Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I took a nearly 2 year break and i'd like a rundown of the biggest changes

Htioki

Question

I used to play warframe alot since it's early days. I took a break because of college and the break turned out longer than i wanted it to. Now i'm coming back and i see alot of new stuff that's confusing me like kuva weapons and arcanes. I think the newest thing that had come out before i took my break was Harrow so yes i missed alot. I'd just like a brief explaination of kuva weapons,arcanes and whatever "empyrean" is. Also what storyline quests should i prioritize to get back into the game the fastest?

7 answers to this question

Hey welcome back home tenno ^.^ 

The kuva liches are specials grineer nemesis that can be created when you stab a kuva larvling on grineer map higher than level 20 ( just go cassini its almost guaranteed if you want one ). They control star chart parts steal your ressources and give them all back once you convert( they become your friends ^.^ ) or kill them. When you kill them you get their weapons aka Kuva weapons. To kill them you must have parazon mods from requiem relics that can be found on kuva floods and kuva siphons. You crack them on the kuva fortress with the proper fissure ^.^ 

Have fun ^.^

Empyrean is the whole railjack thingy you can build the dry dock in your dojo and to the rising tide quest to build your own space war ship ^.^ ( price for building just happen to be reduced and not for limited time ... batteries not included )

Or you can hop on fellow tenno railjack !

If you want more precise intel just ask i'm just trying to not make a death wall of text.

I'm Trunks the typo guy btw ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

Arcanes:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Enhancement

Empyrean:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Empyrean

This is part of a bigger picture leading to the new war(lore) with the sentients.

Kuva lich(lore) and weapons dropped by them.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich/Main

As for questlines 

Complete the following:

The second Dream

the war within

Rising tide

New war arc

Edited by MakeItAlive28
  • Like 1

• New Warframes
    • Gara. Glass-themed frame, constant damage reduction, zone control, damage in sharp strikes and wide areas.
    • Khora. Traps, ensares, whips and an extra Kavat who assists you in combat.
    • Revenant. Deflect hits, whoosh around vampire-style, converts enemies into your thrall, laser merry-go-round damage.
    • Baruuk. Damage reduction for days, abilities to ignore damage, disarm enemies, sleep them or just go ham and punch them with waves of force.
    • Hildryn. Shield-based tank/support, deals damage, stagger/suspends enemies, grants Energy, buffs allies and hovers with the power of Shields.
    • Wisp. Sly and nimble, plant buff reservoirs, teleport around, draw enemy fire and open a portal to the f*cking SUN. Stay airborne to stay unseen.
    • Gauss. Fast boi. Really fast. Runs fast. Shoots fast. Too fast for your bullets to dent him. Enemies are slow.
    • Grendel. Beefy boi. Eats enemies, gets swol, spits 'em out, goes Morph Ball.
    • Excalibur Umbra. The wait is over.
  • Major Warframe Reworks
    • Ember. More defense, more casting. Better against Armor.
    • Wukong. Summons a twin, cloudwalk is now cloudrun, is regularly invincible.
    • Vauban. Bastille and Vortex combined, new Mines, Teslas are now also rollers and he's got a giant space laser of doom.
    • Nezha. Halo is now a DR, extra Chakram synergy, Firewalker is no longer a toggle.
    • Saryn. Spores now have infinite duration and scale up and down. Her 2 has a speed boost and her 3 no longer returns Energy but has a much longer duration.
  • Minor Warframe Changes
    • Zephyr. Tailwind and Divebomb combined, new ability in Air Burst.
    • Chroma. Vex Armor is recastable. Scream, Effigy and nearby allies are buffed by Vex Armor.
  • Game Mode/Feature releases
    • Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis (Fortuna). Vast free-roam locales with mission instances spread out across the land called Bounties. New standing from new factions associated.
      • Custom-craftable weapons, Amps and MOA companions
    • Eidolon bossfights
    • Orb Mother bossfights.
    • Kuva Liches. Custom nemeses that are difficult to kill. Attack their Thralls, learn Lich secrets and find a way around their immortality to snag their exclusive weapons.
    • Railjack. Make a full-on battle-ready starship and do some free-space dogfights with a team of Tenno. Man the guns, do piloting maneuvers, slingshot out in Archwing to take down larger ships and space stations from the inside. Space Ninjas!
    • Various quests, lore-heavy mini-quests and such. (Sacrifice, New War and all them goodies)
  • New Weapons
    • Lots. Too many to list.
  • Gameplay/Stats changes
    • Arbitration missions: high level, semi-permanent death
    • Onslaught: changing locations and enemies, just keep killing as fast you can
    • Disruption: random conditions are added to the game by points in the map. you Defend these points from special enemies that seek to destroy them.
    • Riven power level is now reviewed and rebalanced 4 times a year. (Melee Rivens are still excepted.) Stronger variants of a weapon family have weaker dispositions than weaker ones, but can use the same Rivens.
    • Melee has been changed significantly.
      • Stances altered
      • Channeling removed
      • Combo is earned, spent with Heavy Attacks
      • Many weapons rebalanced (mostly huge buffs)
      • Crit valued massively increased
    • Arcanes now go up to Rank 5, have been rebalanced, and can't be double-stacked on a single loadout.
    • Enemy Armor scaling changed (no longer as silly at high levels)
    • Shields now provide 25%DR (us and enemies) and gate one-shot damage with a few exceptions
    • Status rework
      • Bunch of new status effects
      • Several status effects now have a stacking mechanic
      • Shotguns no longer have 100%SC per pellet if you bump SC to 100%
Edited by SenorClipClop

MakeItAlive28 really spells it out pretty good. Use the links - there's that much.

