Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can all snipers reload while staying scoped in?

Proxima.

I was just trying out different sniper builds and decided to try a Depleted Reload+Primed Chamber build on the Rubico for fun. However, it doesn't behave the way I hoped it would, since you are forced to unscope to reload, unlike what you can do on the Vectis/Vectis Prime where you can reload while scoped in. Currently only the Vectis variants can do that, no other snipers can.

So I thought why not make all snipers be able to reload while scoped in? I mean, it doesn't affect the game negatively in any way since you'd still have the choice to reload in or out of scope. If anything, it makes gameplay more streamlined as you don't have to take aim again everytime you reload, and my build will feel more smooth and fun to use.

And yes, you can get a single mag build on the Rubico with a riven, like so:

pc_rubico_build.PNG

So what do y'all think?

Edited by Proxima.
typo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think your points makes total sense...and yet, I enjoy it being a little perk that's unique to the Vectis. 

I understand. Personally, I still hope this will be a universal thing 😂

I never really saw it as a perk to Vectis. Imagine Vectis without this mechanic when it was first released, that would have been a huge design flaw in terms of user experience.

This is why I think DE included this interaction because they knew it was necessary in order to make the weapon feel good and not clunky.

With the advent of rivens, the possibility of 1 mag builds now extends to all other snipers, which is why I think they should share the same design as well.

2 hours ago, Proxima. said:

I never really saw it as a perk to Vectis. Imagine Vectis without this mechanic when it was first released, that would have been a huge design flaw in terms of user experience.

This is why I think DE included this interaction because they knew it was necessary in order to make the weapon feel good and not clunky.

Oh, absolutely.

2 hours ago, Proxima. said:

With the advent of rivens, the possibility of 1 mag builds now extends to all other snipers, which is why I think they should share the same design as well.

I was thinking its very appropriate for an exilus mod.  If that's a little too weak even for the exilus slot, then maybe packaging it with a secondary stat would work.

Unfortunately the two stats that come immediately to my mind are  disallowed in exilus.  Maybe a weak combo duration bonus?  Like, 3 seconds maybe?  Although a percentage bonus probably fits and works better.

I would seriously consider using something like that on Vulkar Wraith, my personal favorite sniper.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I was thinking its very appropriate for an exilus mod.  If that's a little too weak even for the exilus slot, then maybe packaging it with a secondary stat would work.

Unfortunately the two stats that come immediately to my mind are  disallowed in exilus.  Maybe a weak combo duration bonus?  Like, 3 seconds maybe?  Although a percentage bonus probably fits and works better.

I would seriously consider using something like that on Vulkar Wraith, my personal favorite sniper.

Although I would still prefer it to be a passive, I do like the idea of it being an exilus mod!

I got carried away and made a mock-up of it lmao

focused_reload.png

9 hours ago, Duality52 said:

Can't forget the Buzlok too 😃.

Now now, Buzlok ain't an actual sniper 😂

Edited by Proxima.
updated wording xd
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Proxima. said:

Although I would still prefer it to be a passive, I do like the idea of it being an exilus mod!

I got carried away and made a mock-up of it lmao

Oh, cool.  (Although to quibble, I think that should be either plus combo duration or minus combo decay.)

12 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oh, cool.  (Although to quibble, I think that should be either plus combo duration or minus combo decay.)

Oh yeah, I worded it poorly. Was supposed to be minus combo decay. Updated the picture 😅