Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

GAS status new name

superiouz

with status update, pls rename gas with FART

it does just like fart not enough to kill someone. but just stink.

atleast that will make new player giggle sometime, and give them some enjoyment to use gas.

2020-03-10-14-43-20.jpg

and oh... make the sound tooo XD

Edited by superiouz
  • Like 7

Facetiousness aside, Gas does need to be looked at, because its status effect's been overnerfed. Both Corpus and Grineer are resistant to Gas damage for whichever reason, and at this stage that resistance could probably be removed. If that doesn't help, then increasing the DoT a little should also help. The element used to be a hidden gem when combined properly with certain mechanics, but at this point it's not worth picking even when going for specific builds.

• Like 3

And so many weapons have suffered from this.  

Pox, Zakti, Embolist, Cyanex and more.  These used to be status heavy weapons we would use and served a valuable purpose. 

Now with Gas as it is, it just doesn't have a place. 

5 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Gas is for killing infested. why on earth would you use it to kill corpus or grineer when they changed toxin and both factions are resistant. kills infested just fine.

Gas is only good against weak infested, and even then only when there is no Toxic Ancient nearby.

6 minutes ago, Derium-Envy said:

Gas is only good against weak infested, and even then only when there is no Toxic Ancient nearby.

and? god forbid you have to use more than 1 weapon in your arsenal to handle enemies. you see a toxin ancient? kill it with melee or your secondary. through out the faction gas is good. grineer and corpus already have too many weaknesses.

Edit: toxin ancients are also not resistant to gas.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

9 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

and? god forbid you have to use more than 1 weapon in your arsenal to handle enemies. you see a toxin ancient? kill it with melee or your secondary. through out the faction gas is good. grineer and corpus already have too many weaknesses.

Edit: toxin ancients are also not resistant to gas.

I'm criticizing Gas damage, and your reply starts with "just use something else lul". I'm glad that you agree that the damage type is bad.

Ancients, Boilers, Brood Mothers, Mutalist MOAs are not weak to Gas. Gas damage is not through out the faction a good damage type.

Also Toxic Ancients have this aura that provides itself, and all infested nearby 100% damage reduction to Toxic, and 80% damage reduction to Gas.

• Like 4

Just now, Derium-Envy said:

I'm criticizing Gas damage, and your reply starts with "just use something else lul". I'm glad that you agree that the damage type is bad.

Ancients, Boilers, Brood Mothers, Mutalist MOAs are not weak to Gas. Gas damage is not through out the faction a good damage type.

Also Toxic Ancients have this aura that provides itself, and all infested nearby 100% damage reduction to Toxic, and 80% damage reduction to Gas.

i didnt agree that gas is weak. also neutral does not equal bad. the aura does not apply to them only to infested allies. they are not resistant. "the Toxic Ancient stands out for the ability to grant nearby allies a toxic aura"

13 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i didnt agree that gas is weak. also neutral does not equal bad. the aura does not apply to them only to infested allies. they are not resistant. "the Toxic Ancient stands out for the ability to grant nearby allies a toxic aura"

Neutral does not mean good either. It's neutral.
And I'm pretty sure we're reading the same page, if you'd scroll down just a bit more you'd find out:
The Toxic Ancient's aura gives itself and all nearby enemies Toxin damage. In addition, the aura provides 100% damage reduction to Toxin and 80% damage reduction to Gas.

Gas is good against light infested, which are a class of enemy so completely flimsy and nonthreatening that you could use the worst possible elements or damage types and they'd still just vaporize. It's similar to how magnetic is good against shields, except that at least shields I guess have enhanced shield sorties.

DE has even admitted that gas is terrible now and needs to be looked at, but for some reason there's always apologists or defenders for anything. It's very apparent DE didn't think the change to gas through all the way and just sort of rushed it out. Though I dunno how much of a change I expect! It's possible it will be as small of a change as just removing the now very unneeded damage penalties it has against grineer and corpus.

as far as an elec/gas combo goes, it sounds like elec and gas now work about the same way. except that electricity stuns and has way better damage scaling

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

im loving the Gas/Electric combo on infested now.

bbb..but with viral+heat u can get 150+ % damage bonus and gas only 75% with infested.

then again any damage will kill infested. trash mob anyway.

42 minutes ago, Shaburanigud said:

The status effect of Gas is great, but the dmg type itself is quite problematic.

Kinda opposite of cold, which has an all-round damage type, but a horrible status effect.

Either of them are still better than magnetic though. Am I right?

Status effect of Gas was good, when it did Toxin damage. Now it does Gas damage and it's not good anymore.
Magnetic MIGHT be better than Gas right now, as Magnetic is good against 99% of Corpus as almost all of them have shields and is bad only against Alloy Armor.
Gas is good against light infested, weak against Cloned Flesh, weak against Flesh, and Toxic Ancients ruin it.

On 2020-03-10 at 6:48 PM, EinheriarJudith said:

Neutral is mediocre with good PR.

And you did agree that gas is weak. You don't realize you did, but you did.

...All this time and you still haven't learned that something that is only stated implicitly is still, none the less, stated. You really should choose your arguments more carefully.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-11 at 2:36 AM, superiouz said:

bbb..but with viral+heat u can get 150+ % damage bonus and gas only 75% with infested.

then again any damage will kill infested. trash mob anyway.

The Viral status effect is the outright best force multiplier status and the damage type has advantage against almost all Grineer units and all humanoid Corpus ones, including the full +75% against Grineer. For armored enemies you toss on a bit of Heat for armor strip, for unarmored you can optionally toss on a bit of electric for CC and minor AoE and some extra damage against Robotics. The only enemies for which this isn't the best option are enemies with Ferrite armor with a health type that's neutral to Viral, or who are status immune, where either or both of Corrosive damage's unique ability to ignore 75% of Ferrite armor, or the similar but slower-building effect of its proc on armored enemies' HP, pulls out ahead. For those enemies, you can use Corrosive and Heat for a higher maximum armor strip, or Just More Corrosive if they're status immune. 

So basically I'm not sure that holding anything up to the yardstick of the new Viral is fair. The frontloading of the proc makes it better against even most Ferrite-armored enemies than Corrosive is. If everything is going to compete equally, Corrosive needs a little more nerfing and Viral needs to lose some of its buff relative to the old versions. 

Gas is bad though. Like, it's gone from being at least an equal choice along with Toxin against Corpus to being just not even that, in the same update that made Viral absurdly good against Corpus (none of its benefits apply to shields, so it's neutral until you hit health, but by then the enemy is wearing a stack of Viral procs for instant deletion and humans take +50% for good measure.)