Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any chance adding Stereoscopic to the game?

iHeuksal

Just plain simple. 3D imagination of Warframe for those who want to use their HMD also for other games.

Would be an option, where everyone who own's a HMD would not skip upon trying and probably adapting to it.

Most of us do have the hardware for it.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-10 at 5:18 PM, Corvid said:

Define "us".

If people like "you" would actually pay attention to the whole context:

"Stereoscopic IO with HMD -> most of those users who have the hardware to run games like warframe on their additional hardware (in this case VR-Hardware)".

Seems like there are still people who need to get babysitting in every tiny bit of understanding after all...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

"Stereoscopic IO with HMD -> most of those users who have the hardware to run games like warframe on their additional hardware (in this case VR-Hardware)".

Seems like there are still people who need to get babysitting in every tiny bit of understanding after all...

I'm just wondering where you got the info that most people had VR gear. To my knowledge, it's still very much a niche.

• Like 3

hace 4 horas, iHeuksal dijo:

So for you most player have VR gear ? .... wow , you are really clueless eh . Not even a 0.00001% of players have it , and i being extremelly generous with the number .

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Corvid said:

I'm just wondering where you got the info that most people had VR gear. To my knowledge, it's still very much a niche.

VR gaming is not a niche anymore. Take into account that news magazines are posting stuff for more than 5 months now (even before Alyx and stuff, if you wanna come up with that argument).

13 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

So for you most player have VR gear ? .... wow , you are really clueless eh . Not even a 0.00001% of players have it , and i being extremelly generous with the number .

Oh, not even "0.00001%"? Where are the statistics from? Local-Homemade-Factory?

Your "generosity" is completely false, paired with a clueless mind about how VR gaming currently is ramping up in popularity.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/426469/active-virtual-reality-users-worldwide/

https://techjury.net/stats-about/virtual-reality/

"0.00001%", lel. Get your facts straight.

Edited by iHeuksal
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

VR gaming is not a niche anymore. Take into account that news magazines are posting stuff for more than 5 months now (even before Alyx and stuff, if you wanna come up with that argument).

Articles were being written about the Kinect for more than 5 months, doesn't mean it wasn't niche. Bear in mind, I'm saying that as someone who owned one.

4 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

Your "generosity" is completely false, paired with a clueless mind about how VR gaming currently is ramping up in popularity.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/426469/active-virtual-reality-users-worldwide/

For one, that site doesn't allow you to look at its sources without a premium membership, and in fact needs an account just to look at the charts. For another, even if it lists how many rigs have been purchased, it explicitly mentions that the vast majority of purchases are from non-gaming sources (The number listed for gaming-related purchases is 16 Million, the rest are for things like architecture, education and tourism), and even among them, it doesn't specify if a rig is for personal use, or as equipment for gaming cafes. In other words, VR gaming is still very much a niche.

Hell, without knowing how many gamers (VR or not) exist in total, that stat is still useless.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

"0.00001%", lel.

Those are worldwide estimates, which are very low numbers considering that.

When it comes to Steam, only about 1.4% of people there own/use a headset on a monthly basis. It simply costs too much for most people, and VR hasn't matured enough either, so it only makes sense that a small number of people regularly use it for games.If people had the money for such things, then consoles would have died a long time ago, and the most popular gpus wouldn't be in the 100-300$ range.

And yet still, you guys are somehow butthurt and discussing about this topic like "no, we don't want it at all"?

Why are you guys even replying, frankly asking? Why do you even care about an addition option to the game which won't affect you personally in any regards?

Why do have people such a stupid urge to deny and justify every tiny bit of crap they see around on any kind of forum on the web?

Ask yourself this question: Is this something which would interest me if added? No? Then leave. As simple as that.

I don't get this community. Since 2015, this turned into a social white knighting bs all over the place. VR is not a niche, nor is the option of a SBS IO programming a huge deal, it can be included to the game as DX12 libraries have been added to games with ease.

• Like 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Corvid:

Articles were being written about the Kinect for more than 5 months, doesn't mean it wasn't niche. Bear in mind, I'm saying that as someone who owned one.