I returened after leaving about the time they introduced open world on earth. Cetus/Plains of Eidolon are still a pain up the (neck), but you need to rank with both the normal faction (Ostron) and then the secret faction (Quills) to build a good AMP - and you need to have done all the dream, 2nd dream, etc quests.

All of the weapons, warframes, mods, will be different, a lot of augment mods - check out the syndicates terminal in your ship for a sample

Railjack is tough to get into, but the new quest coming out now is all about it - but you have to have your aforementioned AMP, and also Archwing developed for it as well.

Venus open world (Fortuna) should be seen as optional, but ranking up some and exploring are kindof worth doing - eventually there's some really premium stuff there.

Your Parazon and liches and kuva fortress and kuva liches - mmm - there's a lot. Don't mercy kill anyone who won't die or you may make a lich - you won't be ready for that yet (personal nemesis, special quests and farming to deal with)

I would say get in with a well-populated clan so you can team with knowlegable players - catchup will not be intuitive. Read the wiki as you encounter schtuff.

G'luck!  :redveil:

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

Hey welcome back home tenno ^.^ 

The kuva liches are specials grineer nemesis that can be created when you stab a kuva larvling on grineer map higher than level 20 ( just go cassini its almost guaranteed if you want one ). They control star chart parts steal your ressources and give them all back once you convert( they become your friends ^.^ ) or kill them. When you kill them you get their weapons aka Kuva weapons. To kill them you must have parazon mods from requiem relics that can be found on kuva floods and kuva siphons. You crack them on the kuva fortress with the proper fissure ^.^ 

Have fun ^.^

Empyrean is the whole railjack thingy you can build the dry dock in your dojo and to the rising tide quest to build your own space war ship ^.^ ( price for building just happen to be reduced and not for limited time ... batteries not included )

Or you can hop on fellow tenno railjack !

If you want more precise intel just ask i'm just trying to not make a death wall of text.

I'm Trunks the typo guy btw ^.^ 

Thanks so much, Can't wait to get back into it.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:
  • New Warframes
    • Gara. Glass-themed frame, constant damage reduction, zone control, damage in sharp strikes and wide areas.
    • Khora. Traps, ensares, whips and an extra Kavat who assists you in combat.
    • Revenant. Deflect hits, whoosh around vampire-style, converts enemies into your thrall, laser merry-go-round damage.
    • Baruuk. Damage reduction for days, abilities to ignore damage, disarm enemies, sleep them or just go ham and punch them with waves of force.
    • Hildryn. Shield-based tank/support, deals damage, stagger/suspends enemies, grants Energy, buffs allies and hovers with the power of Shields.
    • Wisp. Sly and nimble, plant buff reservoirs, teleport around, draw enemy fire and open a portal to the f*cking SUN. Stay airborne to stay unseen.
    • Gauss. Fast boi. Really fast. Runs fast. Shoots fast. Too fast for your bullets to dent him. Enemies are slow.
    • Grendel. Beefy boi. Eats enemies, gets swol, spits 'em out, goes Morph Ball.
    • Excalibur Umbra. The wait is over.
  • Major Warframe Reworks
    • Ember. More defense, more casting. Better against Armor.
    • Wukong. Summons a twin, cloudwalk is now cloudrun, is regularly invincible.
    • Vauban. Bastille and Vortex combined, new Mines, Teslas are now also rollers and he's got a giant space laser of doom.
    • Nezha. Halo is now a DR, extra Chakram synergy, Firewalker is no longer a toggle.
    • Saryn. Spores now have infinite duration and scale up and down. Her 2 has a speed boost and her 3 no longer returns Energy but has a much longer duration.
  • Minor Warframe Changes
    • Zephyr. Tailwind and Divebomb combined, new ability in Air Burst.
    • Chroma. Vex Armor is recastable. Scream, Effigy and nearby allies are buffed by Vex Armor.
  • Game Mode/Feature releases
    • Plains of Eidolon and Orb Vallis (Fortuna). Vast free-roam locales with mission instances spread out across the land called Bounties. New standing from new factions associated.
      • Custom-craftable weapons, Amps and MOA companions
    • Eidolon bossfights
    • Orb Mother bossfights.
    • Kuva Liches. Custom nemeses that are difficult to kill. Attack their Thralls, learn Lich secrets and find a way around their immortality to snag their exclusive weapons.
    • Railjack. Make a full-on battle-ready starship and do some free-space dogfights with a team of Tenno. Man the guns, do piloting maneuvers, slingshot out in Archwing to take down larger ships and space stations from the inside. Space Ninjas!
    • Various quests, lore-heavy mini-quests and such. (Sacrifice, New War and all them goodies)
  • New Weapons
    • Lots. Too many to list.
  • Gameplay/Stats changes
    • Arbitration missions: high level, semi-permanent death
    • Onslaught: changing locations and enemies, just keep killing as fast you can
    • Disruption: random conditions are added to the game by points in the map. you Defend these points from special enemies that seek to destroy them.
    • Riven power level is now reviewed and rebalanced 4 times a year. (Melee Rivens are still excepted.) Stronger variants of a weapon family have weaker dispositions than weaker ones, but can use the same Rivens.
    • Melee has been changed significantly.
      • Stances altered
      • Channeling removed
      • Combo is earned, spent with Heavy Attacks
      • Many weapons rebalanced (mostly huge buffs)
      • Crit valued massively increased
    • Arcanes now go up to Rank 5, have been rebalanced, and can't be double-stacked on a single loadout.
    • Enemy Armor scaling changed (no longer as silly at high levels)
    • Shields now provide 25%DR (us and enemies) and gate one-shot damage with a few exceptions
    • Status rework
      • Bunch of new status effects
      • Several status effects now have a stacking mechanic
      • Shotguns no longer have 100%SC per pellet if you bump SC to 100%

wow thanks this really helped. So many smaller changes i would've missed. Thanks so much!

• Like 1