Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus second ability

Mazrou

i was just wondering why the second ability color for nidus doesnt change even if i had changed all the colors is it bugged ? also the color of the stacks in different warframes they match the energy color like wukong as an example but the situation with nidus is different :S

• Like 1

Have you used a Forma on your Nidus? "Emissive" only affects the energy colors of all the little energy lights on your frame, while "Energy" only affects the colors of your abilities. You unlock another "Energy" color after you've applied at least 1 Forma to a frame, which will allow you to color both portions of your ability colors.

Edited by Ailith

1 minute ago, Ailith said:

Have you used a Forma on your Nidus? "Emissive" only affects the energy colors of all the little energy lights on your frame, while "Energy" affects the colors of your abilities. You unlock another "Energy" color after you've applied at least 1 Forma to a frame, which will allow you to color both portions of your ability colors.

Yeah i did i changed the 2 Emissive colors, the ability still shows a black/grey + purple and a little bit of the energy color which is hardly noticed.

No, this is what I mean. "Emissive" only changes the energy colors on the body of your warframe (basically it acts in a similar way to Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, and Accents). "Energy" only affects the colors of the particle effects of your abilities.

All frames use 2 Energy colors for their abilities, but you can only change one of them by default (left image, Nidus). In order to unlock the second energy color, you have to use a Forma on your warframe (right image, Nyx Prime).

Check out the wiki page to learn more about Forma: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Forma

1DxG1RV.jpg

Edited by Ailith

18 hours ago, Ailith said:

No, this is what I mean. "Emissive" only changes the energy colors on the body of your warframe (basically it acts in a similar way to Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, and Accents). "Energy" only affects the colors of the particle effects of your abilities.

All frames use 2 Energy colors for their abilities, but you can only change one of them by default (left image, Nidus). In order to unlock the second energy color, you have to use a Forma on your warframe (right image, Nyx Prime).

Check out the wiki page to learn more about Forma: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Forma

1DxG1RV.jpg

khje0kf.jpg

it's already changed, see how the ability has a different color

G35IRlV.jpg

A3UGbw4.jpg

5BqwtqJ.jpg

that dark purple/pink color is annoying 🙃

Hey there, Nidus main here.

I can tell you that it is not bugged. The tentacle mass does not take on your color channels, they always use Nidus' default purple/grey/tan. That's just how its always been unfortunately. The wriggling maggot nests from Ravenous used to use the default colors like larva but for some reason were updated to use your warframe's colors after the fact but they didn't do this for anything else.

Also, when you use his 3, the infested gore that covers you & your target while linked always has a deep red energy color and will not change no matter what. There are even a few parts that use generic orange infested particles instead of using your energy colors... His entire kit has a ton of graphical issues and oversights. I wish they would just update it and let your colors affect the grey goo that comes out of his 1 & 4 also.

What is currently bugged though are the ropes of infested flesh that come out of his 4 when cast, they're supposed to use your energy colors but for months now they have just been white. Reported it, nothing has been done yet though.

Anywho, forgive the rant. I notice these things every day when I play Nidus. lol

Edited by xcrimsonlegendx
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Hey there, Nidus main here.

I can tell you that it is not bugged. The tentacle mass does not take on your color channels, they always use Nidus' default purple/grey/tan. That's just how its always been unfortunately. The wriggling maggot nests from Ravenous used to use the default colors like larva but for some reason were updated to use your warframe's colors after the fact but they didn't do this for anything else.

Also, when you use his 3, the infested gore that covers you & your target while linked always has a deep red energy color and will not change no matter what. There are even a few parts that use generic orange infested particles instead of using your energy colors... His entire kit has a ton of graphical issues and oversights. I wish they would just update it and let your colors affect the grey goo that comes out of his 1 & 4 also.

What is currently bugged though are the ropes of infested flesh that come out of his 4 when cast, they're supposed to use your energy colors but for months now they have just been white. Reported it, nothing has been done yet though.

Anywho, forgive the rant. I notice these things every day when I play Nidus. lol

I see, hopefully they will fix it someday but from what i see they are working on bigger things now maybe this will be revisited later.

• Like 1