For one, that site doesn't allow you to look at its sources without a premium membership, and in fact needs an account just to look at the charts. For another, even if it lists how many rigs have been purchased, it explicitly mentions that the vast majority of purchases are from non-gaming sources (The number listed for gaming-related purchases is 16 Million, the rest are for things like architecture, education and tourism), and even among them, it doesn't specify if a rig is for personal use, or as equipment for gaming cafes. In other words, VR gaming is still very much a niche.

Hell, without knowing how many gamers (VR or not) exist in total, that stat is still useless.

Then use the world wide web to actually get the information somewhere else. Whats the matter? Use games hardware, LTT, Game Charts, steam Stats, what the hell ever. Don't be a lazy bum and start with "Links provided don't meet MY criteria" - no one cares about that part.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KiIlu said:

Then use the world wide web to actually get the information somewhere else. Whats the matter? Use games hardware, LTT, Game Charts, steam Stats, what the hell ever. Don't be a lazy bum and start with "Links provided don't meet MY criteria" - no one cares about that part.

It is on the person making the positive claim (In this case, "VR has a significant enough install base to warrant DE's investment") to provide evidence. That is how burden of proof works.

2 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

And yet still, you guys are somehow butthurt and discussing about this topic like "no, we don't want it at all"?

Why are you guys even replying, frankly asking? Why do you even care about an addition option to the game which won't affect you personally in any regards?

Why do have people such a stupid urge to deny and justify every tiny bit of crap they see around on any kind of forum on the web?

Ask yourself this question: Is this something which would interest me if added? No? Then leave. As simple as that.

I don't get this community. Since 2015, this turned into a social white knighting bs all over the place. VR is not a niche, nor is the option of a SBS IO programming a huge deal, it can be included to the game as DX12 libraries have been added to games with ease.

All I have done is be skeptical. In fact, if you look at what I've said, not once have I stated that VR would be a bad idea. I have simply voiced a few queries, and when responses showed a lack of usable data, I have said so.

That you would become so defensive and (judging by the tone of your writing) angry at simple questions is... interesting. Especially since you seem to equate my curiosity with annoyance.

I would also point out that developing for VR would affect me (and others who lack the hardware) by simple virtue of taking up development resources that would otherwise go into parts of the game that I can enjoy, prolonging their development. As such, I feel I am well within my rights to voice my concerns when the matter is brought up on a public forum.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Corvid said:

Not that I disagree with anything else you wrote, just want to point you to some numbers that kinda show its not so much niche now. The pre-orders with Half Life Alyx has been insane - 300,000 which is setting it up to be the biggest steam release of the year. There's currently 43,000 players online at the moment, just barely edged out by Warframe at 45,000 (purely as reference, not comparing the games) as well as 240k viewers on twitch (inflated because new game)

With the new $350 USD Rift, the barrier of entry is a lot lower than it was. These numbers all look very good, so Half Life could be the thing that finally pushes VR into the mainstream.

34 minutes ago, Lion said:

With the new $350 USD Rift, the barrier of entry is a lot lower than it was.

I would like to point out that for many, the barrier for entry is not the hardware itself. In my case, it's a lack of available space, which is something that no price reduction will solve.

hace 8 horas, iHeuksal dijo:

It affects all of us .... Time spend in this insanelly stupid request its time that devs are not spending in gamemodes and content ... if you would use your brain for 5 secons before opening threads (in the wrong subforum .... ) , you would notice why people dont want it . 

"Why are you guys even replying, frankly asking? "

And why do you make this thread if you dont want people replaying ? you just want the replies that agrees with your stupid suggestion ? , its not like a forum works .

" you guys are somehow butthurt an"

For how you answered , you are the "butthurt" here pal .

Edited by Yagamilight123

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-24 at 3:38 AM, Yagamilight123 said:

It affects all of us .... Time spend in this insanelly stupid request its time that devs are not spending in gamemodes and content ... if you would use your brain for 5 secons before opening threads (in the wrong subforum .... ) , you would notice why people dont want it . 

"Why are you guys even replying, frankly asking? "

And why do you make this thread if you dont want people replaying ? you just want the replies that agrees with your stupid suggestion ? , its not like a forum works .

" you guys are somehow butthurt an"

For how you answered , you are the "butthurt" here pal .

Why should I be butthurt, if I am just asking for information up a maybe upcoming technical feature? And people, who have nothing to contribute or decide are posting stuff, which make no sense towards the context?

I guess you are on the wrong train. Don't join the forums, if you are all this confused after all.