Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Nerf Proposal

Traumtulpe

1 hour ago, freeformline said:

Lowering accuracy would also be good. It would lower enemy threat without making the ability be just another slow. That, or maybe it would double the effect of all status ailments on affected enemies for the duration of the ability, so it's only strong if you're working on them with weapons or other abilities? Enhancing status ailments would also add some synergy with allies who apply status at high rates.

For party synergy DE could always revert Miasma to the old Viral effect - halving health for a duration.

If all you want is crowd control you can mod to reduce duration, increase efficiency, and spam Miasma. Not exactly fun, but good enough for defense missions.

Ever since her latest rework, I noticed a lot of people playing inappropriate Warframes like Frost or Inaros on inappropriate missions like Extermination complaining about Saryns being useful. Specifically "Spores" and "Miasma" are the abilities that draw jealousy for those who are deprived of any intellectual ability that would be sufficient to understand warframe main concept and roles in different missions.

It should be quite obvious to anyone, that simply tweaking the numbers will not satisfy these lazy jealous ignorant people (unless the numbers are literally too small to kill level 5 Corpus), seeing as the recent Miasma nerf went unnoticed by them, and did nothing to dissuade further complaints. That is to say I'm looking further to see Saryn players suffering in eternal horrendous pain, their lives destroyed and their families buried alive. At least.

The only logical solution is then, to remove any damage from these abilities and replace it with utility so that a dd-designed frame would become an debuffer-utlity-frame. Which seems logical to me. Thankfully there are several kinds of utility entirely absent from Saryns kit for a good reason her being a dd, making this undertaking quite easy. Two of my favorites ways to make people suffer another unnecessary nerf put in place to please a small minority of complainers:

• Damage reduction. Many Warframes can achieve 90% damage reduction, and possibly even confer this benefit to other Warframes and objectives. Of course Saryn is entirely incapable of anything comparable. Except that she has an augment for this that I'll purposely will forget to mention. A golden opportunity to replace damage - Miasma: Afflicts foes in a 20 m radius with the Viral status effect, while allies receive 70% damage reduction for 30 seconds. Because Saryn is all about buffing alies and not killing anything. That is her principal role. And this will help me to play my favorite warframe and get buffed by Saryn as I consider her my personal slave as much as all other players.
  • Slowing enemies, bonus resources. Quite valuable support for those who launched the game for the first time and never heard about Nova, Cold Status,Titania, Ivara, Khora, Hydroid, Nekros and many other things that are doing quite the same thing. We all need another one. Candidate for devouring Spores functionality. Spores: Plant fast growing spores on enemies, slowing them by ridiculous 30%. After 3 seconds the spores bloom into an additional loot drop, that no one really needs at this point and spread to targets within 16 m so they can spam loot at rooms where no one would collect it. Because I really want to nerf this. No S#&$.

Of course there are many more possibilities to bring pain and devastation to people I hate. From healing allies that is to say me, to dropping energy orbs for me, restoring shields for me again, crowd control so I can't get killed with my flimsy useless build, providing status immunity so I'll become immortal god among humans, increases to attack/reload speed so I can bring death to hordes of enemies without any effort, blocking attacks and countless other examples of utility, brought to the table by other Warframes that I want to be my personal slaves.

What a time to be alive!

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TeaHawk said:

I'm looking further to see Saryn players suffering in eternal horrendous pain, their lives destroyed and their families buried alive. [...] become an debuffer-utlity-frame. [...] she has an augment for this that I'll purposely will forget to mention [...]

Of course there are many more possibilities to bring pain and devastation to people I hate. From healing allies that is to say me, to dropping energy orbs for me, restoring shields for me again, crowd control so I can't get killed with my flimsy useless build, providing status immunity so I'll become immortal god among humans, increases to attack/reload speed so I can bring death to hordes of enemies without any effort

Thanks for the chuckle, but Saryn does not have any damage reduction whatsoever, be it augment or otherwise.

I also couldn't help but notice that you don't seem to have played Saryn before her latest rework, where Miasma wasn't worth using beyond low levels, and Spores main functionality was to proc Viral on everything and propagate Toxin status. You might have called her a "debuff-utility-frame".

->Thanks for the chuckle, but Saryn does not have any damage reduction whatsoever, be it augment or otherwise.
Firstly, not every warframe must have damage reduction. Secondly she has a viable alternative to this: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Regenerative_Molt

->I also couldn't help but notice that you don't seem to have played Saryn before her latest rework, where Miasma wasn't worth using beyond low levels[...]

Which is not correct, because a good low-energy consumption build makes her an absolute devastating killer on Sanctuary Onslaught. All you need is your 4th. Which makes it perfect to farm focus.

