how this game started to push me back from it after 6 years of playing, cuz of changes that are really not needed, just to fit players "desires" for "challenge"..... The time and resources that have been putted for all this could be used for really great ideas/projects but... here we are. The game is total mess imo and theres no turning back. I was really addicted to it and this is the only game i was playing for so long with such a huge love, but something started to make me feel sick of it. + i dont have so much time to spent for the stupid grind. On top of that the community sucks! Its swarmed with whiteknights, rude greedy pathetic traders , people with stupid desires, philosophers/copycats  for every aspect of the game for which you are not allowed to play differently and more and more and more... If someone feels ofended here well... I dont care! Anyway i became what i am solo and you are probably one of the reasons i feel like that and started to be rude so F.y.

5 hours ago, Aesthier said:

It is not the reworks that frustrate me so much as the way they tend to go about them.

Erasing old content to drop new content in its place instead of just expanding on the end of the current content.

Out of curiosity, what old content being erased are you referring to? My first thought is the gas city

I learned one lesson after playing this game for 7 years. It's called detatchment. Do not cling to equipment of any kind.

Looks like OP author is dicovering this about frames. About guns, it's much more obvious.

Nothing in this game is written in stone. Things change. May not look consistent to you, but it's your point of view. If you truly like this game, you will return. Or adapt. Looks like removing people of their comfort zones is part of the game too...

• Like 1

Here's my tips to use "adaptive" builds :

1. Get all mods/frame/weapons available and some catalysts/formas to spare but don't invest them all in one type of weapon or frame.
  2. Not investing any catalyst nor forma to the current meta that I'm still not sure if DE will nerf it soon (Too Strong, Too Glitchy... etc).
  3. Use "Almost" meta builds but not meta. It lives longer without major changes (nerfs) .
  4. Use non-popular frame/gears if possible, perfect for evading data-miner bots from spying on player's meta. Focus on the objectives, If the enemy HP is 100, you don't need to deal 99,999 damage to kill them.
  5. Do a bit more research on the internet about current meta (and how to apply "almost-meta" builds).

Finally,
Here's my tips when I get Exhausted with Warframe.

1. Go to the living quarter or somewhere quiet in the Dojo
  2. Pull out my Shawzin
  3. Play
  4. press Alt + F4

It works, trust me 😄

• Like 1