Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magus Warframe Healing

General_Manz

The Operator turned out to be a great way to heal the Warframe.

There are 3 ways of healing the Warframes through Operator arcanes. Each of them does it in a specific way. I'll list only Rank 5 values:
Elevate: Heal your Warframe for 300 hp, 95% chance. Trigger: Transference in (go back into your warframe)
Nourish: Heal your Warframe for 35 HP/second. Trigger: Transference out (go into your operator and stay in that form)
Repair: Heal your Warframe and allies for 25% life, 30m radius every second. Trigger: Void Mode

The issue: Nourish is an inferior form of heal as compared to others. It requires you to stay in Operator form while it's weaker than your Warframe. 

Proposal: Make Magus Nourish be a heal over time with a set duration. For example, 
Nourish: Heal your Warframe for 10/15/20/25/30/35 HP/s for 2/4/6/8/10/12 seconds.

That way, your average heal per use of arcane is:
Elevate: 15/40/75/150/212/285
Nourish: 20/60/120/200/300/420
This would be balanced because Elevate can be reused rapidly, while Nourish can only be refreshed.

This way the identity of each Arcane would be:
Elevate: Fast heal with a small chance of failure
Nourish: Set a heal over time while you fight in your Warframe.
Repair: Group healer, Tank healer.

Edited by General_Manz
  • Like 6

considering that, for now, there's not much advantage to use operator, compared to your warframe (except maybe by using Umbra Excalibur), giving that healing duration sounds good on paper, specially for low health warframes

1 minute ago, Zeyez said:

considering that, for now, there's not much advantage to use operator, compared to your warframe (except maybe by using Umbra Excalibur), giving that healing duration sounds good on paper, specially for low health warframes

I still like using my operator for croud control. Draw them in with void mode, slam them with an electro-void blast, then hop back into my frame and shred

1 minute ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

I still like using my operator for croud control. Draw them in with void mode, slam them with an electro-void blast, then hop back into my frame and shred

its known that they have some utility, like being used as tool for spy missions, ressurection and the focus, but for AoE electric proc? Void singularity can be used like that, but Magus Lockdown + anomaly can do just fine without locking you into Zenurik

personally, and for now, i don't like to think that i should be so locked behind of what operator can do... mostly for playstyle reasons, since its expected that DE will change focus school until the next quest that is related to the operator
i may change that opinion eventually to use, per example, arcane trickery (naramon's void dash properties can allow finisher), but not now