Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would I be wrong to say that the most asked for warframe is spider themed?

It seems like people are constantly, and I mean on a daily basis, pumping out arachnid themed warframe concepts. I saw it numerous times on that community-made frame post as well. I dare say more than anything else. And this has been going on for years it seems. So, the question in my mind is: What gives? It seems obvious that it's the most requested, yet it never makes its way into the game for some reason. And honestly, I'm totally down for spider-frame too. The purpose of this post isn't to promote it, so I won't add any of my own concepts or anything. It's just surprising to me that DE hasn't done it yet. I mean it's gotta be that or werewolf themed for most asked for. I'm not personally quite as enthusiastic of beast-form frames.

Anybody else have thoughts on this? Am I totally wrong or do you have a good thought? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Khora is an evil cat lady with a whip and what looks like hair buns: H A R D  P A S S

No, she's a total spider and uses only keeps that cat around so she can have a brain to feast on when enemies are not available.

• Like 2

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

No, she's a total spider and uses only keeps that cat around so she can have a brain to feast on when enemies are not available.

8 legs: false

bug abdomen: false

web slinging tied to mobility: false

poisonous/toxic bite: false

Charlotte's web reference: false

Bug eyes: false

Eater of puny male spiders during reproduction: false

Do I need to go on?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

1: 8 legs: false

2: bug abdomen: false

3: web slinging tied to mobility: false

4: poisonous/toxic bite: false

5: Charlotte's web reference: false

6: Bug eyes: false

7: Eater of puny male spiders during reproduction: false

Do I need to go on?

1: Add Venari's Limbs and you have 8 total limbs. Close enough.

2: Yes, actually yes. Not joking with this one, the skirt on her back is absolutely reference to an abdomen.

3: Ensnare and Strangledome are webesque abilities providing mobility... to enemies.

4:

rGApme5.png

5: Trash tier book.

6: Can't see under that helmet, could have 6 under there for all you know, which when counted alongside Venari's is spider eyes.

7: That you know of.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

crab-spider.jpg

Thank you for putting that in a spoiler, assuming it's an actual spider and not a meme. Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

Time frame.

Definitely the one I've seen the most.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 10

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Architect Prime:

Anybody else have thoughts on this? Am I totally wrong or do you have a good thought? 

There are also many who ask for a summoner frame.

Actually I did even see some alchemist ideas. There weren't many, but the most of them have around 2-4 likes.

Spiders are not the most asked for Warframe type. They are common though.

From experience the most asked for frame is actually generic. You have to group them under themes, not specifics.

The most commonly asked for frames are categorised as 'something we already have, but different'. For example, a 'swordsman' frame that's better than Excal because his abilities are all about using melee only.

The second most asked for frame is loosely categorised as 'having a non-humanoid model', with examples being a werewolf/arachne style of frame that transforms in some way.

More specific themes of frames beyond that have much lower rates of suggestion.

If I had to be cynical though, the most suggested and asked for Warframe is to rework an existing frame into something completely different because the 'theme' for that frame has been done wrong.

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Birdframe_Prime:

If I had to be cynical though, the most suggested and asked for Warframe is to rework an existing frame into something completely different because the 'theme' for that frame has been done wrong.

Me looking over to my Ash who use a smoke bomb which doesn't use smoke.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The second most asked for frame is loosely categorised as 'having a non-humanoid model', with examples being a werewolf/arachne style of frame that transforms in some way.

I'm a quite active user of the fan concepts section and I can say Lycamtrope takes the cake by far in the shape shifter category.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

More specific themes of frames beyond that have much lower rates of suggestion.

I saw quite a engineer with a turret warframes , probably the most common sugestion outside of existing theme with diferent skills take. They are probably going to die out with the realase of a team fortress engineer on warframe ( dispenser amd turret ).

As far as spider themed Warframe are concerned I like this one

arachne_2_1_by_masternomad1234_ddn3ozm-f

Here the artist 

https://www.deviantart.com/masternomad1234/art/Arachne-2-1-824863810

• Like 1