Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

condimentking

What current MR every Warframe YouTubers have?

Recommended Posts

Mods, Mod Ranks matter, not MR, quick 10 rounds of hydron-fail with wisp and 3x mk1 weapons because reasons, got more long boring vids of the same setup doing 30 rounds, but who the hell wants to watch 30 mins of MR0 fail.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Two prominent Warframe Partners that I follow have a very interesting thing in many of their videos: when Lotus pops up to deliver her canned text, it's always normal Lotus, not post-Apostasy holo-Lotus. We're talking guys doing Arbitrations, Veil Proxima, etc. These are guys who have definitely done every story quest available and yet they still have normal, non-holo-Lotus. Something's amiss there.

....they could just have creator mode on.

 

But sure, let’s just speculate without all the info, amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

....they could just have creator mode on.

 

But sure, let’s just speculate without all the info, amirite?

Being that I am not a content creator, I had no idea Creator Mode was an option. Therefore, speculation is all I had. I stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Being that I am not a content creator, I had no idea Creator Mode was an option. Therefore, speculation is all I had. I stand corrected.

Sorry if I came off as confrontational. People speculating things when there is a clear answer is one of my pet peeves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I rushed to MR18, and am now going back and practicing spy ciphers because I could barely complete spy sorties lol.

I've practiced and everything's fine now lol. My next milestone is getting to Lvl 200 enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

How come the people who constantly parrot "MR doesn't matter" are usually low MR?

Nah, dude. Im MR23, and i had a clan member who is just MR8 and opening every star chart like a baws, and defeated every clan members' obstacle course time, and even genuinely know about the game mechanics .. .

When i asked him why, he replies "I feel very comfortable with this, i can do everything, so i don't need to increase my MR ranks... ."

Proof that so many Tennos have different colors, playstyles, and choices in the game.

Period... .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that YouTubers might be above the average because it’s in their interest to try everything, which is all MR really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

My guess is that YouTubers might be above the average because it’s in their interest to try everything, which is all MR really is.

to "try everything" you dont need more than MR16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

to "try everything" you dont need more than MR16.

Sure, but if a YouTuber is ranking everything up and doing reviews and stuff, they’ll just end up with a whole bunch of mastery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not hard grinding MR, but for the later lvls it requires a very "completionist" mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, buffalobuffalogaming said:

Higher MR means the player have suffered more in-game traumatic grinding experience than Lower MR.

This, relatable, af... . 😂

Also gacha relics' victim, and "Damn i should put Nekros, Hydroid, or Khora all the time everywhere for resources, ffs... ." type. 😂

17 hours ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

My guess is that YouTubers might be above the average because it’s in their interest to try everything, which is all MR really is.

Kinda u ended up in the really high rank if ur contents is reviewing every single weapon and warframe available, tbh. Unless u just want to review the meta ones... .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, condimentking said:

Nah, dude. Im MR23, and i had a clan member who is just MR8 and opening every star chart like a baws, and defeated every clan members' obstacle course time, and even genuinely know about the game mechanics .. .

When i asked him why, he replies "I feel very comfortable with this, i can do everything, so i don't need to increase my MR ranks... ."

Proof that so many Tennos have different colors, playstyles, and choices in the game.

Period... .

I watched a mr2 guy on mixer.. He was just putting his 7th forma on a lato. When he'd finished that he went to the void interception mission. No one joined him so he did 3 waves solo. Melted my head watchin that happen out of the blue. That was two years ago? Maybe longer.. I was mr16 then. Still am. Well over 3k hours into the game and really have no motivation at all to rank up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (XB1)Muttz v2 said:

I watched a mr2 guy on mixer.. He was just putting his 7th forma on a lato. When he'd finished that he went to the void interception mission. No one joined him so he did 3 waves solo. Melted my head watchin that happen out of the blue. That was two years ago? Maybe longer.. I was mr16 then. Still am. Well over 3k hours into the game and really have no motivation at all to rank up.

