Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-Prime skins for Prime weapons


HellfireDaemon
 Share

Recommended Posts

As the title says. Why isn't this a thing yet? We can equip the non-prime skin of warframes on our prime frames, why can't we with weapons? It doesn't seem like it would be any harder to implement than any other skin, and I'm sure I'm nowhere near alone in saying that it would open up a plethora of fashion options. Might even make people who avoid using primed weapons because of their look start actually using them. And then there are just the cases where the prime looks bad compared to the default (Cough cough silva and aegis cough cough). I don't quite understand why this hasn't been implemented or even spoken about by the devs, I know I've seen multiple threads on the topic before.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)Darkrya said:

Give it a couple of weeks, it'll come, it's just one of those changes that comes sooner then you think.

What do you mean by this? I've seen countless posts asking for this over the past several years and not once have I seen or heard a dev mention it, I don't know what's there to indicate that it's coming "in a couple of weeks".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HellfireDaemon said:

What do you mean by this? I've seen countless posts asking for this over the past several years and not once have I seen or heard a dev mention it, I don't know what's there to indicate that it's coming "in a couple of weeks".

They recently changed kitguns to use a subset of skins, this is the post

That seems like an indication for me they're working on that sort of thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)Darkrya said:

They recently changed kitguns to use a subset of skins, this is the post

That seems like an indication for me they're working on that sort of thing.

As far as my friends and I can tell, they did this because they did the same thing with zaws a while back. I'm not sure of this being any indication of them working on allowing prime weapons to look like their non-prime counterparts. If it is, then hell yes, but I'm not sure I see the connection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They mentioned this a while ago. It was either Tennocon or a dev stream. Apparently normal skins for prime frames isn't intended and just happens due to how stuff is coded. They left it because it's cool and doesn't cause problems. They agreed it would be nice to have for weapons too and said it would be looked in to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

They mentioned this a while ago. It was either Tennocon or a dev stream. Apparently normal skins for prime frames isn't intended and just happens due to how stuff is coded. They left it because it's cool and doesn't cause problems. They agreed it would be nice to have for weapons too and said it would be looked in to.

Would you know where to find this? I don't not believe you I just really wanna get confirmation of this. Something I've been hoping for for the entire 4+ years I've been playing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HellfireDaemon said:

Would you know where to find this? I don't not believe you I just really wanna get confirmation of this. Something I've been hoping for for the entire 4+ years I've been playing

Fraid not, it's something I only vaguely remember hearing. I found an older thread and someone said it was the art panel from last Tennocon. I can only suggest looking for that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...