Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick fix for Chroma - Hold to Charge

Bakaguya-sama

Look, I'm not going to argue whether Chroma need a rework or not. He absolutely does. His entire kit is garbage. He's useful in PT and eidolon hunt due to the ludicrous stat from his 3, but that's about it. Now that he lost his ability to charge his 3 with self-damage, more people are talking about him, which is good.  

However, I assume DE don't want to expend the manpower necessary to rework him, and also do not want to risk pissing off people who like old chroma if they change him too much.  

So here is a short-term solution: Allow Chroma to hold down 3rd ability button to charge. This work similarly to Inaros's 4. Chroma will simply be stationary and burn health to charge up his Vex Armor buff.  

This will work as a stop gap solution to substitute for the loss of self-damage for charging.  

Will this be too OP? Not really no. It's not like he gain more stat from doing it. And he will have to remain still, not moving and shooting while doing it. Look at how many people not even bother charging Inaros's 4 because they get left behind. Exactly.  

• Like 2

Or you know, instead of forcing people to self damage a frame, or hold to charge nonsense, just make the ability cast the maximum based upon it's own power strength right off like it should have always been.

Chroma is the only frame I can think of that has to go out of his way to get hurt for his ability to gain it's full potential.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Alcatraz said:

Or you know, instead of forcing people to self damage a frame, or hold to charge nonsense, just make the ability cast the maximum based upon it's own power strength right off like it should have always been.

Chroma is the only frame I can think of that has to go out of his way to get hurt for his ability to gain it's full potential.

Except it's a flatly ludicrous damage boost that never should have gotten that high anyway, and making it automatically at maximum would be even worse. Like oh yeah, tap button, receive what, 500% damage?

Yeah nah. He needs a bottom-up rework, something to let him be an actual dragon rather than a gun on legs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Except it's a flatly ludicrous damage boost that never should have gotten that high anyway, and making it automatically at maximum would be even worse. Like oh yeah, tap button, receive what, 500% damage?

Yeah nah. He needs a bottom-up rework, something to let him be an actual dragon rather than a gun on legs.

And that is NO different to rhino or valkyr or other frames that have buffs how? At least the charge-up mechanic would be balanced by sacrificing health and shields....so you WONT do it in the middle of a fire fight and move to cover first.

2 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

And that is NO different to rhino or valkyr or other frames that have buffs how? At least the charge-up mechanic would be balanced by sacrificing health and shields....so you WONT do it in the middle of a fire fight and move to cover first.

Before power strength, Rhino's damage boost is 50%.

Vex Armor caps out at 275%.

There's kind of a difference there.

• Like 2

Gosh there's so many good ideas for a Chroma rework.

People are worried about DE breaking him but Chroma is no longer the best frame for Eido hunting and he's mediocre at everything else. Half his kit is useless. And 100% of him is boring when he's supposed to a Dragon King! Now is the time for a rework!

I'm sure DE could find a way to make Chroma stronger while making his entire kit useful and fun. 

I mean look at what they did for Ember. Gave her solid survivability, enemy armor reduction and pretty good damage on top of making her kit look flashier then ever. 

• Like 1