Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Forma's craft time from 24 hours to 23 hours

Zahnny

22 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

I've had this problem as well, so I'll see if we can reduce it by at least an hour to make scheduling easier. 

I'd say 12 or 18 hours would be the best choice, it would give more wiggle room for people low on time and it would result in no more than 1 forma craft per session, except in the most rare and extreme cases at 12 hours.

• Like 2

I fail to see what a 24 hours build time on forma accomplishes asides from creating frustrations. 

You need countless formas to build all weapons, you need even more if you build a dojo, then there's the gazillion formas you need to put on weapons, plus all those you need to craft other stuff like exilus adaptors.

That 24 hours timer just sucks. It should be six hours, maybe 12, so you can at least get a few built per day.

Like, I need 70 plus formas just for Kuva weapons, this means it'll take me two and a half months of logging in everyday to have enough. How many games expect this much work and dedication ?

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

On 2020-03-09 at 2:29 PM, [DE]Drew said:

I've had this problem as well, so I'll see if we can reduce it by at least an hour to make scheduling easier. 

We have been asking for this change to forma for years. Let's not pretend this is the first time you have heard this suggestion.

EDIT: Here's a thread I posted in from 2018: 

Here's another thread from 2016: 

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

On 2020-03-09 at 5:34 PM, Redfeather75 said:

Now I understand why elder scrolls online has 20 hour cooldown on stuff. I never thought of this before.

Many games use a 20 or 22 hour mobile timer to allow players to keep regular schedules that account for delays, just like in real life. DE has never had such courtesy and even when copying mobile time gating mechanics they have never understood why allowing players to make small adjustments to their daily routine is important.

I understand that DE is a business and making build timers slightly inconvenient is important to encourage impulse purchases of forma from the store, but for the dedicated players that have been crafting forma for years the 24 hour build time was yet another sign of the disconnect DE has with their own community.

By the way, the alternative request has always been to queue up additional forma while the first is building as this would prevent players from losing time when one finishes and the next begins. This also fixes several problems with build timers in general as players would still need to login daily but could have their next builds prepared and ready to go for more than just forma.

EDIT: And yes, this applies to other aspects of Warframe, such as the Mastery Rank tests.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

• 2 weeks later...

Got a few people messaging me about this so I figured I'd post to say I'm aware of it.

6 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:

In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.

Why: 
When building Forma or another similar item, having a 24-hour limit meant that players who signed on at a regular time would see some delays in when an item was ready. We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time, and by making it 23 hours, they can grab their completed item and start another build without upsetting their routine. P.S don’t forget about the Mobile app!

❤️ DE

• Like 1

Just make it 12 hours, it incentivizes people to play the game more and rewards people who build every 12 hours.  I doubt it's going to change though since they sell a lot of forma bundles and such since people run out of forma then buy more immediately if their frame/weapon isn't done yet.  

On 2020-03-09 at 11:15 PM, Zahnny said:

One thing that has always bothered me about Forma crafting is if you're obtaining one from your foundry every day or as close to that as possible, it can almost feel punishing if you don't begin crafting the next forma immedietly. As it constantly pushes the next forma slightly later the following day. Making a routine pretty tedious as the only fix is to either skip, or waste an entire day that could be used to craft a forma.

If instead of 24 hours exact, it was changed to something slightly more generous like 23 hours it would give more room for error and prevent the buildup of time going against players. A one hour difference won't suddenly make forma crafting OP, or something redundant like that, and it may also quell the requests to build forma in bulk.

Wow! So you are the culprit/inspiration behind this change? 

• 1 month later...

Let's add tiers to blueprints just like relics. Feed Void Traces into the blue prints to halve their crafting time (up to rank 3). A rank 3 8 hour specter blueprint will then take 1 hour to craft. Doesn't that sound great? I mean why not? It's just as arbitrary as having long crafting times in the first place, no?

The advantages are numerous... DE keeps the long crafting times, but players have a free way to reduce crafting time by spending lots more time playing the game (doubly, because you can farm for plat to rush the builds too!).

Before this 23h change I had to start the build around 1am which i didn't do at this time and waited the morning or later I forget sometimes to check the app.

I think some build times should be revised which I don't have in mind now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-10 at 1:45 AM, Zahnny said:

One thing that has always bothered me about Forma crafting is if you're obtaining one from your foundry every day or as close to that as possible, it can almost feel punishing if you don't begin crafting the next forma immedietly. As it constantly pushes the next forma slightly later the following day. Making a routine pretty tedious as the only fix is to either skip, or waste an entire day that could be used to craft a forma.

If instead of 24 hours exact, it was changed to something slightly more generous like 23 hours it would give more room for error and prevent the buildup of time going against players. A one hour difference won't suddenly make forma crafting OP, or something redundant like that, and it may also quell the requests to build forma in bulk.

Dude! Your wish came true! Forma craft time is now 23 hours!

Edit:

Just realised it was implemented some time ago... woops.

Edited by Jemmies

8 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

YOU are the reason why forma is 23 now? why not 20 or 12 ? REEEEEEEE

It wasn't my place to ask and I didn't much care for trying to advocate it. It's a feature everyone, myself included would like but it wasn't what the point I was making was about.

The point I had making this thread was I didn't like how you had to pick up forma as soon as it was built because it causes a build up of excess time over a long period. And I've gotten that goal done. If anyone else wants to advocate further I won't hold you back. I just feel asking for further reductions would make myself (not you, myself) feel ungrateful for this change. As far as I'm concerned my "mission" for this thread has been achieved and I have no further interest in pursuing things further.

Again, this is only for myself feel free to continue but as for myself I'm not having a continued part in it.