Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failure

I can really say that I really hate seeing that "mission failed" screen.

I know that it's never a wanted thing, but I think for me, the feeling is worse.

One thing that I really hate is that I put all that time and work into clearing a mission (mainly with endless missions but also generally with any type of mission) only to go empty because when a mission fails, you don't get any rewards and no extra affinity.

When this happens, it feels like the time I put in got wasted.

There will be some saying I should take this as a learning experience. But to me, it doesn't feel as rewarding as a completed mission does (makes me sound ungrateful, right?)

Anyways anyone's 2 cents are welcome (I don't think I'm gonna reply much tho)

• Like 1

If there were still laugh reactions I would use it.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

but I think for me, the feeling is worse.

It's literally the same for everyone. That's the intention. 

There's things you're supposed to do to reduce its occurrence:

- Come prepared. Don't expect to use your favorite frame on every mission and hope the rest of the team carries you. No, bringing OP frames with meme weapons is NOT being "prepared" throughout 90% of the game. 

- Don't focus on killing while thinking everyone else will handle the objective. 

- Get better mods, try different configurations and experiment with different play styles/ strategies. While it's popular and convenient, speed running is not the answer to everything. 

These are what i've seen is the cause of almost every failure in this game. Don't be a statistic. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

But to me, it doesn't feel as rewarding as a completed mission does

That's because it isn't.

Are we like, discovering basic emotions or something, because boy that's a trip.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 31

mainly with endless missions but also generally with any type of mission

Right, so... you blunder to stay in a survival for 5 minutes ? Unless, you're almost out of revives, then you obviously should extract.
If you fail miserably, don't expect to be rewarded.

Edited by Fellas92
  • Like 4

The closest thing I've ever heard to an 'upbeat' failure screen was the Mega Man 3 one.

And it's been noted by some that they feel this upbeat melody is mocking them.

You failed. Rewards are given for success. This is a game - a consequence-free failure zone. Don't feel sorry for yourself - be better next time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

The closest thing I've ever heard to an 'upbeat' failure screen was the Mega Man 3 one.

And it's been noted by some that they feel this upbeat melody is mocking them.

You failed. Rewards are given for success. This is a game - a consequence-free failure zone. Don't feel sorry for yourself - be better next time.

Best game over meme. 

I think this thread's turning into a compilation of good game over tracks. 

Spoiler

Another of my favorites because Gears end quotes made you feel like you messed up. 

34 minutes ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

If you failed, you failed. It's supposed to feel like a punishment.

Except in Railjack where if you fail, you're awarded any Intrinsics you've gained before doing so.

Versus aborting a mission in Railjack where you aren't awarded anything.

7 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I can really say that I really hate seeing that "mission failed" screen.

I know that it's never a wanted thing, but I think for me, the feeling is worse.

One thing that I really hate is that I put all that time and work into clearing a mission (mainly with endless missions but also generally with any type of mission) only to go empty because when a mission fails, you don't get any rewards and no extra affinity.

When this happens, it feels like the time I put in got wasted.

There will be some saying I should take this as a learning experience. But to me, it doesn't feel as rewarding as a completed mission does (makes me sound ungrateful, right?)

Anyways anyone's 2 cents are welcome (I don't think I'm gonna reply much tho)

So you make a public post and avoid responding...why? If you didn't want to respond to anyone at all, you wouldn't have made this post. It just sounds like a bad excuse to ignore people. As for failing missions, it happens, its supposed to feel like you failed. Learn from it, and move on, how hard is it to comprehend that failing is supposed to feel like failure?

• Like 1

Let me look at my checklist...

So what do we have there:

4 revives - check

Even the Kuva Liches can no longer beat your gloriuos a** by force killing you - check

Literally one shotting everything - check

The game afraid to become remotely challenging 90% of the time - check

You can be so inaccurate you can fire a high explosive rocket under you feet and no longer take any damage - check

Inability to literrally lose - still isn't there! What an outrage!

Petition to disable losing in Warframe or I quit the game!

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Actually I'd like to see mission failed screen way more often coz warframe is so easy I forget that thing even exists.

It's not quite the same, but if you abort, it at least says "Mission Failed" at the rewards screen. 

• Like 2

Its supposed to feel bad so if you dont like it its functioning properly. If you cant bear with that feeling, try to not fail. If you still cant do that you need to fail more so you can get used to it. Its like going on toilet at 2.am when mum is sleeping. Keep it up and one day you will make it.

Or you can try to make DE to patch failure out of warframe to make it more save game for everyone.