You have probably never used her this way. I reject your objection.

I don't understand why people are unhappy about a rework that makes a warame fulfilling its role. This does not make any sense to me.

I'm really looking forward to see how you gonna deal with Mesa next. Maybe make her shoot allies instead of enemies, so she could heal you? Just giving you some ideas.

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

not every warframe must have damage reduction. Secondly she has a viable alternative to this: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Regenerative_Molt [...] Sanctuary Onslaught [...] I'm really looking forward to see how you gonna deal with Mesa next.

Regenerative Molt is nice, I use it in fact. But it really doesn't have anything to do with damage reduction, which roughly equals immortality.

Who cares about regular SO? I sure don't, can't even be bothered to farm Khora. Have fun pressing that 4th button though.

I don't care about Mesa, since I don't play her. I'd expect damage reduction to get nerfed at some point, which would affect her, but it really doesn't matter to me.

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Regenerative Molt is nice, I use it in fact. But it really doesn't have anything to do with damage reduction, which roughly equals immortality.

I don't understand why does she need to abslolutely have a damage reduction. This is clearly not this frame main concept. She's not intended to be a tank. She is a quite outstanding damage dealer. That's her role. And this role is needed.

15 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Who cares about regular SO?

People who tried it with appropriate builds. SO gives as much focus as ESO per time and effort. It is quite easier to spam abilities there. Enemies are guaranteed to be dead. And there's a little risk of dying for the first 8 waves. There is a very little interest in going on ESO except staying just for a couple of rooms and having high-lvl enemies fast. If you're doing 8 rooms — SO is a better choice in a long term strategy. Consider trying 4th spam build on it. You will see what I'm talking about.

20 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I don't care about Mesa, since I don't play her.

I don't understand you at this point. Why would someone be looking for a nerf for a favored warfame? Things you mentioned before would make Saryn some flimsy buffer no one needs as long as you have better options for this. And considering your suggestions, I can say there are many.

• Like 1

She doesn't have to. It was merely a suggested replacement for damage. I am not farming focus anymore, and when I started playing Saryn she wasn't a nuker (aside from low levels) - so it wouldn't bother me much if she returned to being focused on weapon-synergy.

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

She doesn't have to. It was merely a suggested replacement for damage. I am not farming focus anymore, and when I started playing Saryn she wasn't a nuker (aside from low levels) - so it wouldn't bother me much if she returned to being focused on weapon-synergy.

The keyword here is YOU.

It does not bother you. You don't farm focus anymore and so on. Even your trade-of suggestion seems to be inspired by the lack of utility aspects you're currently missing on this frame. I'm not calling you selfish. But can't you remember how long and dull may be farming focus on everlasting repeating missions? How many millions of it do you need to max out a single school? This is insane. Saryn is brought here to save us from this painful bullS#&$ or at least to make it faster.

You're about to take out one of the sole warframes that make this experience less painful. Please, think about other players who haven't been through all this hell yet. To mention many complainers are generally noobs or irregular players. If you ask me, they don't even have an idea about how much time do you need to waste to max out your school or put 8 formas in a weapon.

• Like 2

Please calm down. I just offered my opinion since I often see complaints about Saryn. Sometimes people tell me after sorties how overpowered Saryn supposedly is, when I dealt >75% damage with melee only...

I think a nerf is coming. Eventually. I'd rather have some utility than 2 completely useless abilities is all.

9 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Please calm down. I just offered my opinion since I often see complaints about Saryn. Sometimes people tell me after sorties how overpowered Saryn supposedly is, when I dealt >75% damage with melee only...

And that's the problem. Some people see Saryn as an ultimate OP and don't take in account all the details. You give us a perfect example of this situation. You could reach 75% on any warframe. But as long as people see Saryn they keep complaining. It is some kind of a trigger.

I've been leveling up my friend with nuking Gara on Hydron for last few days. I've had always around 90-97% damage and kills. I've never seen anyone complaining by so far. Moreover, people just have been asking for my build. I'm curious if it would be the case with Saryn.

9 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I think a nerf is coming. Eventually. I'd rather have some utility than 2 completely useless abilities is all.

I understand you concern. But I don't see any reason for Saryn getting nerfed. Especially after last update where DE literally put something like this in patch notes:

Due to the changes with regard to how Viral Status stack, Saryn's Miasma will now only apply a single Viral Status on its initial hit rather than each time Miasma applies damage.

• This change may sound scary, but you will still get that same 6 seconds of initial doubled damage, just stacking now. If you play Saryn, you know it’s rare that enemies even survive Saryn’s damage output!

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Like 3