Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failure

You have some choices here:

1. Failed the mission, feel so sad, complain, whine, crying, uninstall Warframe.
  2. Failed the mission, feel nothing and move on, revise your tactics, do more research, read more guides, get help from masters, improve your gears, do more practices. then retry the mission when you are ready.

Guess which one I have choosen ?

11 hours ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Doing high level missions (not even sortie level) solo does at times mean that victory is not assured (stuff like the highest level Rathuum or Kuva survival). I know that's not really speaking in my favor and I know I have issues in certain areas.

Tho as I said, it feels like I'm wasting time doing some mission to be met with failure.

And as I don't have that much time to put into the game in general, wasting time really gets to me (it's also the reason why I spend most of my time with the game running missions instead of doing stuff like Captura or Simulacrum)

If you're having trouble with the game, a good idea would be to start watching tutorials on frame builds, or wiki-diving. That is't going to help with navigating the kuva fortress, which I admittedly do still struggle with at times, but its a start.

Really, just don't give up. A failure is always going to sting, but you gotta keep going at it until you figure it out, either through brute force, or finding another way around it. I understand your issue, cause when I started, I was there. This game doesn't do a great job at teaching you decent builds or anything, but once you do find something that works, that's where the real fun begins.

If you need a hand, just send me a psn message (Cause I can't guarentee I'll be on at the time) and I'll be happy to help out.

• Like 2

Well, it often is a learning experience. I'm OK with it as long as it's because I dun goofed. Last railjack failure was because I was too in the zone shooting the baddies I didn't pay attention to the 'CATASTROPHIC FAILURE' (the best kind of failure) warning. Hmm, maybe I should pay more attention to that.

Time before that, sentients in a lich mission one-shotting the mobile defense objective with their lasers. Raised eyebrow, "you gotta be kidding me", followed with "maybe I should've gone into a different room when I knew the sentients were coming".

People straight up aborting your defense mission? Not much you can do in the heat of the moment other than try your best. Everyone leaving at wave 10 and you don't think you can handle it on your own? Leave with them. Future defense missions? Bring a defensive frame to help combat these situations.

Edited by shadyadie
typo

vor 21 Stunden schrieb (PS4)zeratul____12:

oin a clan and make friends so you can have people who would be willing to help and communicate with you. 

I am in a clan, but I don't really go on missions with clanmates. And I have no friends that I could ask to play with me. I'm largely a solo player and usually get my squads via matchmaking.

I never really see any time I get to play a game as time wasted, because I got to play a game.

For me, the rewards, levels, advancement, etc., are all just by-products of playing a game, not the goal or how I judge 'fun'.

I enjoy progression, but I don't play to progress, as long as I am not sleeping at the wheel, I get stuff to andvance my character, but I never worry over the time invested vs. how far I have advanced.

No idea if this helps, OP, but not worrying about rate of advancement and the things I acquire in games has allowed me to enjoy them much more, even if it's sometimes hard to ignore the peer-presure of other players that think advancement _is_ the game.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Gwyndolin-chan:

If you want help with builds and tips, I would be happy to provide. I enjoy helping people and providing practical advice.

Thank you. I always appreciate if people want to help me.

Tho I have to say, I have turned quite a few people away after talking to them about the issue - hence why i don't talk openly about it and rather cook up my builds all on my own.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Tho I have to say, I have turned quite a few people away after talking to them about the issue - hence why i don't talk openly about it and rather cook up my builds all on my own.

I pretty much only solo in WF - pretty much everyone I have met in game is just worried about how fast they can get to the end, while I just want to mosey.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

Understandable 🙂

Good luck and may the Darkmoon watch over you 🌙

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Zimzala:

I pretty much only solo in WF - pretty much everyone I have met in game is just worried about how fast they can get to the end, while I just want to mosey.

For me, it's mostly about making something of the little time I have with the game.

THat's why I spend most of the time in missions and not enywhere else in the game.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

For me, it's mostly about making something of the little time I have with the game.

THat's why I spend most of the time in missions and not enywhere else in the game.

Same point - we are on different 'speeds' than much of the playerbase, if you will. 🙂 

I don't get as much game time as I would like either, I hear that.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)reidy35:

If you're having trouble with the game, a good idea would be to start watching tutorials on frame builds, or wiki-diving. That is't going to help with navigating the kuva fortress, which I admittedly do still struggle with at times, but its a start.

