Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime changes?

Woolytop

So, compared to regular frost, frost prime has better shields *and that's it*. Every other prime frame in the game has increased armor compared to their original counterpart AND at least one other increased stat. Now, frost's base armor (300) is already on the high side, and frost also has an ability that scales with armor; However, so does rhino, and Rhino prime has more armor than Rhino. Valkyr also has very high armor, but Valkyr prime's is *even higher*. Can't Frost Prime have like... 325 or 350 base armor?

Side note, I also think it'd be cool if Frost's 2 was better or different; I like never cast it. Maybe I'm missing some use for it?

• Like 2

Frost Prime is the second Prime Warframe to be added into the game, but Mag Prime did indeed get an energy buff back in 2018. I wouldn't mind an Energy or a Health increase of 100 to 125 to be added in retroactively.

22 minutes ago, Woolytop said:

Now, frost's base armor (300) is already on the high side, and frost also has an ability that scales with armor; However, so does rhino, and Rhino prime has more armor than Rhino. Valkyr also has very high armor, but Valkyr prime's is *even higher*

While nice, it's rather easy to stack Snow Globes on top of each other, so it wouldn't be that noticeable. A bonus note: Rhino's Iron Skin and Valkyr's Warcry scales off of their Armor. This means Rhino Prime and Valkyr Prime will have a higher bonus when using these abilities. Those two can't stack their abilities unless Rhino absorbs damage during the early casting of Iron Skin.

23 minutes ago, Woolytop said:

Side note, I also think it'd be cool if Frost's 2 was better or different; I like never cast it. Maybe I'm missing some use for it?

Usually a cheap CC on higher levels if there aren't that many enemies to use Avalanche on, or easier way to kill low level enemies through walls. Pair it with Ice Wave Impedance, and anyone can barely move.

One big change I'd love to see concerns the Icy Avalanche Augment,
make that scale with enemy levels (see Ember / Booben) so it stays a strong Squad protection option beyond regular Star Chart missions.

In addition, have it take into account all enemies and affect all allies that touched the AoE during the lengthy cast,
too often enemies get killed before the cast is finished, and / or allies move beyond its range even with a high-Range build.

Furthermore, let it affect stuff like Sortie / Arbitration Defense Operatives, Rescue Targets, and whatnot.

Many have asked for a mobile defensive ability on Frost (including the previous poster lol),
well, this Augment already pretty much does exactly that, it just needs some tweaks to become truly reliable.

• Like 1