Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee needs to be fixed yet again

(PSN)Xx-Ribbium-xX

Every time a major update that changes the fundamental mechanics of a weapon or system comes it hits conclave either breaking it (melee) or fixing it (shield gating) 

Blocking

Currently the biggest problem with melee as a whole is blocking. As of now it is only possible to consistently damage a player who is blocking with an AoE weapon like the staticor or wolfsledge.

Before the melee 3.0 changes melee used to reflect shots back at the opponent and drain energy for the player to not take damage. Even though that system was unbalanced on its own rewarding the melee player by damaging the person shooting (which always made melee way to easy in conclave) we have somehow managed to end up in a worse place than where we started.

Combos

Currently there are some weapon stances that still have radial knockdowns in the combos, Nikanas being one of those. Currently I see players entering a knockdown combo right after a slam which is easily and readily abused in matches (especially if paired with hydroids passive)

Weapons like hammers and sparring weapons have had the knockdown combos removed and this treatment should be across melee as a whole. 

Slide attacks

Currently the meta for slide attacks are for duel swords but we cant forget that tonfas and some daggers are capable of 1 shot slides in conclave as well.

DE need to test each one to balance the weapons for their fair damage valuse based on attack speed.

Telos boltace

Ragdoll in conclave shouldn't even be a thing, it breaks and throws players out the map and can completely ruin matches when combined with certain warframes and weapons.

How this weapon is still useable in conclave I have no idea

Here is where I think we should go from here

replace the 100% block with either an energy drain like before or a block thats only 10-15% effective. 

Remove knockdown from all melee combos 

Reduce slide damage by a metric ton. (This is utterly ridiculous how none of this was even tested before release)

Remove telos boltace from conclave. Kill it with fire

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

replace the 100% block with either an energy drain like before or a block thats only 10-15% effective. 

Remove knockdown from all melee combos 

Reduce slide damage by a metric ton.

100% Was necessary before with enemy aim-botting. Now, they may be able to tweak it, but I rather like it.
Perhaps a mod for you that sacrifices damage resistance or energy while blocking to do something you would rather have.

I do not want knockdown removed.. I want ground kills to activate more smoothly and quickly.

Reducing slide damage? Sounds fine to me. Never could understand why it was so notably high as compared to normal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Blocking

Currently the biggest problem with melee as a whole is blocking. As of now it is only possible to consistently damage a player who is blocking with an AoE weapon like the staticor or wolfsledge.

Before the melee 3.0 changes melee used to reflect shots back at the opponent and drain energy for the player to not take damage. Even though that system was unbalanced on its own rewarding the melee player by damaging the person shooting (which always made melee way to easy in conclave) we have somehow managed to end up in a worse place than where we started.

Combos

Currently there are some weapon stances that still have radial knockdowns in the combos, Nikanas being one of those. Currently I see players entering a knockdown combo right after a slam which is easily and readily abused in matches (especially if paired with hydroids passive)

Weapons like hammers and sparring weapons have had the knockdown combos removed and this treatment should be across melee as a whole. 

Yea the blocking is one of those things that DE forgot about when they removed channeling. It is quite annoying now, as someone that prefers to shoot. I’m all for it only blocking a percentage. I mean it sounds like common sense 

I didn’t notice how some combos didn’t have knockdowns anymore. Kind of a cheap way to get a melee kill ngl. Removing these will force melee users to actually use brain cells and not spam their knockdown combo and I’m all for that 

• Like 1

On 2020-03-10 at 7:10 AM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

The fact that they dont have a QA team member to test all this is bewildering 

Right now, there's nobody dedicated to Conclave at all from what we've heard. Having a QA team requires a development team.

Any fixes to Conclave seem to be mostly reactive in nature.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -Okusari said:

Telos is easy counterable,image atlas can't get ragdoll

As soon as atlas is no longer on the ground hes no longer immune. Hes also not immune to the pull effect the telos boltace has which also takes his off the ground.

No matter whichway you look at it the boltace will be the next go to meta weapon 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

This thread has all the details about why the boltace alone is busted. And then add that with the 100% blocking 

U slam a gram ,nothing can interrupt slam even if u in rsgdol the slam will be so u oneshot

On 2020-03-09 at 9:50 PM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Telos boltace

Ragdoll in conclave shouldn't even be a thing, it breaks and throws players out the map and can completely ruin matches when combined with certain warframes and weapons.

How this weapon is still useable in conclave I have no idea

good to know. lol see you in conclave ahhahahahahahaflying keanu reeves GIF

16 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

more and more players are abusing melee blocking which is resulting in more wolf sledge kills due to the aoe bot being able to be blocked

Bruh I think we played against each other few days ago . You and scrublord ? You were abusing the hell out that wolf sledge 

11 hours ago, (PS4)ggh667124 said:

Bruh I think we played against each other few days ago . You and scrublord ? You were abusing the hell out that wolf sledge 

Like i have just said in the post you quoted the wolf sledge is one of the only weapons in conclave that cant be blocked by melee cheese like nikana. maybe if you used your gun instead of just blocking and running I wouldn't keep aoeing you to death and just shoot you instead.

Plus the person on your team was also abusing the telos boltace. Now if you think that we wouldn't switch to our anti cheese loadouts in response then wow.

Edited by (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX
Additional explanation

8 hours ago, Okami_Shiranui said:

Telos boltace and wolf sledge just need to be straight up removed tbh. They don't really have a place in Conclave considering how broken they are. Especially the Sledge's 100% block while throwing BS.

Especially Wolf Sledge? Do you really think it's worse to deal with than Telos Boltace?

14 hours ago, Okami_Shiranui said:

Telos boltace and wolf sledge just need to be straight up removed tbh. They don't really have a place in Conclave considering how broken they are. Especially the Sledge's 100% block while throwing BS.

The blocking is something all melee weapons have. The wolf sledge on its own is really one of the only weapons that breaks through the blocking consistently. 

Also weren't you the guy who wanted the staticor to be buffed?