There are only 2 main reasons why i increase my MR:

-That OCD sense of completionist.

-Increasing trade limit, im a merchant.

Everything else idgaf, actually... . 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-10 at 10:59 AM, condimentking said:

 

Doesn't mean low MR = lower in-game knowledge of the game, though...  .

MR is increased by leveling up different gear, exploring the starmap and using certain mechanics in the game, followed by a MR test

It has nothing to do with knowledge, time, effort, player quality.

There are however players who believe higher MR = better, never take this seriously as that is the one of the things that makes players subpar, as in, below average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Low MR with high in-game hours means one thing for sure... That the player is focused and happy with a small amount of equipment and isn't very inclined to experiment with new diverse stuff. Similarly higher MR with low hours means the person hasn't put in a lot of time exploring all the equipment they have used so far and just rushed to the finish line once and called it a day and moved on to the next thing. 

Meme-youtubers may have low MR (cuz their skits type of content doesn't need too many different frames or equipment reviews), whereas a Build/Meta stuff youtuber is likely to have everything under the sun. It's just an educated guess on my part though, so don't attach any particular value to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

Low MR with high in-game hours means one thing for sure... That the player is focused and happy with a small amount of equipment and isn't very inclined to experiment with new diverse stuff.

Small digression:

Hey, dat me! “Low MR with high hours”. But I love experimenting with diverse stuff, so it’s just short of being accurate, sorry. Guess I’m an exception to the rule! 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, condimentking said:

Kinda u ended up in the really high rank if ur contents is reviewing every single weapon and warframe available, tbh. Unless u just want to review the meta ones... .

Yeah,I was just thinking about the youtubers that do a lot of reviews and rankings of everything in the game. I’m also just assuming that they’re actually testing everything fully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-11 at 3:33 AM, Methanoid said:

Mods, Mod Ranks matter, not MR, quick 10 rounds of hydron-fail with wisp and 3x mk1 weapons because reasons, got more long boring vids of the same setup doing 30 rounds, but who the hell wants to watch 30 mins of MR0 fail.

 

Just watched the video. Can i add you? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, condimentking said:

Just watched the video. Can i add you? 😂

haha feel free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-03-12 at 11:58 AM, KIREEK said:

MR is increased by leveling up different gear, exploring the starmap and using certain mechanics in the game, followed by a MR test

It has nothing to do with knowledge, time, effort, player quality.

There are however players who believe higher MR = better, never take this seriously as that is the one of the things that makes players subpar, as in, below average.

MR has just turned into a joke the same way wow adopted gearscoring to determing a players worth, many wont care but you can still jump into some seriously easy missions like hydron/etc and see ppl just up and quit when they spot lower ranked players in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

MR has just turned into a joke the same way wow adopted gearscoring to determing a players worth, many wont care but you can still jump into some seriously easy missions like hydron/etc and see ppl just up and quit when they spot lower ranked players in the team.

While not realizing that they bring augmented 1 hit AoE kill Warframe with em... . 😂

 

On 2020-03-13 at 7:47 PM, Methanoid said:

haha feel free.

Ok, request sent, my friend... . 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im MR 28, and I know a MR 9 with better aim than me. I just like the high MR for the extra trades and synd cap. 

And also can give opinion on more weapons, but you can gather alot of weapons and still be MR 0-15 so eh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"MR Means nothing" is a bit of an exaggeration, it's of course true that player skill, gear and knowledge is not directly tied to MR in any way, but, on average, over time, most people rise in both skill and knowledge the more they play, and on average the more they play the higher MR they gain.

If you take the average skill, gear and knowledge level of 1000 MR 28s, and 1000 MR20s, it's overwhelmingly likely that the 28s are going to have a higher average, but that in no way means every MR28 has more of these things than every MR20.

It's similar to using playtime as an indicator, it's got some predictive use, but outliers are common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...