Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failure

17 hours ago, Talinthis said:

you can fail a mission?

Yeah, at least in Spy missions if you trip an alarm and can't get to the console fast enough to save the data three times in a row, you can.

I'm terrible at Spy missions.

Edited by Galoain

19 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

But to me, it doesn't feel as rewarding as a completed mission does (makes me sound ungrateful, right?)

Pretty sure that's the point.

Imo it should stay as it is, if you fail, you fail, that's it. Plus, the game is already too easy for most part...

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Fellas92:

Right, so... you blunder to stay in a survival for 5 minutes ? Unless, you're almost out of revives, then you obviously should extract.
If you fail miserably, don't expect to be rewarded.

It's mainly about defense, when the rest of the group pulls out at the last moment, leaving me alone (usually beyond wave 10).

THo I generally hate it when I'm well into a mission and it fails because of some stupid reason.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

It's mainly about defense, when the rest of the group pulls out at the last moment, leaving me alone (usually beyond wave 10).

THo I generally hate it when I'm well into a mission and it fails because of some stupid reason.

So, you're telling us that you can't do defense missions past 10 alone ? That's even more sad to be honest. You clearly need to improve your playstyle. However, since you made this post, I really doubt you'll manage to do that.

Edited by Fellas92

52 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

You've got two options: pay more attention during that screen, or Git Gud.

9869cfdc4528619a4a1fd546e6d00b9a.jpg

• Like 1

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ErydisTheLucario:

So you make a public post and avoid responding...why? If you didn't want to respond to anyone at all, you wouldn't have made this post. It just sounds like a bad excuse to ignore people. As for failing missions, it happens, its supposed to feel like you failed. Learn from it, and move on, how hard is it to comprehend that failing is supposed to feel like failure?

It was kind of a venting post - tho maybe it's more of a spoiled brat throwing a temper tantrum.

I don't really have much to add that hasn't been already said.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb Fellas92:

So, you're telling us that you can't do defense missions past 10 alone ? That's even more sad to be honest. You clearly need to improve your playstyle. However, since you made this post, I really doubt you'll manage to do that.

I have issues, I won't lie. It has to do with certain preferences I have.

And please understand when I much rather wouldn't elaborate since I've already got myself into hot water with it.

In addition, I have the talent to make things go from bad to worse the more I talk.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-09 at 5:46 PM, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I can really say that I really hate seeing that "mission failed" screen.

I know that it's never a wanted thing, but I think for me, the feeling is worse.

One thing that I really hate is that I put all that time and work into clearing a mission (mainly with endless missions but also generally with any type of mission) only to go empty because when a mission fails, you don't get any rewards and no extra affinity.

When this happens, it feels like the time I put in got wasted.

There will be some saying I should take this as a learning experience. But to me, it doesn't feel as rewarding as a completed mission does (makes me sound ungrateful, right?)

Anyways anyone's 2 cents are welcome (I don't think I'm gonna reply much tho)

It does feel like a waste doesnt it, but it cannot be as much of a waste compared to the time we put into playing games that mean nothing to the future of our lives. Games and the rewards within are about as meaningful as the impact they have on our lives. They're merely just tools for entertainment for the time being. It's hard not to let yourself down after seeing that fail screen, but it's just a screen. Just an indication for that one mission. Not a representation of who you are as a person. Don't weigh things that are meaningless more heavily than the things that really matter, and what matters is your own opinion about yourself. Success or failure does not make the person. It's what the person does with that success or failure that matters. You got this!

over the years and 16k missions 150ish fails and 500 quits its pretty hard to fail missions in this game unless you do it on purpose once you get up there with mods. If after all those fails at the start of playing this game and you still have not figured out modding and still fail regularly its probably not the games fault at that point.

A good chunk of my fails was me being a derp, something bugging or enemies one shotting a target. Well also Kuva/Lua rescue sortie if I derp hard for some reason that day.

vor 53 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Dex Xean:

over the years and 16k missions 150ish fails and 500 quits its pretty hard to fail missions in this game unless you do it on purpose once you get up there with mods. If after all those fails at the start of playing this game and you still have not figured out modding and still fail regularly its probably not the games fault at that point.

A good chunk of my fails was me being a derp, something bugging or enemies one shotting a target. Well also Kuva/Lua rescue sortie if I derp hard for some reason that day.

Doing high level missions (not even sortie level) solo does at times mean that victory is not assured (stuff like the highest level Rathuum or Kuva survival). I know that's not really speaking in my favor and I know I have issues in certain areas.

Tho as I said, it feels like I'm wasting time doing some mission to be met with failure.

And as I don't have that much time to put into the game in general, wasting time really gets to me (it's also the reason why I spend most of my time with the game running missions instead of doing stuff like Captura or Simulacrum)

You know I wanted to be a smartass but after reading through the comments you've had enough.

You just gotta keep at it even if you fail because that is what life is about. Join a clan and make friends so you can have people who would be willing to help and communicate with you. 

Edited by (PS4)zeratul____12
  • Like 2

Poor OP 😞

I'd offer to carry you but we're on different platforms.

I understand where you're coming from. Mission failures in Warframe really don't bother throwing a bone despite being a video game for fun and relaxation. Base affinity gains being wiped is definitely the worst. Especially since there exist really awful paths of failure that are extremely difficult or impossible to counterplay (ex. Lich rad proccing you next to a defense objective as soon as it spawns while you're fighting).

If you want help with builds and tips, I would be happy to provide. I enjoy helping people and providing practical advice.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan
  • Like 1

As someone who only does solo due to terrible internet and an allergy to social interactions i will tell you that you should never give up.

If you're having trouble the first thing you should do is level and use the appropriate mods, if that doesn't work then use different weapons and warframes. 

Lastly, don't be afraid of changing your playstyle. Everyone here already lives and breathes meta so we are all used to never failing but we were all like you once.

Just be happy that in these times there are a lot of viable weapons and warframes now, back then it was only hek and gorgon.

• Like 2