Really, just don't give up. A failure is always going to sting, but you gotta keep going at it until you figure it out, either through brute force, or finding another way around it. I understand your issue, cause when I started, I was there. This game doesn't do a great job at teaching you decent builds or anything, but once you do find something that works, that's where the real fun begins.

If you need a hand, just send me a psn message (Cause I can't guarentee I'll be on at the time) and I'll be happy to help out.

Thank you. I know where some of my issues lie.

And with some of them, I have struggled without progress for a while now.

On 2020-03-09 at 2:46 PM, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I can really say that I really hate seeing that "mission failed" screen.

I know that it's never a wanted thing, but I think for me, the feeling is worse.

One thing that I really hate is that I put all that time and work into clearing a mission (mainly with endless missions but also generally with any type of mission) only to go empty because when a mission fails, you don't get any rewards and no extra affinity.

When this happens, it feels like the time I put in got wasted.

There will be some saying I should take this as a learning experience. But to me, it doesn't feel as rewarding as a completed mission does (makes me sound ungrateful, right?)

Anyways anyone's 2 cents are welcome (I don't think I'm gonna reply much tho)

Monster hunter: you fail the hunt not only do you not get anything outside of a few pickups and no exp at all you lose the recourses you used during the hunt. 

On 2020-03-11 at 1:52 AM, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

It's mainly about defense, when the rest of the group pulls out at the last moment, leaving me alone (usually beyond wave 10).

THo I generally hate it when I'm well into a mission and it fails because of some stupid reason.

Are you trying to level up your frames and weapons without bringing a decent weapon? That's leeching. Bring at least one weapon that can help contribute to the mission. But you can leave the group too after wave 10 with them. 

Hm, I would just be a bit wary if the feeling get, you know, to the outside world. If you feel that this IS growing and bringing more frustrations than joy, step back a bit, get fresh air, even play other games for a while, check if the feeling is related to something else that's going on your life right now and that's making things seems bigger than they are.

If I'm bummed out and decide to play certain games, hoboy, the smallest things can get me on the verge of crying. Sometimes I don't even know exactly what's bothering me until I stop and think about how my last days have been.

Remember that here you can always try again :)! There's no real punishment. In fact, you learn what didn't work and can do better a next time.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)KyomaSatomi said:

I was prepared for people piling on me for that post. But I am quite surprised about the amount of encouragement I've got.

I don't know if I deserve that friendliness.

I imagine you have a competitive/perfection drive in you that always strives for success and precision and that leads you to feeling dissapointed in yourself from any type of failure.

I'm the opposite way, where failure doesn't weigh so much on me. But I find its easy to encourage those who I know are like you and work so hard to strive for perfection/accomplishment in whatever they do to know and realize their worth even in the midst of a failure and just keep on trying and shooting beyond the bar. The failures don't mean anything, unless you give up as a result. You deserve the best there is, just as everyone else does. Keep working hard at whatever it is you strive to do in life. And don't measure yourself against your failures but all the things you get right. Even if you feel like failures outweigh your success. No one is perfect. Failures are always the best teaching moments to show us what we did wrong, so we can know not to do that for the next time. Even if we make the same mistakes over and over, we just have to keep striving to do our best. Best of luck!

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

vor 30 Minuten schrieb (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK:

I imagine you have a competitive/perfection drive in you that always strives for success and precision and that leads you to feeling dissapointed in yourself from any type of failure.

I'm actually not that competetive.

I just want to make as much as I can out of the limited time I have for the game. And for me, that means doing missions the vast majority of the time to gather ressources, focus or level equipment.

And if I get stripped of that, it makes me feel like I spent all of that time and effort in vain. And that is what makes me feel bad about failing.

Am 13.3.2020 um 01:19 schrieb Brey223:

Monster hunter: you fail the hunt not only do you not get anything outside of a few pickups and no exp at all you lose the recourses you used during the hunt. 

I'm an avid MH player myself.

Yet, failing a quest in that game, as much of a bummer as it can be, usually doesn't feel as frustrating as failing in Warframe.